• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Manly Thread

Sapplicant said:
I had to sleep on the couch last night  :brickwall:

Then you didn't do 'the manly thing' and suck up; that'll learn 'ya!!  ;D

Spent the day burning metal with a torch, beating it with a 5lb sledge, grinding it with a 10" angle grinder, and sticking it all back together with 1/16" flux cored wire, all run off the back of a 400 amp diesel driven welder. Days like today, I love my job! Excavator repair definitely belongs in the manly thread.

This past weekend I cooked meat with Fire,  Consumed an Entire Bottle of Spiced Rum, and Continued to grow a beard so Manly it would make Chuck Norris and the Dos Equis Guy Jealous....

And no hangover for me...... I was so disgusted by the mere concept of it, that I slapped it clean out of my system with a 2x4.....

Ugh Grunt.... Ugh....

Still cant believe I pounded back a 26'er in 3 hours........  I haven't done something like that since Decomp in Cyprus....  ;D

Hummmm.... I am very tempted to create The Womanly Thread and invite all men to come tell us about the womanly things they did today ;)

Today... I took the garbage out.

Alea

Alea said:
Hummmm.... I am very tempted to create The Womanly Thread and invite all men to come tell us about the womanly things they did today ;)

I could see that one ending up as a memorable read as well....

- Today I drank Beer, and ate more meat cooked on fire...  *Grunt*

Tommy said:
I could see that one ending up as a memorable read as well....

Dare me!  >:D
This would probably be the most manly thing I would have to do... today ;)

Alea

Edited to say: Ok, Ok... Done! 
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/95729.0.html

Enjoy!

Alea said:
Dare me!  >:D
This would probably be the most manly thing I would have to do... today ;)

Alea

Edited to say: Ok, Ok... Done! 
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/95729.0.html

Enjoy!

Apparently the Manliest thing I've done today is Challenged a Woman...

And Survived!

WOOOOO!

There was a report of a cougar in the neighbourhoood so, of course, I went looking for it. And we don't even have a Legion nearby....

daftandbarmy said:
There was a report of a cougar in the neighbourhoood so, of course, I went looking for it. And we don't even have a Legion nearby....

:rofl:

Alea said:

Today... I took the garbage out.

Alea

I was tempted to raise that idea, especially after hearing about the dude who coloured his woman's hair!! :) hahaha!

When I finally hung up my green suit on 1 November 1994, I took on the grocery shopping tasks as well as prearing all the evening meals. It freed up my frau from something that had occupied a lot of her time over the years. We both have enjoyed time doing our own stuff and still have lots of time together.

Real men don't have to pretend they're macho.

Tuned the Holley on the punched out 454 I built myself.

Then I drove my daughter to her appointment.

I lathered up shaving cream using a badger-hair brush, applied it to my face, and then cut the stubble off my facing using stainless steel.

Old Sweat said:
When I finally hung up my green suit on 1 November 1994, I took on the grocery shopping tasks as well as prearing all the evening meals. It freed up my frau from something that had occupied a lot of her time over the years. We both have enjoyed time doing our own stuff and still have lots of time together.

Real men don't have to pretend they're macho.

they don't carry 'man bags' either  ;D

Today's manly item was going to the kickboxing place and asking for one-on-one instruction for a couple of sessions before I leave for basic, to increase my confidence.

He asked, "So, you just want to throw a few punches around then, a few moves and kicks at a bag or something?"

"Or people."

Is that manly?

Removed the windshield from my motorcycle, went for a 2 hour ride with a half helmet.  Much-o bug-os in the face-o, as they say in Spain.  Also semi deaf now.  The ribs that have been on the smoker for 7 hours are almost ready,  and Mr Kokanee Gold is calling my name.

Back