• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The journey begins

Celtic Girl,
BMOQ (1 French serial and 3 English ones) for 5 May is the only one approved for next FY at this time. There is usually a late Aug BMOQ and also January one. This may change due to the fact that the ROTP candidates are taking their BMOQ after their first year vice before as is the custom. So try to get your paperwork in as soon as possible as the interval between courses might be long.  

CFR FCS said:
Celtic Girl,
BMOQ (1 French serial and 3 English ones) for 5 May is the only one approved for next FY at this time. There is usually a late Aug BMOQ and also January one. This may change due to the fact that the ROTP candidates are taking their BMOQ after their first year vice before as is the custom. So try to get your paperwork in as soon as possible as the interval between courses might be long.  

Thanks for that info, CFR. Sounds like you know of what you speak. I have only the 'extensive' security form that remains to be filled out and returned, but I will have that ready tomorrow. If I don't get picked up for the May course, it's mostly my own fault for taking so long to apply in the first place. On the other hand, I am glad I took the time I needed to make the right decision with regards to my future career choice. So if it must be August or even January, I'll suck it up and do some crappy job to fill in the holes until then. ;)  May would be nice, though, no doubt about it!

dude on another thread said he was told today that may is already full.

yah i hear ya, its still a long way to sept. oh well. many more than us have had to wait their turn.

Celtic Girl and bbell,
May BMOQ first English course is full but there are two others still open as of this morning so don't dispair and watch the beer if you want to get in shape for BMOQ. Yes, I do speak with a little knowledge in the world of recruiting. Check my profile.

thanks for the update. appreciate it. keep me posted if you hear anything else. cheers.

ps. the beer is on hold till i get there  :)

CFR FCS said:
Celtic Girl and bbell,
May BMOQ first English course is full but there are two others still open as of this morning so don't dispair and watch the beer if you want to get in shape for BMOQ. Yes, I do speak with a little knowledge in the world of recruiting. Check my profile.

Ah, a little ray of hope. Thank you, CFR. We're going to lay off the beers, don't worry. Aren't we, bbell? No FP for us! ;)

yes, and after last night i need to. so starting......now

Mike Baker said:
Good luck! Did you do the sample one?

Yes, I did the practice one a while ago. I was also given a 'new' one today, which upon first glance appears to have the same questions as the 'old' one, but I will do it again this evening for practice anyway. I also found some of the links on this site very useful (somewhere in this recruiting section, there is a list of websites for practice tests).

Fingers crossed that I get a good score...I'm going to need it to get AEC. I'm trying not to fret too much about it, though. I'm either a suitable candidate for the trade or I'm not and hours of cramming won't make a difference one way or the other.

Celticgirl said:
Yes, I did the practice one a while ago. I was also given a 'new' one today, which upon first glance appears to have the same questions as the 'old' one, but I will do it again this evening for practice anyway. I also found some of the links on this site very useful (somewhere in this recruiting section, there is a list of websites for practice tests).

Fingers crossed that I get a good score...I'm going to need it to get AEC. I'm trying not to fret too much about it, though. I'm either a suitable candidate for the trade or I'm not and hours of cramming won't make a difference one way or the other.
Yeah I thought the same about many of the questions, but they say it is only a bit harder on the real one. Best of luck to you though!

Celticgirl said:
I'm either a suitable candidate for the trade or I'm not and hours of cramming won't make a difference one way or the other.

Finaly, someone understands. Thank you, you made my day.

Part of the CFAT is basically the whole stress ahead of time, and the time limit during it. If you just push that to the back of your mind and focus, you will be just fine. If I can qualify for AEC (And I did) then I think it's possible for anyone who puts their mind to it. Best of luck to you Cleticgirl!

I wrote the CFAT this morning and it went well. I was expecting a paper test, but it was all done on the computer. Anyway, the officer who met with me afterwards told me I scored very high on the test and qualified for all of my trades. Yahoo! :)  He recommended I go for Aerospace Controller because my other two choices, Logistics and TDO, require a specific degree. I am more than happy with that because AEC was my first choice - that is the trade that I really want. So I am floating on air now!

Tomorrow morning, I have the medical and interview. The officer recommended I study up on my trade tonight as I will be expected to know "the ins and outs" of it for my interview.

So now I am off for a run, then to pick up my daughter, and then I'll be reading and studying as much as I can about AEC the rest of today and tonight. If anyone wants to give me any info or weblinks to help with my studying, please PM me! Thanks. :)

Back