• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Chuck Cadman Merged Thread

ya, what am i thinking.. that isnt going to happen...  ;D

sgf said:
The tories have formed the current government for several years now, I would think its time to move away from blaming everything on the liberals and put their big political party pants on and stand on their own record and actions.

That's very true; it is time to stop blaming the Liberals and shore up the Tory record by adding some more accomplishments and "promises kept" to it.

It will, however, be fair game, during the campaign to remind Canadians that, since about 1967, inept policies, economic mismanagement* lies, scandals and corruption have been the primary attributes of the Liberal Party of Canada.

----------
* What Chrétien/Martin did for seven years (’93 to 2000) was to screw Alberta, BC and Ontario in an attempt to clean up the Trudeau/Chrétien mess from the ‘70s and early ‘80s.

sgf said:

Nope, not for the Liberals anyway -- we waited decades for them to get their shit together ... and are still waiting.  ::)

sgf said:

the liberals would camaign on what exactly ?

HRDC management record ?

ADSCAM ?

Allowin the CF to continue flying the CH-124 despite all the money spent ?

Their more recent record of agressively abstaning from votes which may cause an ellection ?

Their current policy of flip-floping their position on Afghanistan / budget in order to avoid an ellection ?

Well they could take a leaf out of Harpers Election Book and campaign on all the broken promises Harper made and promise to clean up government. As much fun as this is, we seem to be getting off topic

sgf said:
Well they could take a leaf out of Harpers Election Book and campaign on all the broken promises Harper made and promise to clean up government. As much fun as this is, we seem to be getting off topic

Really?? Seems it's a favourite topic of yours --- slamming Harper (newsflash: and, after a mere ONE election victory by him, he has cleaned it up compared to the Liberals!!) while ignoring DECADES of same crap and more dirtying up of things from the Liberals.  ::)

sgf said:
The tories have formed the current government for several years now, I would think its time to move away from blaming everything on the liberals and put their big political party pants on and stand on their own record and actions.
And running a minority government, one of the slimmest on record, as well?

sgf said:
Well they could take a leaf out of Harpers Election Book and campaign on all the broken promises Harper made and promise to clean up government.
Why don't they? Or are they too busy abstaining/walking out?

Well I do admit that i do slam Harper quite a bit, however there seems to be a lot of slamming of other political parties going on as well, so I must be in good company. (Actually government doesnt seem  to me, to be that cleaned up especially after the last week and the latest news stories). I guess we shall continue to agree to disagree and each vote as we see fit.. thank goddness  for that

JBG said:
Why don't they? Or are they too busy abstaining/walking out?

This has been mentioned before, but Harper also abstained from voting on a Liberal budget.

sgf said:
Well I do admit that i do slam Harper quite a bit, however there seems to be a lot of slamming of other political parties going on as well, so I must be in good company. (Actually government doesnt seem  to me, to be that cleaned up especially after the last week and the latest news stories). I guess we shall continue to agree to disagree and each vote as we see fit.. thank goddness  for that
And what's not "cleaned up"? Another ancient, unlikely scandal, "Cadgate"? (sure, life insurance policies to Stage 5 cancer patients are written every day). Or the Obama campaign being outed for their remarks to the Canadian consulate (since when is a political campaign entitled to confidentiality on letting Canada know that Obama was lying on his NAFTA posture)?

sgf said:

Really, read my posting history and you'll see me slamming some of the Tory policies (especially some of the election promises made during Harper's campaign [troops in every city etc]); so, it seems to me that the "good company you keep" tends to diverge when it comes to blindfolds and party loyalty, I don't vote based on party loyalty which you have already stated you do -- either party may get my vote ... and I certainly don't brush over Liberal shenanigans with rose-coloured glasses upon my nez.

• sgf said:
    This has been mentioned before, but Harper also abstained from voting on a Liberal budget.
    As I answered before there were good reasons:
  • Liberal minority government was less than eight months old; and
  • CPC was having its maiden policy convention, having just picked a leader.
The current minority government is not the third or fourth longest on record, despite having a very slim mandate. If the LPC took the government down its not as if two years 2 months is too soon for an election; Chretien did them almost that often in the context of healthy majorities.

There are always excuses   good reasons for everything!!

JBG said:
Chretien did them almost that often in the context of healthy majorities.

But see, that is the crux of the matter ... this is sgf you're responding to -- and Chretien is a Liberal (so it's excuseable); and currently, the Liberals are avoiding bringing down the government (abstaining from votes) precisely because they wouldn't have a hope in HELL of winning an election; they are, quite simply, protecting their butts (in the context of avoiding a healthy majority FOR the Tories <-- this tidbit therefore constitutes a "good reason for everything/excusable Liberal action" for sgf).

ArmyVern said:
Really, read my posting history and you'll see me slamming some of the Tory policies (especially some of the election promises made during Harper's campaign [troops in every city etc]); so, it seems to me that the "good company you keep" tends to diverge when it comes to blindfolds and party loyalty, I don't vote based on party loyalty which you have already stated you do -- either party may get my vote ... and I certainly don't brush over Liberal shenanigans with rose-coloured glasses upon my nez.

I honestly cant imagine reading anyone's posting history, I dont expect anyone to read mine. Let me say that I have often said that I disagree with many things the Liberals have done in the past, and right now they are the party for me.  I have voted for the Tories many times in the past and who knows may do again some day, after they get a different leader.

sgf said:
would you vote for Frank McKenna?

Am I a girl from the Miramichi (ooops--- sorry, you'd have to review my posting history to find that out)??  ;)

Has he sworn off the old-style 'big-govermnent' corporate welfare policies that have been tainted by the 'culture of handouts' so necessary to succeed in down-home politics?

Back