• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

SOURCE hydration

dzone

Inactive
Reaction score
I read the Geigerrig Hydration System and thought to post this one.

I just bought a 3L bladder from SOURCE hydration to replace the camelbak bladder I had because as most of you know after a year you start to find the water in the bladder just doesn't taste right especially for those like myself that never bothered to rinse out or thoroughly clean out their camelbak bladders.  But I read some reviews of SOURCE hydration about not having to clean the bladder and it will still taste like water with no staleness bite to it.

I found a good review of the bladder here http://source-military.com/blog/its-no-secret-what-makes-our-reservoirs-better-bladders/

Can someone let me know, who has had it longer if there is anything you found wrong with Source hydration?

Also I ordered it from here http://shop.rampartcorp.com/category_s/1832.htm

I was one of their 2 North American Sales Reps from 2011-2012 and am very familiar with the product.

General care and maintenance is pretty straight forward.  If you're using the bladder just with water, it's pretty stable and doesn't require any real maintenance or cleaning for the bag or drinking tube.  You may want to disassemble the mouthpiece from time to time and clean using mild dish soap and rinse well, as this piece can get exposed to environmental contaminants like dust/dirt, as well as build up of saliva residue over time.

If you're using any sort of sugar based drink mix, within 24 hours you should wash and rinse the bladder and drinking tube with dish soap and rinse thoroughly.  Fill the bladder about 1/3 of the way with hot water, add a couple drops of dish soap, close the bladder up, swash the soapy water around inside, then rinse several times.  Dissasemble the mouthpiece and rinse water thoroughly through the drinking tube and clean the mouthpiece as the above paragraph.

That's about it.  You've made a good purchase decision in my opinion, despite not being connected to the company any longer.

I have a 3L and 2L, my wife has a 1.5L.  We've had them for a few years with no issue.  I like the screw-cap models.

Aside from the normal periodic cleaning detailed above by Matt, I also store ours in the freezer. 

+1 on storing them in the freezer. Also, the wide mouth makes cleaning a breeze. IMHO, best reservoirs available.

They are currently having a sale.

www.source-military.com

Just picked up a 35L patrol pack (ACU) for $65 US with Shipping. 

Having read the reviews, glad I didn't fork out 250 for a Camelbak...

I ordered a few 3l source bladders and covers on coyote 25$ each, shipping was like 15 so for the cost of one full price I got two for the kids.

They have a good outlet section.

Back