• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

suggestions thread in this orderly room section.

JackD

Inactive
Reaction score
could we have a suggestions thread here - a sort of pre-check for comments or ideas that can be reviewed by the monitors. For example, in view of the casualty lists from Afghanistan, i would like to know how the recovering wounded/injured are doing. To some this may be morbid curiosity but i assure you it is not - as you know people disappear from the news - which isn't right. At the same time news of the recovering individuals is of reassurance to those off to Afghanistan, and that people are genuinely interested in the individual's recovery is of help to the individuals concerned. I think though such a thread concept should be reviewed first - perhaps it should be in a category of it's own. Thanks...

Jack,

No problems here. Several of the wounded are members of Army.ca so you may be fortunate enough to get status updates right from the horse's mouth. (At least for previous incidents.)

There's no harm in asking, especially as you've done, for the right reasons.

Cheers
Mike

[/quote]

Sorry Mike,Couldn't find any other place to ask.

With reference to Privacy, Emails and PM's, can the contents be accessed by you or any other person other than the recipient ?.

Cheers.

I can answer that for Mike. No, no one can access your, or your recipients, PM's.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
I can answer that for Mike. No, no one can access your, or your recipients, PM's.

Thank you "Bruce", do you guys ever go to bed ? LOL.

Cheers.

FastEddy said:
With reference to Privacy, Emails and PM's, can the contents be accessed by you or any other person other than the recipient ?.

Question is kind of strange.  Why would it be asked? 

Whatever.  No the Mods can not access your PM's.  Emails are a different story, and again the answer is no, but as they are not part of Mike's program on this site they are regulated by your email program and your Server.  If you don't have a Firewall and Security on your computer, your email are accessable to any Hacker out there.  Your PM's are different and they are protected within the program running this site.

If you PM someone, you are using the site as a host, and you will not give away your personal home email.  If you click on their email address, you will use your own email service as a host, and give away your personal email address.  I have made that mistake once.  Be careful.

FastEddy said:

Thank you "Bruce", do you guys ever go to bed ? LOL.
Cheers.

Yup, in about 3 more minutes....... :boring:

George Wallace said:
Question is kind of strange.  Why would it be asked? 

Again my thanks, for the info and quick replies.

I was just curious if  private or personal conversations  between members could be accessed by anyone other than the originator or recipient because of the nature of the private construction of the site, like everything has to pass through it and therefore be in its realm of control or accessibility. Obviously not.

There may be very personal info. ie: home addresses etc. that one might only feel necessary to relate to one person and only that person. But if these communications could be monitored, then they would be public. So basically just a question of Security & Privacy.

Cheers.

FastEddy said:

....... like everything has to pass through it and therefore be in its realm of control or accessibility.  ......

As I mentioned; not everything goes through this system.  If you click on the person's email address, not a PM, you are now outside this system and into normal email off of your Server/Provider and subject to any flaws in their system.

Hi FastEddy,

To add to what George says, e-mail is completely "out of band" and does not fall under Army.ca's purview in any way. PMs are stored securely on the server itself, unaccessible to any mods. In the event of a criminal investigation, should one occur, Army.ca may be called on by the courts to provide information including PMs. This has never happened, nor do I expect it will, but I just wanted to be succinct. :)

Cheers
Mike

Back