• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Paintball Over The Years Thread

Would you be interested in forming a paintball team in Edmonton, Alberta?

• YES... - IF I LIVED IN EDMONTON

Votes: 22 84.6%
  • YES...and I do live in Edmonton

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • NO

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
Anybody paintball out there? Its sort of got to do with the army. Not really though. :sniper:

Yeah but paintballs hurt more so its more rugged and rough. Its pretty good if you can last an hour without wimping out.

LOL! Ya...I love paintball. Going painballin‘ with Nate M week from this sunday. Flagraiders all day...its gonna be sweet.

I was playing quite a bit up until a few months ago.

I was playing at Sgt Splatters a lot and I was getting really frusterated with the newbies, so I‘ve been taking a break.
They always cheat, and never leave when they get hit. In that respect, I‘ve learned how to aim much better, so that if a newbie tries to cheat and not leave when I hit his torso/arms/legs, I can usually land a couple of paintballs on the top of their head, and if not I make sure that I hit them at least 5 or 6 times so as to make them WANT to leave.

Also, I have 3 roundish scars across my back from some newbie who turned his velocity way up and shot me from a range of about 2 inches, instead of calling a mercy shot. He had wedged himself into an 8 inch gap between a wall and a door which was pitch black, and when I stepped through the door he let me have it.
The real kicker was he must have had to actually pull the gun as far back as he could so as to not actually be pressing it against me.
I was pretty tempted to give him 100 rounds from a similar range with 350 FPS velocity, but I didn‘t want to get banned.

I don‘t think paintball has a lot to do with the military really, but I have seen groups of military guys show up and play from time to time.

Too bad you had a rough ride GD. I used to play out west with other soldiers and it was always fun.

I am very interested in airsoft. I have a pistol (CZ 75) but no main weapon.

I have never been to a game either.

Yeah my cousin says that him and his unit go to a course to do training exercises and to have fun. What gun do you guys have. i have a Pirrana Storm Ps23g. its sweet. Yeah "newbies" or so they say always dont know the rules. Id like to give them a few thousand rounds down their throat!!

I have a Piranha STS VF.

It‘s a tournament grade marker, so I have problems keeping the velocity within acceptable limits when I play indoors. I end up cutting coils off even the weakest springs to it get down under 200 FPS.

Going paintballing with Jin in a week for Pheonix Project. It is so much fun (7 hours). Unfortunatly the last PP my marker was stolen (Piranha G2 with a bottom line and expansion chamber with a dot scope). It really sucked getting it stolen. I got a new marker for christmas (Piranha G3 BTL VF with custom barrel and another dot scope) and I‘m looking forward to the next one, I‘m never putting down my gun. But I would like to try airsoft. Where do you guys go? I think Flag Raiders has that as well but what do you recommend.

I prefer airsoft, with the Airsoft club I play with, theres a age requirment(18+) to play(so, older people, and more mature, compared to when I played paintball with anyone aged from 14?-40+). And from my experiance with airsoft, its more military orintated(ie, we work in sections, and have objectives), compared to the paintball, where for the most part, everyone just runs into the bushes an trys to shoot eachother. A paintball round usually lasts around 10-15 miniutes max, while a airsoft one could last almost 2 hours(for Milsims, it can be up to 48 hours)

Plus, its more realistic, ie reloading mags, etc.

I got a TM M16A1VN AEG, and 11 mags(getting more), I used to have a TM M733 Colt Commando AEG, but sold it.

Yeah but with airsoft you barely get hurt. If you want a game where you have shoot but suffer pain like in combat and not get nerves broken (even though thats happened before) paintballing is the way to go.

Oh, yea.. paintball is really hardcore like real war, I guess a lot of paintballers get Combat Stress Reaction...You cant get your "nerve broken" in paintball.

So, paintball hurts a bit more, so? I‘ve seen paintballs get decked out in football gear to avoid it.

A paintball hitting you, doesnt simulate what it would feel like to get shot with a bullet..

Originally posted by andytheyeti:
[qb] Yeah but with airsoft you barely get hurt. If you want a game where you have shoot but suffer pain like in combat and not get nerves broken (even though thats happened before) paintballing is the way to go. [/qb]
If someone gets their "nerves broken" in Paintball, they have a problem.

Paintball is NOTHING CLOSE to real combat. I havent experienced combat, but i can assure you paintball isnt even worthy of being called combat.

For some reason, it seems this thread is beginning a walk down a familiar road...

Ok you try telling three people ive seen get their ear busted and not work by getting shot with a paintball. so what if it doesnt exactly simulate getting shot. close enough for those people with busted ears and damaged heads.

couse with loud music my heads busted to.

Yeah i was just about to think of that. Oh well. Its their falt. Course if the newbies we beat very badly hadnt opened fire while were unarmored and they‘re in full armor...

Ok. lets get off the nerve stuff and cheaters lets talk about our experinces.

I‘ve never played airsoft. (wouldn‘t mine trying) And as for paintball me and my buddies play capture the flag....or go nuts shooting eachother.

That can be extremly gratifying..

At school all the kids use pen tubes and airsoft bbs and shoot eachother. Who knows how this started...

Back