• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Military Police [MP] Superthread

You will be issued all the appropriate statutes, codes, etc or given online access for the portions when they are needed.

Thanks for the helpful info everyone and the laugh garb811! I am glad I'll finally be able to give my WoW character the attention he deserves lol.

Just looking at the lack of military kit that is on the kit list is boggling, after dealing with the kit lists from the courses of my previous trade. I feel like there needs to be more than just 2 sets of combats, 2 pairs of boots, Rain kit and DEUs.

Cheers

IslandTrooper said:
Thanks for the helpful info everyone and the laugh garb811! I am glad I'll finally be able to give my WoW character the attention he deserves lol.

Just looking at the lack of military kit that is on the kit list is boggling, after dealing with the kit lists from the courses of my previous trade. I feel like there needs to be more than just 2 sets of combats, 2 pairs of boots, Rain kit and DEUs.

Cheers
Hmm...that does seem pretty thin but don't forget, most of your time is going to be spent in MPOPD which you will get issued there.  I'm surprised given you're going to be there into the winter that they aren't specifying gloves, toque etc etc as well though.

Island... I was a remuster too....

I made the mistake of packing according to the list and WOW was that a mistake.

As far as I remember for locker layout and whatnot, you will need:

2 DEU long sleeve
2 DEU short sleeve
3 pair DEU pants (2 or 3... I cannot remember)
All you number 1 uniform with both medals and ribbons
If you are army, a spare beret in your elemental colour with the thunderbird sewn on it
Gabordene
CF issued rain coat
2 pair or long sleeve MP shirts, no MP flashes
2 pair of short sleeve MP shirt, same
2 pair MP pants
Winter jacket of your element
2 pair CADPAT entire uniform
2 pair of BLACK running shorts
Red tee shirt
couple elemental tee-shirts
Black uniform golves
Black touque
Black running pants
Black thin running jacket
Toiletries.....
2 pair shoes for running (one clean for indoor, one for outdoor)
Photo of family in a frame...

Shit load of polish and cloth
2 pair of CF combat boots

Your shiney boots...

All the civy clothes you need for 6 months

Good attitude

I think I may have missed a thing or 2, but I left there just over 2 years ago.

IslandTrooper said:
Any suggestions on items to bring to QL3? Joining instructions with kit list doesn't provide much information.

Cheers,

No advice, just wanted to say GOOD LUCK!! Hope you have a great time!

IslandTrooper said:

Cheers

There's no field portion so most of the 'military' kit is not required. Like Garb said you'll spend a lot of time in OPDs which are issued to you and include a black toque and coat for cold weather. That being said, bring warm CADPAT gear nontheless (including long johns, I recommend) as you will be in CADPAT some of the time. Borden gets pretty cold and VERY windy at times.

Warm PT gear is a good idea as well. Prepare to run outdoors a lot until the ice makes it unsafe to do so.

As for the references, as was stated don't spend any money on them. They're all issued to you and everything is online. That being said, if you are able to prior to course, get stuck into the QR&Os, Criminal Code, DAODs, Highway Traffic Act (Ontario), DCAARs, GPTRs and NDA. You don't have to memorize anything, but you should get a good idea of where things are located and the logic behind how to look up any offence in their respective documents. That alone will give you a big leg up on a large portion of the course.

JoshKeegan -- I'm waiting as well. Haven't heard anything yet. I would imagine waiting until the new fiscal year to hear something.

I'm in the same boat. Only contact I had was to do a fitness test to update my MPRR.

Canada1! said:
Habs -- Have you completed the MPAC? Also, when did you put in your CT?

CT was submitted back in August. No MPAC yet, nothing but an updated BFT. Hoping for some progress soon but am expecting a very long wait.

I submitted my CT in 2012. Interview in April 2013. MPAC completed last Nov. What are transferring from?

Canada1! said:
I submitted my CT in 2012. Interview in April 2013. MPAC completed last Nov. What are transferring from?

Armour

In the police world his avatar would be what we call a "clue".

NinerSix said:
In the police world his avatar would be what we call a "clue".

Misdirection. His name implies he has some sort of affiliation with the Canadiens, a player perhaps.

Habs,

I put in my CT in March of 2009.  My MPAC wasn't until November of 2009 and then I didn't get told I was selected until July of 2010.  CT is a very long process to go through for MP.  Don't be surprised to hear absolutely nothing until the week or so before MPAC and then not hear anything about your MPAC till months after.  The trade is in the Red right now so it's scrambling for bodies.  I know they just ran an MPAC in Borden.

putz said:
Habs,

I put in my CT in March of 2009.  My MPAC wasn't until November of 2009 and then I didn't get told I was selected until July of 2010.  CT is a very long process to go through for MP.  Don't be surprised to hear absolutely nothing until the week or so before MPAC and then not hear anything about your MPAC till months after.  The trade is in the Red right now so it's scrambling for bodies.  I know they just ran an MPAC in Borden.

And know that you will hear based upon your ranking from the MPAC.  If someone passes with flying colours they will be the first one called.  If they barely squeek through it could be some time before they get that far down the list to call them, with new people being added higher up the list as further MPAC's happen.

Back