• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The CT process

Dragon15

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,
I am currently serving as a reservist in the combat arms and have done so for six years. In my civi life I work as a dental hygienist and dental assistant. I am extremely interested in changing my trade to a dental tech which would offer more job security and financial stability as there are not a lot of permanent positions in the civi world. I filed for a CT over a year ago, and everything was good to go for an interview, but I then found out I could not go for an interview because I already had my schooling for dental.. Then I wondered wouldn't that make the process easier? I am a fully trained combat arms reservist with Dvr. Wheel, comms and dp1 course, with schooling in both dental hygiene and assisting. I was just wondering if anyone has any tips to make the process for enrolling easier and quicker.

I don't see why you being trained is an issue.  Right from the "Entry Plans" for Dental Assistant on the Forces website:

"Direct Entry

If you already have a Level II Dental Assisting Diploma from an accredited college or a National Dental Assisting Examining Board Certificate, the Canadian Forces may place you directly into the any required on-the-job training program following basic training. Basic training and military occupation training is required before being assigned."

Perhaps the problem is doing an CT and an OT?  I don't know.  :dunno:

Thank you for your input, I was informed on the direct entry option but I was also informed that there were limited positions and could take years to happen.

Back