• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tac Vest Issue (when is it comming to a QM near you?)

chrisf

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Greetings... anyone from LFAA who's recently been issue the tac vest care to tell me whether they got the small pack with it or not?

I'm LFCA reserve (33 BG) and I just got my tac vest last night and no small pack. Small pack should be coming in a few years they said, since the first ones produced came out 6 weeks ago and were sent immediately to Kabul.

Anybody receive theirs yet?

Haven't got them at our unit yet, but according to our slate, we should be getting them soon, I know a friend of mine in the engineers has his, was just wondering if anyone else in 32 CBG has theirs yet.

And yes I know not everything runs as scheduled  ;D

Okay, has anyone in LFAA know when the tac vest is going to be issued? I've heard from sources that the QM has a quantity in stock, but still no word when they're to be issued.

Is anyone better informed?

What is a tac vest? Very sorry if this is a dumb question, however I am very curious.

Tactical Vest, its replacing the '82 pattern webbing as our LBE.

http://www.armee.forces.gc.ca/lf/English/Images/2_0/77.jpg

http://www.army.gc.ca/Chief_Land_Staff/Clothe_the_soldier/hab/2/271_e.asp

Nope,

Haven't gotten mine yet.
But then again I also heard they will only issue out with rifles etc... Such a mix up! but nothing were not used to :cdn:

Well I haven't heard about the issuing with rifles only, some guys I know have theirs and take them home, didn't say anything about issue with rifles since they take them home.

Always a conflicting story for everything eh?;D

Yup!

basically from what i was told is that the vest will be issued with rifles and after exersize you return it as serialized kit... The more i heard of it the stupider it sounded.

Come on boys, the TV is the replacement for the old style web gear, for a couple of reasons, the first being the web gear isn't in CADPAT, the second is, it isn't what the army wants anymore.  They want the TV.  
If they were to only issue the TV to riflemen, and the people using the MG's would have to have the web gear, where is the uniformity that the army always goes on about.
You guys should know a bit better than to believe that crap.  Just use a bit of common sense.  
Especially since someone already posted a website that gives the info on the TV.  Just read it and it will all make sense

By the way, it is not serialized kit.   It is issued on a temp issue card.   They don't do it that way in the Reg force, and they aren't doing it in the reserves.   I have had mine for ages now, I passed in my webgear and got my TV.   It goes home with me after an ex or when I am done training on a Thrusday night.  

armyguy916 said:
Come on boys, the TV is the replacement for the old style web gear, for a couple of reasons, the first being the web gear isn't in CADPAT, the second is, it isn't what the army wants anymore.  They want the TV.  
If they were to only issue the TV to riflemen, and the people using the MG's would have to have the web gear, where is the uniformity that the army always goes on about.
You guys should know a bit better than to believe that crap.  Just use a bit of common sense.  
Especially since someone already posted a website that gives the info on the TV.  Just read it and it will all make sense

By the way, it is not serialized kit.   It is issued on a temp issue card.   They don't do it that way in the Reg force, and they aren't doing it in the reserves.   I have had mine for ages now, I passed in my webgear and got my TV.   It goes home with me after an ex or when I am done training on a Thrusday night.  

Im not disagreeing with you at all infact im agreeing with you. I work sometimes at ASU toronto so i know how the system works but the higher ups at first were planning on using this style of system with all reserve units.

Ya I have heard it all to.  That was why I never really cared until I knew I was getting one.  I had issued to me as well when I was at the Infantry School. 
But ya know what really pisses me off, is that CIC are getting everything CADPAT now, when half our real army still doesn't have the stuff it needs.  And I saw a damn CIC officer going around the other day with a TacVest on.  What the hell do they need them for.  They don't even use real weapons. 

The CIC officer's I have talked to say they aren't getting tac vests... just the uniforms. Can anyone shed some light on this?

What the hell would a CIC officer need a tac vest for?

Since they cost quite a bit of money, I don't think they'll bother issuing them to the CIC.

Maybe the CIC officer bought his, they come up for sale on ebay and some surplus stores.

The CIC are not supposed to be issued the TV.  The only kit that we are supposed to be issued is the the filed clothing (shirt/pants) with a possible future issue of the ICE jacket for wear in inclement weather.  If a CIC officer has been issued a TV I'd be pretty surprised, so it is likely it was purchased or issued during other duty or under false pretenses.  I know when I was working at NDHQ I had most of the kit issued in CADPAT at the time just because of where I was working.  the 15 days in the field really didn't warrant it, but the CO required all of us to be uniform and so we were issued the gear.  Still have it on my docs so it is possible this is a similar situation.  Still not required at all by the CIC as a training tool so shouldn't be issued to us. 

I asked the guy if it was issue.  And it was, he still had the little book that came with it and he took it off and showed me the NSN, it matched mine on my TV.  I was like WTF do you guys need them for?  He was like, "Well we are part of the reserves, so we are entitled to everything you guys get"

In 36 LFAA, i heard our wo talking about some guys getting tac vests, the only problem with them is that they dont carry your rain gear and shit...

I'm in 31 we have our TV's they are great, we take them home after ever ex and training.

41 Bde here, got sized for them last week, but I'm not holding my breath.

Back