• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Source Tactical 3L Hydration System

George Wallace said:
You really have something for worms, don't  you.    ;D

I can't help that my computer doesn't know what I am typing ::)  and that the spell check doesn't pick up my typo's  ::)

The NFLD Grinch said:
Maybe we should get him de-wormed?  ;D

Shut Up you [jk]

Seen. Next time I'm doing any winter ex, I'll try that out. If it's under -15, you're pretty much guaranteed of freezing though, eh? Even with the CP gear insulation sleeves?

Heh, fair enough. Looks like I'll be limited to eating snow when it's that cold outside. Cheers!

According to CP GEAR:

Insulated Hydration Tube Cover
Code: 3040

Prevents those transparent blue tubes from standing out on your field equipment. The insulated tube cover acts as a very practical solution to the rigourrs of cold weather operations, as it helps minimize the freezing of the drinking tube  when the hydration system is in use. Can be worn comfortable through clothing to maximize the body’s ability to keep the hydration system working.

Castus said:
Heh, fair enough. Looks like I'll be limited to eating snow when it's that cold outside. Cheers!

Melt the snow first, or you're gonna be setting yourself up to end up thirsty again, and your core body temp will drop.

One thing I do, is blow back into the straw after you've taken a sip. It'll get rid of most of the water in the tube, and not leave a huge chunk of ice in it. Can also throw your camelback (unless its part of the TV) under your jacket to keep it warmish on your back.

When you blow back, all the Bactria in your mouth find their way too the tube/bladder. 

Thats ok, I tend not to share my camelback.  ;D

Resurrecting this 4 year old thread as I am one of the North American Representatives for Source Hydration.

I'm looking for any feedback, either positive or negative regarding Source Hydration products that milnet.ca members may have been using, whether it be the Tactical WXP 3L system purchased from Wheelers/CPGear or the systems that MEC carries.

Let me know what you like, don't like, and how you would like to see the products improved.

Also, if you've got ideas for new concepts in tactical hydration systems in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd line applications, please feel free to post them or PM me. Any and all ideas are welcome.

Thanks,

Matt Fisher
Source Hydration North American Rep
matt@sourceoutdoor.com
www.source-military.com

I just look at the VHS... really impresses me. I would like to see it in action. Very interesting concept. I believe that may be one day our IFV's will be all equip with a system like this.

MilitaryMorons website just did a review of our new Rider, Dagger, and Razor 3L systems as well as our ILPS and WLPS reservoirs:

http://www.militarymorons.com/equipment/packs4.html#source2

http://www.militarymorons.com/equipment/outdoor.html#sourceilps

Anybody using these yet?  Feedback?

Back