• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The latest twist!

Gouki

Inactive
Reaction score
Tonight, Kincanucks has delivered me news that has picked my spirits up immaculately..

In short .. he told me I appeared on the selection for RMS CLK from the 09 May board..  On top of that .. I had gotten by RSBP - recruit school bypass!

All I have left now is to wait official word from my CFRC and be made an offer.

For anyone who has read my thread which is now a few pages back, this has been a very bumpy road for me. In fact, I was sitting in my chair in my office at work, mindlessly cruising the army.ca forums when I saw the new message, and saw him confirming my name and CFRC.. I did not want to get up my hopes but told him he had the info right, and then he just dropped Thor's hammer on me.

I can't really begin to describe how I feel right now .. I'm not the type to flip out for joy but it is like a fresh breath of air just enveloped me and when I do get my word, I think I will jump and laugh maniacally like a mad scientist - but I came very close to doing that tonight after a few PM's back and forth uncovered more and more to me.

Everyone .. I have been one of the biggest critics of this process and I never will like how it proceeded. However .. it really is worth the wait. I never expected to get this sort of news tonight and now I am just waiting official word from my CFRC.

The wait sucked, but how I feel right now almost cancels it all out. I feel like once again I'm at the forefront of getting my life in order and joining the military.

A big thanks to Kincanucks for taking the time to check this out for me, if it weren't for his efforts I would still be in my depressed rut feeling worse and less optimistic about my future in the CF, which has now taken a giant leap skyward.

Congrats Steve! I have talked with u on a few occasions about our recruiting processes. I know you've been frustrated and tired of it all, but it has finally paid off. I am happy for you, and I look forward to mine working out soon too. Good luck with it all!

Kelita

Hey Steve,

Congrats!  I was also selected for RMS on 9 May!  No RSBP for me though...... Lucky You!
Kincannucks is the BEST!  He really made my day too! 
Maybe we will be on QL3 together.  :)  Wonder when it will be?  I know there is a course starting in Sept.  But not too sure when the next one is.
Hey since your Dad is a WO maybe he could find out.  Always nice to have the inside track!  Maybe then I could try to figure out when my basic will be!  I know I will be jumping to the phone ever time it rings! 
If you find anything out, let me know ok.

Thanks and
Cheers,
RS

Thanks everyone  ;D

RS: I was checking the CFSAL (I think thats right) website and oddly enough there aren't any rms QL3's for Jul-Aug, but there is one in September, I forget the exact date .. mabye the 20th? I had the paper printed out but it's not with me right now.

I'll even take PAT platoon if it means escaping from Shilo before then..

Congrats Steve. I am so excited for you, I have been following your story for a while now.

I don't want to sound like a stocker, but you always look so sad at the GSH, so hopefully now that you know there is an end in sight you will look a little more "up".

Haha.. Yeah, I'm not the most chipper when I'm there - although I've been told that my normal face always looks like I'm pissed about something or other, especially when I'm in the GSH working out.

It's funny, you seem to see me but I don't know who you are! Have I forgotten your identity or something??

BTW, expect to really see me up when I get the official confirmation and when I put in my notice that I am leaving the GSH. Then you'll see just how retarded I can be.

Steve said:
Haha.. Yeah, I'm not the most chipper when I'm there - although I've been told that my normal face always looks like I'm pissed about something or other, especially when I'm in the GSH working out.

It's funny, you seem to see me but I don't know who you are! Have I forgotten your identity or something??

BTW, expect to really see me up when I get the official confirmation and when I put in my notice that I am leaving the GSH. Then you'll see just how retarded I can be.

Well you seemed much happier today. I don't think I have ever introduced myself, I just figured out who you were because sh**hole Shilo is pretty small. Next time you are at work I will introduce myself.

And I have seen you workout too, and yes you looked pissed off at somebody.

Congrats Steve! The long wait must make it so much sweeter.

I agree - without Kincanucks, army.ca would not be the same. I hope the people at the top know about how he keeps those who are interested properly informed and others that may have otherwise given up on the CF motivated (a lot of it on his spare time too I am sure.)  :salute:

BTW, Is Shilo that bad? I almost had BMQ for R215 there so I am curious...

Take it from someone who lives here, and 9R will probably support this but ..... never come to Shilo. Just never come here. If you approach it, this is the standard procedure:

1. Scream and shake your head wildly
2. Turn your car/bike/yourself around 180 degrees
3. Head in the opposite direction
4. Thank God/Allah/Buddha/Shiva that you realized where you were and left

Staying here for short times isn't so bad, but this town is like a las vegas wife, overtime it gains a greater and greater hold of you until one day you wake up souless and a mere shadow of the man you were before

Steve said:
I can't really begin to describe how I feel right now .. I'm not the type to flip out for joy but it is like a fresh breath of air just enveloped me and when I do get my word, I think I will jump and laugh maniacally like a mad scientist - but I came very close to doing that tonight after a few PM's back and forth uncovered more and more to me.

All this over a desk job?

Who knows....maybee your new trade will get you a nice posting to ummm I don't know....Shilo????

Being posted to Shilo and having to live in Shilo as a civilian are two different stories in my opinion.

I also believe he is going Navy, therefore most likely he will end up on one of our beautiful coast, not Shilo. (at least for the first couple years)

Infanteer said:
All this over a desk job?

Your damn right "all this over a desk job" .. I don't care what you think about it nor do I care to hear anymore really.. on top of that, I don't intend to stay RMS forever.

How about "all this over getting started on your career and life and moving forward"

To top it off, I did have Infantry as a choice, but was talked out of by ... oh noes - other infanteers in the 2VP.

Shelldrake: I wouldn't be overly happy really but Domestic is right.. I wouldn't hate Shilo quite as much if I was making a living here.. though it would still suck.

9R Domestic said:
Being posted to Shilo and having to live in Shilo as a civilian are two different stories in my opinion.

I also believe he is going Navy, therefore most likely he will end up on one of our beautiful coast, not Shilo. (at least for the first couple years)

He maybe wearing a navy uniform but that will not prevent him from ending up on an army base.  Thats the fun of being in a purple trade...he could be in a navy DEU and be posted to Suffield ( about as far removed from the ocean as it gets)

Yeah, like my father for instance is RMS and he's here despite being Air..

I know I can go anywhere but it's my understanding that they try to send you to the element you picked first so you can get familiar with it, no?

Steve said:
Yeah, like my father for instance is RMS and he's here despite being Air..

I know I can go anywhere but it's my understanding that they try to send you to the element you picked first so you can get familiar with it, no?

According to http://www.recruiting.forces.gc.ca/engraph/career/tradeinfo_e.aspx?id=836

"the enviro-centric model is fully utilized by this occupation in the early stages of the career. As an example, if you are issued a Navy uniform, you can expect to serve an initial tour of 6 to 8 years (minimum) on either coast (Esquimalt, B.C. or Halifax, N.S.). "

Halifax or Esquimalt .. man I'm totally okay with one of those two postings. Though it would be nice to see the West coast after living so long on the East, Esquimalt looks like a great place (as well as BC in general)

Just another tiny reason I chose Navy ;D

Steve said:
Halifax or Esquimalt .. man I'm totally okay with one of those two postings. Though it would be nice to see the West coast after living so long on the East, Esquimalt looks like a great place (as well as BC in general)

Just another tiny reason I chose Navy ;D

Don't bet the farm just yet...my freind is finishing up his RMS QL3 right now and he is being posted to Halifax with the navy and he wears an air force uniform....... That policy don't mean shit.....we have guys  here in greenwood that aren't blue........

Back