• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Telus is going to charge customers $0.15/per incoming text message

GAP

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Donor
Mentor
Reaction score
For those that text message a lot, CBC news just had a snippet that Telus is going to charge customers $0.15/per incoming text message.

Text? Whats that?

I don't even have a cell phone, let alone the ability to text, so I guess thats a good thing now :D

-Deadpan

Bell = 30 Cents per incoming text

Got a letter in the mail yesterday...starts August 1st IIRC, I sort of tossed it in the trash..

Considering I spent 16 bucks in 4 days, Pay as you go isn't a great option for me anymore

Lone Wolf Quagmire said:
What if you have an unlimited text plan?  Do you have the link?

If you have the unlimited text plan you will not be affected.

I would think so as well.  I would like to read the article.  Time to google.

Lone Wolf Quagmire said:
I would think so as well. 

cbc.ca has it and it says right in the article that cutomers with the unlimited txt message plan will not be affected. I made sure to read the article and confirming this with Telus before i posted so i wasnt pulling this out of my ass.

I'm sure your probably aware of this but I wasn't accusing you of talking shit. 

Rocketryan said:
Bell = 30 Cents per incoming text

I got a letter from Aliant today (Bell subsidiary), also charing $0.15 per incoming...

I have no choice in whether or not I recieve these incoming texts? To heck with that... just one more nail in the coffin of my cell phone...

Just a Sig Op said:
I got a letter from Aliant today (Bell subsidiary), also charing $0.15 per incoming...

I have no choice in whether or not I recieve these incoming texts? To heck with that... just one more nail in the coffin of my cell phone...

especially when they are spam  ::)

Have you guys read some of the comments?  Seems CRTC has no say over the matter.  Not sure how much better Rogers is (minimal coverage where I am with Rogers).  I wonder what this Yak thing is about.  http://www.yak.ca/index.aspx?id=36&lg=en

Heh... and imagine that Rogers / FIDO have indicated that they will not charge for the incoming spam

It's totally ridiculous considering they also charge the sender.

Spanky said:
It's totally ridiculous considering they also charge the sender.
only if the sender is using a wireless....
if it is pushed to your cell via your email server, the sender is ..... anonymous to Telus

Don't see how that would make a difference.  Hope Telus aren't selling our numbers to spam companies.

Shamrock said:
So... what happens if I text myself?
So I said to myself, "Self, ( I knew it was me 'cause I recognized the voice)...".

Back