• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The latest twist!

Hey if there is anything to learn from my experiences .. don't listen to them when they say "I'll call you" cause they tend to forget .. for a few weeks.. You should call every week to check up on things just in case you know?

Yep, I'm with you on that one! I've been calling, dropping in at the recruiting centre....the LS at the front desk knows me by name  ;D I'm not trying to be a pest but I do have a life outside of this and I have to plan. I really think it's too late for me to go this year. It's only 2 weeks away and I haven't got my files back from Borden. The recruiter at the unit told me all is not lost though, I can still work in the unit while I wait for the next bmq once my file returns from Borden (assuming it's approved!)

I think they are dismally understaffed in the medical department at Borden! Think I'll write my member of parliament and ask if anyone in the House of Commons cares to actually do some work instead of fighting with each other, perhaps they could see their way to getting some help to Borden to clear up the back log.

Man do i symphisize with you guys I too got a serious run around over here in the west.  With out stealing your thread Steve I believe I too would have gotten left out.  Lets just say i found a good guy at my local recruiting office (where I'll be stationed) that told me he would get stuff rolling for me and take care of the crap that i kept hearing.  I guess i just got lucky and found the right guy that actually cared.  he told me he wanted me there and well I'm closer than ever, to my BMQ.

Don't give up they have hundreds of people to deal with.  Make you wonder though about the people that just sit back and do nothing, do they ever get into the army?

Update:

Called CFRC/WPG yesterday, a friend of my fathers kindly transferred me to the chief clerk there. He told me everything I already knew that Kincanucks told me, and that he could not do anything until Borden makes the offer. The file is there and basically waiting for it. Actually at first he didn't say anything to me, but I told him I found out backdoor about the preliminary results from the board in which case he said "how did you know??" and I said "someone told me" he didn't press the matter further seeing as how I wasn't going to divulge anything more  but resignately told me that yes, my source of info was true (as expected, thanks again Kincanucks).

We discussed my issues briefly and both agreed that if history with Borden is any teacher, that I will probably get my offer mid to late July and be on my way in Sept. He said a sooner than expected offer could be made which would land me in PAT platoon in Borden for a bit, but this scenario isn't too likely.

In short, nothing more than I already knew, but at least now I got someone else ballparking Mid-July for offer and now at least the chief clerk there knows me and will probably remember me as the guy that already knew his results - with that in mind he told me he would personally call me to deliver any news of an offer. So, not a total waste of time.

It's hard to stay keen when it takes so long but I guess that's just a test of our character! Hang in there Steve!

Good to hear Steve.  I still have to do my BMQ, so I do not believe we will be on the same TQ3.  But then you never know.......they could call and tell me I'm leaving in a week!  But doing the math I would have to start my BMQ by 05 July, to make it in time for the 20 Sept course.  Oh well.  :-\
Good luck to you.  Hope you hear sooner so you can get out of Shilo before the mosquitoes get too bad!! ha ha. 

Cheers, :)
RS

I GOT THE CALL

A PO called me.. Told me the stuff I already knew, but added I have a 330 day time towards next pay incentive and towards my Corporals - can't complain!

I head out to Borden Aug 11 for my SQ, and I'll be in PAT platoon once that's over before my QL3 on 20 Sept.

Finally! All this BS finally pays off. I actually got the call from my sister while I was weight lifting in the gym, and I called the PO at CFRC/WPG from the office. My father is pretty happy - haven't gotten a hold of my mother yet (she is in St. Jean on her french course).

Now I'm waiting for the clerk to call in the next 2-3 days to let me know about swearing in, registration/administration etc all that stuff.

I have one month left! It came much faster than I thought .. I have to start thinking about what I'm going to do, get my drill up to par and start getting into the right mindset for SQ.

Whew

ACCIDENTS CAN HAPPEN.

haha just messin. I'm just sitting here thinking wtf I should do in regards to moving. I got a lot to think about (what to take, updating firearms license - do I even need to do that?) banking this and that.. im just trying to get a remote grip on what I should do.

Updating your FAC for the forces? You don't need it for use in the military. As far as I know the FAC is national (just off the top of my head, I really don't know) As for what to take: Well now that you're going to be making the big bucks, I suggest an Ipod! 8)

Well I thought I read somewhere about updating the FAC depending on where you live and such. Is that true or did I misread something? I tried the website but it just confused the hell out of me.

Ipod huh? Have to look into that :)

One last twist..

Had to go Army .. haha! No openings in Navy or Air

Staying overnight in a hotel in Wpg on the 4th (probably that damned western one..) then fly out Aug 5th.. start SQ shortly after!

Looking forward to it ... I always wanted to use that machine gun..

Hey Steve

Congrats and the best of luck in your new CF career!

Slim

hey Rhyno funny you mention the shilo part, I was just thinking the exact same thing...that would be kind of ironic

Thanks Slim!

In a way I'm saddened I couldn't experience Navy but I'm happy with army as well.

And Rhyno, me and my neighbor discussed what would happen if I were posted back here. You'd find me hanging in my barracks room with a paper taped to my chest saying "I begged you not to send me back"

Everyone I talked to is all worried about me going to SQ, but see I got it all figured out: Shut up, do what I'm told and never quit. Personally I like the field, not sure why everyone seems to hate it so much.

I'll try to take my digital cam and take some pics of my many whacky adventures for everyone

Back