• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Photo Gallery Thread -Merged

Mike Bobbitt said:
To celebrate, I'm going to resurrect a photo contest before the month is out!
I believe the technical term for that is "tempting fate"  ;D

No, this is tempting fate:

I can give my personal guarantee that no technical problems or issues will interfere with the contest, and that my weekend plans will not be hampered in any way by unforeseen and possibly catastrophic problems.

:D

Mike Bobbitt said:
No, this is tempting fate:

I can give my personal guarantee that no technical problems or issues will interfere with the contest, and that my weekend plans will not be hampered in any way by unforeseen and possibly catastrophic problems.

:D

Uh oh, everyone duck......   
2.gif

;)

Hi Mike,

I went to a military history museum on Sunday and today I tried to add some photos to the History Gallery.  When I clicked, "add items", it looked like the page was loading, but then nothing down loaded, none of my photos are in the gallery. 

How come my pictures didn't down load?  What do I do? 

No hurry, I know you are busy with the move. 

Thank you.

egy, can you try one photo first? If you were uploading several it may have taken too long and timed out. Also, if the photos are very large (several megs each) that could contribute to the problem. Resizing them prior to upload will speed things up.

Cheers
Mike

Hi Mike,

One at a time, at first, did work, but only for a few and now it isn't working any more.  I was able to upload 5 photos in total.  Each photo, but two, were loaded one at a time and then two of the photos were part of the same run. 

The gallery won't let me download any more photos, not even one at a time.  I right clicked on the photo I was trying to next download and selected 'Properties' and the information said, "3.19 MB", I have no idea what that means.

When I went to the add items page in the gallery it says, "No individual file may be larger than 2 megabytes".  I assume this means I need to make my photos smaller, but I don't know how to do that. 

-> I did a search in the 'My Computer' section using the 'Help' drop down option, but it had no results for me.  I thought there might be resizing instructions some where, but there doesn't seem to be.

-> When I right click on the picture in my computer, there is no 're-size' option.

-> When I double click on the photo, the photo opens in something called, "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer", along the bottom there are icons, but when I hover the mouse none of the icons give a re-sizing option.

-> My computer uses XP.   

-> I did a search on the net for instructions and I found this http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/learnmore/tips/eschelman2.mspx .  Q's: Is this program safe to download and use?  Do you have any recommendations, suggestions or tips?

Thank you for your time, very appreciated.

egy...download Infranview  http://www.irfanview.com/....it's free

install and open each of you pictures. resize it to 600 or 800 pixel by xxxx (automaticly determined by program)...then "save as" .......this will drop the size of the pic from1.5 Meg to about 80K....great little program

Thank you GAP.  I'll look into the program you mentioned.  Much appreicated.  :)

Alrighty... the photos have been added.  Whew- took a while.

There are some photos of photos posted; in case you are wondering, yes... I did ask at the museum if I could post the photos I took at the museum online and they said yes, but could not use them for reproduction commercial purposes (which I'm not).  There was only one room we couldn't take pictures in and I didn't take any photos in that particular gallery.  :)

The photos start on page 2 and they end on page 9.

Mike- with so many photos from the same military history museum, not sure if you want to put them all in one folder in the history section or not, up to you, but if you do, please keep them in their current numerical order.

Mike and GAP- thank you for your assistance... very appreciated.  :)

Nice photos, I noticed that some of the photos are duplicated, were you aware of that?

dangerboy said:
Nice photos, I noticed that some of the photos are duplicated, were you aware of that?
Thank you, so glad you liked the photos.  :)

I didn't notice any duplicates last night, but I had some difficultly with loading by where they didn't appear there after loading, even though I checked a couple times, so I reloaded them... prob. where the duplicates came in.  I'll have a look, thank you very much for letting me know. :)

Mike,

I don't see an option to delete duplicates (see above two posts).  Is this option there and I'm just not seeing it or will you need to go in and delete the duplicates?

--------

They had photos and items there worn by soldiers all over the country from east to west... was very interesting.

Thanks egy, I've removed the duplicates. I appreciate all your efforts in order to share your photos with us!

Okay, not sure if it just me having a blond moment, but, can't for the life of me figure out how to upload a photo for the Photo Contest. 
I have done it in the past, without problems, but when I click on Upload Photo it just takes me to the main page.  And did read this thread and saw about Add Items?!?!  But, can't find this either?!?    Please send help.......  :)

What happens if you go to http://army.ca/gallery2 and log in there... can you upload to the November 2009 album then?

Tried and when I login and login it just keeps asking me to type in the letters appearing in picture.  Did that and it just gives me new letters to type in.  After 4 sets of letters.....not sure how many.

OK, I think I got it... can you give it another shot? We'll get these issues sorted out early this month so we can have a large list of entries to pick from!

I was having toruble loading pics last night until i resized them to be under 2MB.  No problems after that.

I am still unable to upload photos. 

ENGINEERS WIFE said:
Tried and when I login and login it just keeps asking me to type in the letters appearing in picture.  Did that and it just gives me new letters to type in.  After 4 sets of letters.....not sure how many.

Still the same problem.  :p

Back