• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The brown Temperate Combat Boot (AKA: Mk IV Cbt Boot) - No longer CADPAT

Just because you have seen them in CADPAT doesn't mean that the mass quantity will be reproduced in them.  What you probabley saw was a trial pair. I personally talked with a CTS officer who had them on and he said they were just a trial pair and that they weren't being reproduced in CADPAT.

Just imagine the iddy biddy polishing brushes and the number of different colours of boot polish cans you would have to have to polish a pair of CADPAT Boots.......  ;D

jjronnie said:
Just curious to know what makes the Vibram's so much better than the Grebb's? I have the MK III's as well as expensive work boots with the Vibram lug sole, they are both hard as a rock. Or is that you guys like the Vibrams with no visible heel, the ones that are completely flat soled?

It's not so much the sole that's in contact with the ground, but that a properly resoled Mk III will have a midsole of polyurethane foam sandwiched between the outsole and boot.  It's this midsole that does most of the shock absorbtion and with a decent set of insoles, will provide alot of the comfort to your foot when walking or standing.

On the subject of the new combat boots, I'm suprised at how long it's taking for CTS to get the CFs the new boots.  As it was mentioned by Redeye, the new boots should have been a higher priority for CTS.

As for the boots themselves being Cadpat, I can't understand why they didn't go with more of a universal type approach as we did in the Marines with our Jungle/Desert non-Goretex boot.  That way you ease your logistics burden by only having one type of boot that's suitable for desert/arid operations somewhere like Afghanistan or Darfur, while at the same time can be used in Canada or other more temperate locations.

A shade of brown or light olive that's compatible to both temperate and arid cadpat would have been perfect.  An 'oiled' type nubuck leather finish would be great in that it's lower maintenance than a conventional black 'polishable' boot, yet has greater durability than a rough-out leather boot such as the desert boot.  A big problem with desert boots and our Marine Corps combat boots is that because they're never cleaned or have any moisturizers such as polish or mink oil/dubbin, etc. they tend to dry rot and crack significantly and as such have a much shorter life than a boot you polish or moisturize regularly.

Attached is a picture of the Thorogood Peackeeper in a nubuck/oiled Olive drab leather.

CFL said:
I can't believed your surprised by anything the CF does or doesn't do.

Exactly - even the Infantry won't have the new ruck till 2010 now - but hey we got CADPAT Fleece  ::)

Why did we not replace the crap first - I did not really need Gortex in CADPAT - my OD stuff worked fine.

Now what did we really need?
Boots?

RainCoat?

Ruck and LBV that works?

Naw - CADPAT BiviBags - CADPAT sleeping bags you know important things  ::)etc....

2010??!!!  I thought it was going to be 2006/07.  Why so much longer now?

no idea - but my info is current as of today...  :mad:

The new ruck has been issued to pers on deployment out of Pet. Think the rest of us could be waiting awhile though. :mad:

Canadian Sig said:
The new ruck has been issued to pers on deployment out of Pet. Think the rest of us could be waiting awhile though. :mad:

Your sure it was not the Patrol pack ? 

Your sure it was not the Patrol pack ?

;D ;D ;D

(ahem)

Do you have to be so mean spirited and condescending about it? Why don't you post a picture too, since the poor CSS sap obviously doesn't know what a rucksack is?

Its my understanding that some members are field testing the new ruck in A Stan as we speak.

Really - well learn something new everyday.

(note to self kit source is ass  ;) )

Don't worry Britney; Kevin and I have already had a previous discussion about being condescending to us sigs. And for the record we ruck march at a minimum twice a week in my unit and with real rucks and everything!( end sarcasm). Not to worry I accept the apology that I am sure was forthcoming.  :salute:

Dude it was a question not a flame  ;)

I'm still waiting for you to come out for the trench digging lecture  ;D

I would love to, but only if you let me play with all those awsome toys you get your hands on.  :dontpanic:

Recce Platoon and some of the PRT from Pet is doing a user trial right now.  I filled out the TI cards for over 40 of them before their deployment.  I am talking about the Rucks, not Patrol Packs.

Kev the info I saw on it was bulk issue 2006-2007.  Of course the CTS officer I was talking with kinda laughed at the eta (ie. good luck). 

those rucks are bloody huge. seen one of those not too long ago. fit both your summer and winter scale in there. jebus they're big things.
Greg

Yeoman said:
those rucks are bloody huge. seen one of those not too long ago. fit both your summer and winter scale in there. jebus they're big things.
Greg

Then add on the pockets, the capacity should be over 100 litres.

Back