• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The 2006 Stanley Cup Playoff Thread

..... uh, Go OILERS!!

Come on boys, bring home the cup.

camochick said:
Ya know 2023, the thing about hockey is, It's a game, and I was merely poking a little fun at you in a friendly way, like alot of hockey fans do to each other. I will not let this thread degrade into a peeing contest about hockey teams, so you have my most heartfelt apologies for insulting your team.  GO LEAFS!!!!!

Hey Camo,

Not trying to get under your skin either and as for me being a Leafs fan, I have very thick skin. I lived through the 80's!!!!!! I am barbing right back and enjoying it. No offence taken and none given. As for the Oilers....................hmmmmmmmm sorry, can't say anything good..........oh wait, Jason Smith is an ex Leaf............Go Smith!!!!!

Go Leafs Go!!

I was on the oilers bandwagon until Roloson broke his leg or whatever part he broke.
Now, I just don't care anymore. No more cup coming home this season.. tsk tsk

2023 said:
You know what, until the Stanley Cup is decided, I wouldn't go flapping your gums and bragging...........the 16 teams who make the playoffs are no better off than the teams that don't make the playoffs, unless they win. Unless you didn't know, a successful season is only considered successful for the team that wins the Cup. So, yeah, the Leafs may be golfing, but they aren't alone. Buffalo, Anaheim...........nice try but sadly they both had unsuccessful seasons......

Go Leafs Go!!!!!

BTW, did you know that during the Playoffs, CBC ratings actually went down........compared to regular season Toronto Maple Leaf games???

Go Leafs Go!!!!!!

I disagree 2023 the two teams in the finals are, 1) conference champions, making them best in their respective conference, 2) would be Stanley cup runner up and if that team could not live up to its obligations as champions would have to fullfill the role.

So there is a large difference between the teams in the playoffs and those who are golfing in May (the oil know this symptom well).  So relax the leafs will win their cup someday when they get a goalie and some defence and a forward who scores more then when their contract is due. 

As for TV ratings how does that affect a teams performance, the leafs are in the largest hockey market in Canada, which is the only reason they still have a team after all those lack luster years.  Could you imagine if the leafs were in a city the size of Winnipeg.  They would be the Phoenix cactus.

Wizard of OZ said:
I disagree 2023 the two teams in the finals are, 1) conference champions, making them best in their respective conference, 2) would be Stanley cup runner up and if that team could not live up to its obligations as champions would have to fullfill the role.

You are too funny! This isn't the Miss Univervse Pageant!!!!!!!!! What Stanley Cup champion isn't going to live up to it's obligations?????HAHAHAHA Thanks for that!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I see why; the thread ends up here anyway.

Oilers loose 5 zip, but who's fault is the zip?  Can't blame that on Juicy.  I'll discuss the 1st and 5th goals since I paid the most attention to those.  1st goal was a high deflection that even Roloson might have missed.  No shame there.  5th goal was entirely the fault of the defencemen.  One Carolina forward in front of the net deflects a long shot from the centre.  One Oiler defenceman standing immediately next to him, but, no cover!  It's true that was the last of maybe 6 shots, but at that point you figure out you're in emergency mode.
Don Cherry says to play LaRooque more, but that's no good unless he learns to KEEP IT IN HIS PANTS!  No more stupid penalties!
We lost this game for stupid arbitrary reasons.  If the Oilers get it together they can win this one yet, but it seems that as soon as they get behind they loose hope and quit playing.

P.S. All you wanting to get off the bandwagon, get off now.  True Oilers fans toughed it out through all the years when Doug Weight was on our side.

Well not to be a party pooper...that's two down...unless they sort themselves out better than last night...the Oilers will be cupless for 16 years.

HL

exsemjingo said:
P.S. All you wanting to get off the bandwagon, get off now.  True Oilers fans toughed it out through all the years when Doug Weight was on our side.
I'll only leap from this bandwagon once the Toronto Maple Leafs are no longer out of the running for the Stanley Cup

:D

vonGarvin said:
I'll only leap from this bandwagon once the Toronto Maple Leafs are no longer out of the running for the Stanley Cup:D

Nice to see I'm not alone in my blue & white padded cell!

camochick said:

Amazing to think that our troops over there are sending a gift home!  Shouldn't the Oilers be the ones signing a flag and sending it over there???  Or a bunch of them??

Truly amazing to read that article and think of the troops over there doing the business have stopped and thought "hey lets send some of our luck home".  Well done troops   :salute:

TMM said:
Nice to see I'm not alone in my blue & white padded cell!
See?  We do belong to the same club: the Toronto Maple Leafs Lonely Hearts Club Band.
Now, how about them Argos?

First and foremost we can't blame the goalie on this one.

The oilers played a fantastic first period. They lost plain and simple because they couldn't stay out of the penalty box. I love the oilers but taking stupid penalties did not help this game. Then they just gave up.

Just remember that we were down 2 with the sharks and we came back to win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO OILERS GO!

Exactly, it is a TEAM game.

The Oilers can still come back and take the Cup.. Lets hope some home games will help the boys!

LETS GO OILERS! Bring the Cup home, and then the wall mural across from Rexall will need updating!  ;D

I have faith in the Oilers, I believe they have what it takes to win it.

vonGarvin said:
Now, how about them Argos?

As for the Argos VonG, they can watch the grey cup parade down Jasper ave in Edmonton come November! ;D

FourNinerZero said:
I have faith in the Oilers, I believe they have what it takes to win it.
Agreed
FourNinerZero said:
As for the Argos VonG, they can watch the grey cup parade down Jasper ave in Edmonton come November! ;D

Them's fightin' words! :D

If they don't win this game its over!...GO OILERS GO!!..Bring the cup back to Canada.

Back