• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Military Police [MP] Superthread

Meanwhile, I went on a vacation and returned. I spoke to my recruiting centre and they give me no information except wait. Its hard to do when you have other job offers relating to your education but this is something you really want to do. Oh well... It seems like all you other fellas been through more wait time. So, ill keep my hopes up.

I waited 5 months prior to attending an MPAC and I didn't have to go through all the other recruiting steps as I was already in... Keep that in mind.

Since CTs and OTs are picked from the same pool.... anyone receive an OT or CT offer yet into the trade?

:camo:

I'm looking at getting into the Canadian Military police after college, I am just curious how hard it is to get into it once recruited?

Whats the training like?

Does any previous drug use disqualify you indefinitely from chances of being hired?

Is age a factor when they choose recruitment for Military Police?

The trade is hiring but I can't speak as to the speed of the process.  Acceptance is based on qualification for the trade and your degree of success at the Military Police Assessment Centre (MPAC) process which is an additional recruiting step in the MP selection process.

The training is multi phase in thatyou will do the standard CF recruit training before heading to Borden for the trades training during which you cover all faucets needed to be an MP (civilian legal system and laws, military legal system and laws, report writing, court processes, weapons training, use of force...).  Watch the videos on the CF recruiting website to learn more.

Previous drug use may impact but it depends what was taken and when.  The CF recruiting system has a drug policy and the MP process has a slightly stricter policy.

Age is no more a factor for the Branch recruiting then it is for CF recruiting.  If you meet the CF hiring standards you'll be fine.  I've seen new MPs in their 40s when they were hired.

Search and read more.  Post less.  Posting another thread asking about drug use prior to enrollment will be deleted start you up the warning system.

Locked.

Far as I know there are lots of offers going out right now.  2 guys from my unit got picked up and I just got word that I can expect my offer in a couple of weeks.

Sorry to get this thread going again after a few months but, has anyone ever heard of currently serving police officers lateraling into the MP trade?

KJ

If you mean someone being taken badge for badge, no. I'm not aware of any member who got in bypassing the MP QL3 or going through a shortened version.

At least one member of this board contacted me because he is in the process of joining the MPs while already a member of another police force.

Hey thanks for the reply.
I've been in the Mounties for 5 years and I've also been in the infantry reserves for about 12 years also so there's always the ability to apply for a CT/OT.  I was just curious if there were other entry plans.
I'm only 28 but lately have been getting the bug to try something new.
Also having said all that, if anyone has any questions about the RCMP feel free to contact me.

Ninersix, I was on 1-07 also, with 2RCR. Small world.

KJ

AndrewD83 said:
MP‘s deal with domestics and drunk driving?

I am assuming that is civilian domestics and DD.

I thought MP‘s deal with military crimes...??
  :confused:

MPs enforce Military & Civilian law on DND establishments.  Most CF Bases are just like small towns including housing, social establishments open to both military members, their families, civilian employees and guests.They need to do it all.  When we had permanent bases overseas, our powers extended off base also in matters that involved military members and anyone stationed there accompanying them or supporting them ie. Wives, children, school teachers.  A lot has changed since I retired both in training and especially in equipment.

Hey guys

First off, I apologize ahead of time if I am asking a repetitive question on the forum. Don't get mad, if the answer to my question is already posted , I will gladly go ahead and try to find it but I have not been able to do so , that is why I am posting here.

I was told my file is being forwarded to Ottawa , I passed my medical, Interview and just touching up on the final steps of the application. I have been visiting the Hamilton Recruitment center and today they mentioned something along the lines of 4 day assessment at Borden Ontario that will determine my suitability as a MP.

Can someone elaborate for me on it as to what it means and what the process is ?

Thank you in advance .

Military Police Assessment Centre (MPAC) is a 3 day assessment of your competencies and integrity - much like if you were to join a civilian Police service.

There will be multiple interviews conducted. If you pass you're suitable for employment in the MP trade. If you are not found suitable you will be required to select another trade.

Negative.

You're either a good person and the right person for the job, or you're not.

I can't discuss anything further about it as there is a Non-disclosure Agreement with all those that attend.

This may be of some interest:

http://library2.smu.ca/bitstream/handle/01/22409/hodgson_kathryn_e_masters_2006.PDF?sequence=1&isAllowed=y

Azlan.s@hotmail.com said:
I have been visiting the Hamilton Recruitment center and today they mentioned something along the lines of 4 day assessment at Borden Ontario that will determine my suitability as a MP.

Can someone elaborate for me on it as to what it means and what the process is ?

MPAC
https://www.google.ca/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=UAxnVfr8LKSC8QewgoD4Aw&gws_rd=ssl#q=site:army.ca+MPAC

Back