• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The brown Temperate Combat Boot (AKA: Mk IV Cbt Boot) - No longer CADPAT

ArmyVern said:
Yep, the scale of entitlement note that is applicable clearly states, "for deployment on overseas operations only".

Vern, in that incident, I wasn't ever seeking to be issued any, I have multiple pairs already from previous tours.

Yup....... ::)

WTF is up with clothing stores supervisors who do not communicate with the appropriate powers that be when common-sense dictates it occur?

I could tell you some choice stories about one specific clothing stores person........Come for a beer some day. The kind of person you tell subordinates to "not go to clothing stores without a WO or above with you".

CDN Aviator said:
Vern, in that incident, I wasn't ever seeking to be issued any, I have multiple pairs already from previous tours.

Yup....... ::)

I could tell you some choice stories about one specific clothing stores person........Come for a beer some day. The kind of person you tell subordinates to "not go to clothing stores without a WO or above with you".

I was talking about the entire arid scale ... camel backs etc. The entire arid scale has that note applicable to it. Every single item.

I think you visited my office in clothing once many, many years ago. IIRC, you were escaping to the RCAF from the Army at that time vice heading to the desert. I am though, getting old and senile.

signalsguy said:
Vern, the custom boot contract is with Pouliot.

That's it!! ARS did the re-soling. My bad. All in PQ though.

Therefore, I think it will be one hell of a fight to get an allowance through TB (politics at play here - as always) ... just has it has always been when it comes to footwear. I`m not holding my breath although I am probably one of it`s greatest supporters.

ArmyVern said:
I was talking about the entire arid scale ... camel backs etc. The entire arid scale has that note applicable to it. Every single item. 

Ack.

I think you visited my office in clothing once many, many years ago. IIRC, you were escaping to the RCAF from the Army at that time vice heading to the desert.

You are quite correct.

On a related note, and looks close in colour to our new ones.

http://soldiersystems.net/2012/07/25/british-military-officially-adopts-brown-boots/

British Military Officially Adopts Brown Boots

The Ministry of Defence has signed a multi-million-pound contract for new boots for the Army, the Royal Navy and the Royal Air Force.

Armed Forces personnel will receive a new range of brown combat boots to replace the black and desert combat footwear they currently wear.

As part of a contract worth £80 million, troops will have the choice of wearing five different boots, depending on where they are based and what job they are doing. The five types available are:

Desert Combat: worn by dismounted troops conducting high levels of activity in desert environments exceeding 40 °C

Desert Patrol: worn by mounted troops, typically drivers or armoured troops conducting lower levels of activity in desert environments exceeding 40 °C

Temperate combat: worn by dismounted troops for high levels of activity in temperate climates

Patrol: worn by mounted troops, typically drivers or armoured troops conducting lower levels of activity in temperate climates

Cold Wet Weather: worn by dismounted troops for high levels of activity in temperatures down to –20 °C.

Each of the five boot types comes in two different styles, so personnel can wear whichever one is more comfortable for them.

Different foot shapes of men and women

The improved brown boots, which have been developed to match the Multi Terrain Pattern uniform worn by all service personnel, will be made in two different width fittings, taking into account for the first time the different foot shapes of men and women.

The new boots have been chosen after months of trials involving 2000 troops serving across the world in Kenya, Cyprus, Canada and the UK. The brown boots will be rolled out to personnel in all three services later this year.

Minister for Defence Equipment, Support and Technology Peter Luff said:

“This contract will provide our troops with the high-quality footwear they need whilst on operations and back in the UK. Our Armed Forces will have more choice than ever before to make sure they are as comfortable as possible, whatever their role.”

Warrant Officer Class One Julie Lodge from the Ministry of Defence’s Defence Clothing team said:

“The boots we have now do the job well, but having footwear that is specially designed for female troops means we get an even better result, and marks a real development in the kit available to us. The new boots are very comfortable and fit so well I feel like I could run a marathon in them.

“We have had excellent feedback on the new boots from both male and female soldiers and we are buying a variety of styles to cover the full range of conditions we might encounter on operations, which means all our troops will have new boots for all seasons.”

The right boot for the right job

WO1 Regimental Sergeant Major Ian Wright of the Parachute Regiment took part in the trials and said:

“The choice offered to us with this new range of boots is fantastic as it means troops can find the right boot for the right job.

