• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Photo Gallery Thread -Merged

You can upload them to somewhere such as http://www.imageshack.us, and then take the URL it gives you.  Paste the URL address that you got into the reply box and put [ IMG]  [/ IMG] tags around it. Less the spaces.

It should look like: [IMG ] http://thissite.com/mypicture.jpg [/IMG ]

All,

The forums were upgraded earlier today, and as a result, there is a slight change in the way Gallery accounts work. When you first click on the Gallery link, you will be prompted with these options:

Create a new account in Gallery.
Use an existing Gallery account.

If you have never accessed the Gallery before, please click on the Create a new account in Gallery. option and enter your forums password. This will create your Gallery account and link it to your forums account.

If you have already created a Gallery account, please click on the Use an existing Gallery account. option. You will be prompted for your username and password, just this once.

In both cases, you should never have to "log in" again once the accounts are created and linked. If you hit an error (such as ERROR_MISSING_OBJECT) try the second link, as you may already have a Gallery account.

As usual, if anyone has any problems or questions, please let me know.

Cheers
Mike

logged into an existing account and got this

Error (ERROR_COLLISION)in modules/core/classes/GalleryGroup.class at line 109 (GalleryCoreApi::error)
in modules/core/classes/GalleryEmbed.class at line 495 (GalleryGroup::create)
in /var/www/html/forums/Sources/Gallery.php at line 552 (GalleryEmbed::createGroup)
in /var/www/html/forums/Sources/Gallery.php at line 779
in ??? at line 0
in /var/www/html/forums/Sources/Gallery.php at line 149
in ??? at line 0
in /var/www/html/forums/index.php at line 129

Rather and sensibly click the back button, I clicked on the main menu button. Now whenever I go back to the gallery I get this and cannot access the options to create a new gallery account....and I am supposed to know better...

GAP said:
....and I am supposed to know better..

Same result, but I'm OK with it because as a self-acknowledged Luddite, I don't know better.

Why back in my day, electrons knew where they were going! DIRECT current! None of this uppity alternating current! I tells ya, way back when...........

Same thing. no rush This time I clicked on create a new account, assuming (I know, I know) that my account was no longer there, I would create a new one....sheesh.

Error (ERROR_COLLISION)in modules/core/classes/GalleryUser.class at line 154 (GalleryCoreApi::error)
in modules/core/classes/GalleryEmbed.class at line 360 (GalleryUser::create)
in /var/www/html/forums/Sources/Gallery.php at line 669 (GalleryEmbed::createUser)
in /var/www/html/forums/Sources/Gallery.php at line 405
in ??? at line 0
in /var/www/html/forums/Sources/Gallery.php at line 371
in ??? at line 0

I reclicked on existing account and this is what I got. The code is actually three ? not the "huh" emoticon

Error (ERROR_STORAGE_FAILURE)in modules/core/classes/GalleryStorage/GalleryStorageExtras.class at line 988 (GalleryCoreApi::error)
in modules/core/classes/GalleryStorage.class at line 501 (GalleryStorageExtras::addMapEntry)
in modules/core/classes/GalleryCoreApi.class at line 2923 (GalleryStorage::addMapEntry)
in modules/core/classes/GalleryEmbed.class at line 872 (GalleryCoreApi::addMapEntry)
in /var/www/html/forums/Sources/Gallery.php at line 496 (GalleryEmbed::addExternalIdMapEntry)
in ??? at line 0
in /var/www/html/forums/Sources/Gallery.php at line 437
in ??? at line 0
in /var/www/html/forums/Sources/Gallery.php at line 383
in ??? at line 0

Ok, I may have resolved this... you should not have to do anything if you already had an account from here on out.

However I've been proven wrong before. ;)

Mike Bobbitt said:
Ok, I may have resolved this... you should not have to do anything if you already had an account from here on out.

However I've been proven wrong before. ;)

Tell Murphy to go have a coffee break  ;D

worked like a charm, thank you Mike

Help! How do you add an image to your post?

On a scale of 1 to 10, I am a 3, when it comes to computer knowledge.

Above the reply to post box, right above the smiley faces there are square boxes - the bottom row and second to the right is the Add-Image box (highlight link and then click the box) or simply add [img.] and [/img.] respectively. (without the periods) 

Cheers

You can also use the "Additional Options..." link at the bottom of a reply form to attach an image. Best to do that if you don't have a link for it already and if it's pertinent only to this post.

The "best" way is to add the image to the gallery and use the img tags described above to link to it. That way the image is only stored once (no matter how many times it's referred to) and can also be viewed through the Gallery.

Thank you for the information. I will give it a try.

It was so simple to do I am almost embarrassed for having ask how to do it.

Thanks again people.

You only realize how simple once someone points it out, otherwise....  :(

I have another question that will show my total lack of computer knowledge.

Is it possible to pause a DVD movie and print the picture?

There is programs out there that allow you to do that (it's called taking a snapshot), but I don't know which ones, and I have never had to do it.

Back