• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The brown Temperate Combat Boot (AKA: Mk IV Cbt Boot) - No longer CADPAT

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/Chief_Land_Staff/Clothe_the_soldier/hab/2/261_e.asp

Ok, thanks.

Next question is, how are they compared to the Mk 3s?  Better, worse or about the same.

Hard to say, until they're issued out and have some extensive use from the end user in the Cbt Arms. Remember how we all thought the TacVest was the greatest thing since sliced bread? Until it actually got used on Ops?

Huh? Whats wrong with the tacvest? The soldiers around me say that, although there are a few flaws, its much better than webbing...

Forgotten_Hero said:
Huh? Whats wrong with the tacvest? The soldiers around me say that, although there are a few flaws, its much better than webbing...

Do a search. There's a VERY long thread on it. Just saying we won't know if there are problems, with the boots, till they get used on a daily basis by a large cross section of troops, specifically those in the Cbt Arms.

Dam the polish for those babies are gonna be sweet.  ^-^

Ok, so if I understand this correctly, instead of just black boot polish, we're going to have to carry around a tin of CADPAT polish with all the colours to "polish by numbers"?    8)

G-Man said:
Ok, thanks.

Next question is, how are they compared to the Mk 3s?   Better, worse or about the same.

I'd be stunned if anything could be worse than Mk. III boots.  I don't think they would take so long to field in that case.

It'd be nice if they had rolled out the new boots first, since the Mk. III was obsolete so long ago.  I'm not sure how CTS's priorities work, but it seems that would have been more logical.

The new  boot will look like the wet weather boot minus the insulation as far as I understand.  That includes all 72 size variations.  As far as CADPAT I think they are doing away with that but may keep the green sole.

Does everyone here hate the MK III's? I actually don't mind them, as long as you get a quality foot liner. They can't be beat in terms of durability.

CFL said:
The new   boot will look like the wet weather boot minus the insulation as far as I understand.   That includes all 72 size variations.   As far as CADPAT I think they are doing away with that but may keep the green sole.

Just before i remustered, a Maj from ottawa was at CFSME with examples of the new kit and the new cobat boots were there.  They were in fact solid green with a gree sole.  He went on to explain that making them CADPAT had proved to be to much maintenance ( something to that effect) and that solid green had been deemed a workable compromise.

TCB will be CADPAT.  I just stood at the display table for 12 hours next to them.  Trust me, they are CADPAT complete, the sole is green though.

I agree with CFL.  The Mk III is an excellent boot, with the exception of the sole.  I swear by the flat foot vibram sole with the extra wedge cushion.  If only I could get the army to subsidize it.

The only people who get them paid for(in my unit at least) are those with medical chits.  Now it's more common for those with foot problems to be issued Fort Lewis Danners.  I still don't mind paying the $60 for a comfy pair of boots.

+1 for MK 111's with the vibram. Add in a SOLE insole and some ingenious socks and your feet will be loving you.

The only thing I dislike with the MK111's is how hot they get in then sun. Nothing like feeling your feet cook standing on the boilng hot WATC parade square!

Well you still shouldn't have to pay out of pocket. It was worth the wait to see the doc and get 2 sets of superfeet insoles and vibram soles put on. They should come issued like that anyways, save a lot of money on physio down the road...

PhilB - I also am a huge fan of the Ingenious socks, excellent kit...

Just curious to know what makes the Vibram's so much better than the Grebb's? I have the MK III's as well as expensive work boots with the Vibram lug sole, they are both hard as a rock. Or is that you guys like the Vibrams with no visible heel, the ones that are completely flat soled?

jjronnie said:
Just curious to know what makes the Vibram's so much better than the Grebb's? I have the MK III's as well as expensive work boots with the Vibram lug sole, they are both hard as a rock. Or is that you guys like the Vibrams with no visible heel, the ones that are completely flat soled?

Vibrams are not the boots but the soles.   You can have Vibram soles put onto your Mk III's.  If you have seen the MO for foot or back problems, you can get a chit for two pair of new boots through the QM, to be fitted with Vibram soles at Government expense.

Back