“It is important that we continue to feel comfortable in the boots that we wear and reassured that they are going to provide the right protection – and these new brown boots offer that.

“They performed well on the trials and I am sure our soldiers will be delighted with them.”

Black boots will continue to be worn with most non-camouflage uniforms and by units on parade in full dress uniform, such as Guards regiments on ceremonial duties in central London

MOD-Brown-Boot-1.jpg

New-MoD-Combat-Boots.jpg

Looks like a much better boot than our T-Dub though...

Reminds me of Lowa's.

Nice that they get a spectrum to choose from as well... would be excellent if we end up going with the same approach. I still have 20 years left until pension, (without res time of course ^^), so I guess I'll see a ton of changes in my career... wonder what it'll be like if/when I'M a crusty old Warrant Officer?

MPMick said:
wonder what it'll be like if/when I'M a crusty old Warrant Officer?

I wouldn't know anything about that kind of thing as i am not old.

CDN Aviator said:
I wouldn't know anything about that kind of thing as i am not old.

Lol, I swear I was not intentionally aiming the crusty old warrant at any other members.  I was however, contemplating on what kind of issues I'll see throughout my career.

MPMick said:
So does that mean Boulet failed too?

True enough... since a lot of Reserve units also have Regimental Kit Shops... There shops could carry the typical PT Gear, Berets and CADPAT items as well as LPO boots.

Most Reserve Kit Shops are stand alone entities run by the Regimental Association. Not PF or NPF.

You would not be able to sell issue gear from them, unless it was purchased from the approved vendor and brought on stock.

There is absolutely no doubt in anyone's mind that if a boot allowance was allowed, CANEX would be the sole entity able to sell the approved footwear.

Even if you were to find the identical footwear elswhere, your claim would be denied because you didn't use the "APPROVED" vendor.

An allowance to let you go wherever you want, for the boot you want, for the price you want, is an absolute non-starter.

Hmm.. a real live Canex?  I haven't seen one of those since I left Valcartier in April.

I'm pretty sure the Canex in Wainwrong isn't a full fledged one ready to supply (sell?) boots to BMQs of 40 pers at a time...

Bzzliteyr said:
Hmm.. a real live Canex?  I haven't seen one of those since I left Valcartier in April.

I'm pretty sure the Canex in Wainwrong isn't a full fledged one ready to supply (sell?) boots to BMQs of 40 pers at a time...

Wainwright's Canex gets a hell of a lot of business, considering it's one of the main trg bases of the West.  If Canex were picked up to be a boot seller / provider as we've been discussing, then all Canex's would have to beef up their supply of boots.  I know the Canex in Edmonton would not be readily available to supply boots either... mind you, many clothing stores sections right now can't provide combat clothing to troops either  >:D

Bzzliteyr said:

Just a side note here, the canex in wainwright just got a huge renovation earlier this year, was happening just as I left in Febuary so I have not seen it yet, but I've heard it's a lot nicer.

They've carried that brown boot for awhile,  it's not new.  That boot might as well be black though..

Interesting email received by one of the regiment's troops this week that was forwarded to me:

Subject: "Orders for your ARCB (brown combat boot)"

ALCON;

Your orders for the ARCB (Brown Combat Boots) on recommendation by DSSPM Ottawa subject boots have been pulled and quarantined due to existing problem.

Please come into LSS Clothing Stores to be sized for a suitable substitute in either the CWWB (Cold Wet Weather Boot) or AFTCB (Air force temperate safety boots).

Thank you for your co-operation. Have a good day

I guess the members of this site made the proper forecast for the ARCBs and that they are now in an official state of "who knows" ...

:facepalm:

Footwear (and it's contracts):  something that would save the CF millions if we'd only get over that "must buy Canadian/must wear issued boots only" hump. Politics - gotta love it.

ArmyVern said:
Interesting email received by one of the regiment's troops this week that was forwarded to me:

I guess the members of this site made the proper forecast for the ARCBs and that they are now in an official state of "who knows" ...

Saw that one coming while in gagetown.... with only 1 or 2 days garrison use and they started to fall apart....

;D

-Skeletor- said:
They've carried that brown boot for awhile,  it's not new.  That boot might as well be black though..

Oh, never noticed it before when I was looking through their site...

NFLD Sapper said:
Saw that one coming while in gagetown.... with only 1 or 2 days garrison use and they started to fall apart....

;D

As noted on this site months ago ...

Back