• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sound off: What are you doing right now? Aside from the obvious being on here..

The Beaver said:
Just had to put my shoulder back in joint. Ouch!

Damn t.v., I hate you.........nah I can never stay mad at you.

Watching "Lethal Weapon" again?

MM

Finishing my geological technical report, and hiding from the roomates. Why I ever agreed to live with five other girls I will never know,I hate drama.

Just got in a short time ago after my first day as a 'blue skin'. My last day in green was Friday, two days later I return to a Grunt Unit, as their only Civvy Contract Armourer. Spent the day gauging 81mm mortar tubes with the famed BG20 timesaving electronic device.

I am enjoying being back on the floor, same pay as a Sergeant, the responsibility of a CFN. It feels wierd not weilding the power of a SNCO, but thats someone elses job now, for I am stress free, good pay, and most importantly, every weekend is a long weekend.

Will look into a AGR Unit end of Jan, early Feb, until then, enjoying my civilianisation transformation. Might even get an ear pierced (NOT), ha! Almost had ya's there  ;D didn't I. Sorry no pierced ears, nipps, or Prince Alberts (W'ouch!)

Just had garlic and herb rissole sangers with a few CC and LA colas to wash it down, now a swim and a great evening Siamese cat bonding, and yes relaxing with the pride.

All this, and its the first day of the Australian summer, and according to the Bureau Boffins, its going to be a hot wet sticky and stormy summer at that. 33C today and humid.

Off to the pool...

OWDU

Just had garlic and herb rissole sangers with a few CC and LA colas to wash it down, now a swim and a great evening Siamese cat bonding, and yes relaxing with the pride.

Okay, you clean, you wash, you cook, you don't need a woman for these things... How about you let me move to Australia and I clean the litter ? Wish I was somewhere other than where I am now... :crybaby:

Contemplating the time it would take to get to S Stewart's place and help out with her "girls"....

Bzzliteyr said:
Contemplating the time it would take to get to S Stewart's place and help out with her "girls"....

Lol your more than welcome, better you having to listen to the drama then me.

Watching Shrek the Halls.  ;D

200px-Shrek_The_Halls.JPG

S.Stewart said:
Lol your more than welcome, better you having to listen to the drama then me.
Who said anything about having to listen to them??

:D

PMedMoe said:
Watching Shrek the Halls.   ;D

200px-Shrek_The_Halls.JPG

Any good? I picked this DVD up for my daughter as one of her Santa gifts (with a plush Ty donkey included).  8)

Celticgirl said:
Any good? I picked this DVD up for my daughter as one of her Santa gifts (with a plush Ty donkey included).  8)

If they liked Shrek, they should like this.

Celticgirl said:

Decent, I thought it be some rummage money grabber from the movies but it is fairly well done.

Funny Xmas song if I remember.

Overwatch Downunder said:
Just had garlic and herb rissoles

thats what i had for dinner last night, the wife likes aussie cooking so every now and again i`ll whip up something. already pre made a meat pie for dinner tonight

aussiechangover said:
thats what i had for dinner last night, the wife likes aussie cooking so every now and again i`ll whip up something. already pre made a meat pie for dinner tonight
Unreal mate, sounds bonza! Hows that Canadian translator going?

Rippa mate! AC is adjusting well no doubt.

All is dinky-di here on Bribie www.bribie.com.au, yip, a real dinkum paradise  ;D

Give us a hoy if you're bored this wknd. Always a cold beer and a swim waiting for you.

Looks like AC is managing well with his Cdn made Aussie tucka. Gotta enjoy a good fang with the G&H rissoles. Swilled with some XXXX Gold. My rissies were generic, bought from Woolies. Crikey, I hate going there.

I wonder if he has his Missus doing a pavlova or some fresh lamingtons.

Hoo-Roo,

Wes

Reading and rereading OD's post with a stunned and confused look on my face.  ???

I am wondering how long it would take me to learn the lingo if I decided to move to Australia and join up...

all in all, I would suggest it'd take you a couple of days to get over the 1st real culture shock.

Bit like when I 1st moved to Newfoundland & had to adapt to the different accents that have developed on the island.  Ya gotta remember that all the towns were separate & communication between each and every one was limited.  Let that go on for a couple of hundred years and whoa.....

Saaaaay.... Australia fits a lot of those criteria too !!!!  So that explains it ;D

geo said:
all in all, I would suggest it'd take you a couple of days to get over the 1st real culture shock.

Bit like when I 1st moved to Newfoundland & had to adapt to the different accents that have developed on the island.  Ya gotta remember that all the towns were separate & communication between each and every one was limited.  Let that go on for a couple of hundred years and whoa.....

Saaaaay.... Australia fits a lot of those criteria too !!!!   So that explains it ;D

Hmm.... you trying to start something there geo
poke.gif
  ;D

Who me ??? naw - wouldn't do that.
But - have you ever listened to a fella from Fogo Island talk ???  Cheez - ya gotta train that ear mighty fine to make heads from tails

Newfoundland - Irish Immigrants
Australia.... amongst others, Irish immigrants (not necessarily volunteers though)

If you want to hear something spectacular, ya gotta visit port au port / port aux basques area - listen to the french that comes outa there  WOW !

Ah Port-aux-Port best week long bridge build I was on. We drank the bar/resort dry  ;D

And yeah the french is just wow.....

Back