• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The brown Temperate Combat Boot (AKA: Mk IV Cbt Boot) - No longer CADPAT

Confirmed Sig they do have an internal Valise and a compression sac for the sleeping bag... 1RCR Recce on Roto 3 is "trialling" them right now, yup they are huge and comfortable...I mean the guys taking them over had every piece of kit they owned in them for a March and other then trying to lift it once it was on you could barely even tell it was there.

There is a compression sack, you crunch your stuff and then pop it into an internal drawstringed valise carrier.  The sizing and individuality are key to comfort.  They have back stays which you remove, mold, then return to the bag.  They also need to fit you properly.  This is bag, shoulder harness, and waist belt.  When they don;t fit, and aren't adjusted, they only feel a 100 times better than the 82, but when done correctly and the user knows how to wear it and adjust it, it is like wearing a little slice of heaven.

KevinB said:
Naw - CADPAT BiviBags - CADPAT sleeping bags you know important things   ::)etc....

Your kidding right?  I've seen the CadPat Bivy bag but didn't know they were replacing the sleeping bag as well... sheesh.

No cadpat sleeping bags are planned, unless you are talking about zipping the new "ranger blanket".

Bomber said:
When they don;t fit, and aren't adjusted, they only feel a 100 times better than the 82, but when done correctly and the user knows how to wear it and adjust it, it is like wearing a little slice of heaven.

Wow. *pauses to wipe drool from chin*

Maybe I'll actually grow to enjoy this whole "ruck march" business. ;D

I noticed someone wearing Cadpat TW boots yesterday.

Have they started issuing them, or did I just see someone involved with the CTS project (I'm in Ottawa).

BTW they didn't look too bad.

signalsguy,  they are still trialing them to my knowledge as a friend of mine in Ottawa is involved in the trial.  He wore them all summer on course and seemed to like them as well. 

They are not yet issued, I don't know what stage they are at.

Good morning,
Currently, CTS is still developing a couple of prototypes for the new TW Cbt boot. They have not been trialed yet (especially by 2RCR here in Gagetown, I think us here at Clothing would have known about it). Some CTS pers have some of the prototypes which will be trialed though. This boot is not replacing the Mk III, but rather will be an additional item of kit. The sole is green and the polish is just a standard green paste put out by the same manufacturer of the WW Boot paste. You can scuff them etc...do not fret...as we gouged a pair here during a recent CTS visit to Clothing Stores. The cadpat pattern is not just on the surface of the boot, rather the various green dyes used to strike the cadpat pattern have been developed to extended totally through the leather. Therefore a scuff leads to....more green underneath!
Vern 

Correct me if I"m wrong here but I was under the impression that the MK3's weren't being made anymore and that is
why the new boot was coming online.

Mk 3's are finished, they are bieng replaced by GPB (General Purpose Boot, which I previously called Mk 4's) and the TCB (Temperate Combat Boot).  GPB's are to be coming in November, but like almost everything, you won;t see them till current stock is exhausted.  They are WWB's (Wet Weather Boots) sans goretex.  They are lighter and use the same polish.  Full leather boot though.  TCB's are same, but half cordura material, and cadpat coloured.  No idea when you will see them.  Plus side is the soles on these boots freeze at -65, Vibram guy told me at a trade show, unlike WWB's pre re-sole at -10.  The TCB's I have been wearing are now exceptionally comfortable, as they are fairly light, and have to the toe lacing and vibram soles.  They did take a while to break in though.

Sorry,

Gotta refer you guys to your CANFORGENs. The Mk III combat boot is currently Ops restricted as they can't make any more at this time. The tool dies for the MkIII have worn out and need to be re-tooled. They will not be replaced until the fall when production and delivery of the MkIII into the Supply System will begin again, all info is avail in the CANFORGEN as to which sizes are not being made right now. The CTS TW Cbt boot is meant for temps of 10 degrees and higher (link to the CTS specs below):

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/Chief_Land_Staff/Clothe_the_soldier/hab/2/261_e.asp

Something I posted in the vibram soles forum earlier.... NDHQ still has yet to receive a single UCR from a single troop who was unhappy with the lack of vibram soles on their boots (well at least as of their CTS visit to brief us here at Clothing Stores Gagetown in July). Fill in the UCRs and send them in...then you too can effect change to your kit.

Although not a CTS item, there is such a beast as the "Thermal Blanket." This item was brought into the sytem as a replacement for both the ranger/horse blanket/poncho liner (whichever one you were issued) and and the sleeping bag liner. Therefore when you base evnetually gets them you will need to bring in both to get issued your TB. They are a cadpat pattern and zip up around the edge, and also zip out in the centre for your head to poke through in case you're nostalgic for the poncho.

As for the cadpat bivy bag, it too exists....I have one sitting underneath my desk which was recently returned by a releasing member. Maybe I'll post a picture of it!!

armyvern - 1PPCLI and 3PPCLI have trailed CTS wear - A COy 1VP did the boot trial for the MkIII replacement.

And no offence but a Bin Rat, regadless of rank in Gagetown is probably not on the cutting edge of issue like a Sgt in CTS, so I will be listening to Bomber...

KevinB

Giddyy Uppp...No offense taken but I get my updates from the CTS Project Manager, also frequent e-mail updates from the CTS MWO and CLS Capt from DSSPM...boy will I ever be mad if they have been lying to us here in Gagetown all these years...and on their web-site too!! Although they haven't so far, we've all got our small packs, BEW, SOGs, TC Gloves, and lo and behold that nifty little Thermal blanket that had nothing to do with them in the first place. Now if we could only get our ICE (actually I have mine having been previously deployed on Apollo/Athena from Jan - Aug 2003) but my husband the infanteer does not. Perhaps after my upcoming deployment on Op Argus (Feb-Aug 06), I shall let him use mine. I really wouldn't want anybody claiming that I have it only because I work at Clothing which is the usual chatter. 

Surely you dont trust the Army...  ;)

[Frau Braun] LIES, ALL LIES... [/Frau Braun]

We got our ICE for Roto II - but everyone else here got it a few weeks later.

- I was going to make a quip about why the CADPAT Bivy bag was at your desk...  ;D

Back