• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The 2006 Stanley Cup Playoff Thread

That's okay Buffalo.....next year will be The Year!!!!!!  :'(

Monday night...

Edmonton @ Carolina...

Be there  ;D

Go Oilers Go...bring it home  :cdn:

HL

The honking has commenced...... :threat:

GO OILERS GO!!!!  ;D

Speechless...

That's the type of ending that can ruin it for a team. Hopefully the Oil can shake it off and hopefully Rollie is OK.

That's it, we need to take out Cam Ward, that guy is a robot! haha.  The boys played a hard game, we'll shake ut off for next game.  Hope Rolli is good to go!

cheers

PV

This Just in.

Rollison is out! NOOOOOOOOOOO (insert every swear word in every language here).

PV

Hi all!
You hockey fans and military types.

Now that the Stanley cup Finals are upon us, I think it is time for a fresh thread.  What better topic to start with but tonites preformance by the Edmonton, or should I say, Canada Oilers. ;)

What was Conclin thinking when he went behind the net with 6 minutes to go in the 3rd period and the score tied 4 to 4 !?!  I know he is the Oilers back-up Goalie, and Roloson tried to stay on, but this mistake had nothing to do with his goal-tending abilities and everything to do with tactics. 
Didn't McTavish tell him not to do that?  I suppose not.  If he had staued in front of the net, where a second-tier goal-tender in a THIRD PERIOD OF A STANLEY CUP FINALS GAME belongs, I might still be watching the game.

Roloson has a habit of playing possum (which got my team to be your team), so hopefully he is doing so now.

Other than that, I still think the Oilers have a chance at winning the cup, since it seems that during their week at the NY Rangers training facitily , they finally learnt how to play offensively.

They will definately need that since the Eastern Confrence oviously plays more physical hockey than what the Oliers are used to.

Hey all!
This thread is getting long, so why not check out the new one I have started for the stanlety cup final!
After all, a little solidarity would be good for Canada's team.

NOOOOOOOOO Rollie is out. I hate to say it...But I am worried!  :-\

I'm worried too.

I can't stand the thought of the Stanley Cup going to Raliegh. :crybaby:

Bummer,  however, it is a team game. They can do it!!!!!!!!

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stanleycup2006/storyview.html?/story/stanleycup2006/national/2006/06/06/nhl-oilers-roloson.htmld

Rollies gone for the rest of the playoffs....

Thanks Bergeron. THanks for coming out and taking out your own goalie.  >:D  Let's hope all that heart the oilers have will come out and they can win this thing. :p

camochick said:
Thanks Bergeron. THanks for coming out and taking out your own goalie.  >:D  Let's hope all that heart the oilers have will come out and they can win this thing. :p

Hmmmmmmmmmm you sound like a bandwagon jumper to me...........no real Oiler fan would dump on one of the players like that.. Sigh..............that time of year I guess. "Lets cheer on Canada's last remaining team, it's the right thing to do................." Bah Humbug!!!!!!

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, I jumped on the bandwagon and i'm proud of it. I'm cheering for them because my husband can't be here to do it himself. Go OILERS (or whatever team I decide to get on board with whoooohoooo). So how are the Leafs doing this year, oh wait, where is that golf course they play on. >:D

Well...well the Oilers lost the first one and I think that last goal of the Hurricanes was well...it shouldn't have happened...first game jitters is all  ;)

Go Oilers Go

HL

camochick said:
Yep, I jumped on the bandwagon and i'm proud of it. I'm cheering for them because my husband can't be here to do it himself. Go OILERS (or whatever team I decide to get on board with whoooohoooo). So how are the Leafs doing this year, oh wait, where is that golf course they play on. >:D

You know what, until the Stanley Cup is decided, I wouldn't go flapping your gums and bragging...........the 16 teams who make the playoffs are no better off than the teams that don't make the playoffs, unless they win. Unless you didn't know, a successful season is only considered successful for the team that wins the Cup. So, yeah, the Leafs may be golfing, but they aren't alone. Buffalo, Anaheim...........nice try but sadly they both had unsuccessful seasons......

Go Leafs Go!!!!!

BTW, did you know that during the Playoffs, CBC ratings actually went down........compared to regular season Toronto Maple Leaf games???

Go Leafs Go!!!!!!

Ya know 2023, the thing about hockey is, It's a game, and I was merely poking a little fun at you in a friendly way, like alot of hockey fans do to each other. I will not let this thread degrade into a peeing contest about hockey teams, so you have my most heartfelt apologies for insulting your team.  GO LEAFS!!!!!

Back