• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sound off: What are you doing right now? Aside from the obvious being on here..

Getting some extra clothes and boots out of storage to change into after our water jump tomorrow.

I just read this joke and thought it was amusing:

The Center for Disease Control has issued a medical alert about a highly contagious, potentially dangerous virus that is transmitted orally, by hand, and even electronically.  This virus is called Weekly Overload Recreational Killer (WORK).  If you receive WORK from your boss, any of your colleagues or anyone else via any means whatsoever - DO NOT TOUCH IT!!!  This virus will wipe out your private life entirely.  If you should come into contact with WORK you should immediately leave the premises.

Take two good friends to the nearest liquor store and purchase one or both of the antidotes - Work Isolating Neutralizer Extract (WINE) and Bothersome Employer Elimination Rebooter (BEER).  Take the antidote repeatedly until WORK has been completely eliminated from your system.

You should immediately forward this medical alert to five friends.  If you do not have five friends, you have already been infected and WORK is controlling your life.

Watching Trailor for new fall tv show "Glee."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0rqjoryaAk&NR=1

My buddy and I were given a large box of old casettes. We were told to choose and keep the ones we liked, and 'get rid of' the ones that we didn't.
The two of us being pyro-rednecks had a fire burning within minutes and decided to throw the bad tapes like blanks and Conway Twitty into the fire.

I don't know what the hell goes into the tapes, but they burn hot as hell, and have the same effect as oil when water is poured onto a burning one.
When the pipe turned this hot, and there were flames shooting out the top of the chimney we tried to put out the fire with water, which made it burn fiercely... so I had to go grab an old fire extinguisher to put it out.

glowfire3.jpg

Oddball

George Wallace said:
Indoors, I see.  Nice paneling and tool chest.  :-\

The stove is fine where it is. It's really just a heater for a small garage during the winter. The tapes just had some suprisingly fierce heat when in the fire. (There was only about hald a dozen blank tapes in the fire when the picture was taken.) 
Fire is the easiest way to dispose of unwanted stuff around there, and it's fun.

Oddball

George:

The ferrous oxide on the tapes is the same thing used to make the sparklers that you light on First of July...IIRC

tango22a

uncle-midget-oddball: you're d**n lucky you didn't burn the garage down...or put it in low orbit!!  Those wood stoves ARE NOT immersion heaters!

Now lets have a S**tpile of immersion heater stories!

tango22a said:
Now lets have a S**tpile of immersion heater stories!

:warstory:  Okay, here we go, it's the only one I have.

Must have been Domesday (or Stables, whatever you want to call it) and one of the new Sgts decided we Cpls and Ptes needed a refresher on lighting the immersion heater. 

We got it all set up and ready to go.  The Sgt turned on the fuel and lit the match.
One of the Ptes asked "Where's the big whoosh?"  The Sgt replied (quite sarcastically, I might add), "There is no big whoosh."

But, the match had blown out before the flame caught, so the Sgt needed to light another match.  Unfortunately for him, the fuel was still dripping.  When he applied the second match, there was a big whoosh.  He lost most of the hair on one of his arms.  We Cpls and Ptes were rolling on the ground, unable to contain our laughter (after we knew he was unhurt, of course).  The look on his face was priceless.

PMedMoe said:
:warstory:  Okay, here we go, it's the only one I have.

Must have been Domesday (or Stables, whatever you want to call it) and one of the new Sgts decided we Cpls and Ptes needed a refresher on lighting the immersion heater. 

We got it all set up and ready to go.  The Sgt turned on the fuel and lit the match.
One of the Ptes asked "Where's the big whoosh?"  The Sgt replied (quite sarcastically, I might add), "There is no big whoosh."

But, the match had blown out before the flame caught, so the Sgt needed to light another match.  Unfortunately for him, the fuel was still dripping.  When he applied the second match, there was a big whoosh.  He lost most of the hair on one of his arms.  We Cpls and Ptes were rolling on the ground, unable to contain our laughter (after we knew he was unhurt, of course).  The look on his face was priceless.

Our guys used to make the immersion heaters go "Boom" at 0400 or so.

Friday night, 2330h, just finished watching Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982) on FOXTEL. I had not seen this in years, and had a good laugh.

The night is still young.

OWDU

EDITed only for spelling

There has been nothing exciting my way.  I have been busy running errands for much of the day. 

----------

I needed a new pair of runners and the first pair I tried on was a perfect fit.  Usually it takes what seems like endless pairs of shoes being tried on over the course of several stores to find a pair which works. 

The girl at the, ‘Running Room’, was very helpful.  The Running Room has a colour system; they figure out how you walk to help find the shoe which would work best for you.  My feet needed shoes from their ‘blue’ category. 

Where possible, it is common for me to buy clothes from a thrift shop, on sale or clearance, at a market place, hand-me-downs etc…, but my running shoes are not something I can skimp on. 

My shoe size certainly matches my height; my shoes are a ladies size 10. 

Here are my new shoes; they look nicer than they do online:

Women's (New Balance from Nike)
A high stability trainer with ABZORB DTS cushioning and a medial post to accommodate the moderate to severe overpronator.
http://www.shop.runningroom.com/product_info.php?language_id=1&products_id=4512 . 

----------

I’m looking forward to taskings next month; I’m going through withdrawals…. I need my air time.

At the moment I’m bouncing between the forum and multitasking.

I'm off to bed.  Have a good night everyone. 

Sat, 1232h, did some painting, now for a swing on the hammock with a few chapters of a good book.

The sun is out, its around 24C, can't complain for a winter's day.

OWDU

Overwatch Downunder said:
Sat, 1232h, did some painting, now for a swing on the hammock with a few chapters of a good

OWDU

Painting... sounds like fun. What kind? Oil, acrylic, ... walls?

Oddball

uncle-midget-Oddball said:
Painting... sounds like fun. What kind? Oil, acrylic, ... walls?
Oddball

Painting is probably Aussie slang for lying on the beach, eating a steak or drinking.  ;D

kkwd said:
Painting is probably Aussie slang for lying on the beach, eating a steak or drinking.  ;D

Either way, sounds like fun....
I wonder what the Aussie version of Timmies is... and if they're hiring?

Oddball

Well, my EX had this wall a horrid citric green colour, which I hated, so today, bought 4L of paint (chalk dust colour), and after 3 coats, its done.

As for the hammock session, I laid there, listening to the birds, the laughing Kookaburra vs the irritated Aussie magpie, all well sifting through about 40 pages of a book on Aussies in Iraq.

All this as my two Siamese sentries stocked some local lizards.

What a life.

OWDU

Wes, there is a book called "Running the War in Iraq: An Australian General, 300,000 Troops, the Bloodiest Conflict of Our Time" that I want to get. Have you heard of it?

Written by Aust MGEN Jim Molan

ABN 36 009 913 517. Published by Harper Collins 2008.

Thats the book I am reading.

Shyte, what he experienced in the city was exactly like I was there, infact I could almost smell Baghdad again, and feel the heat.

I got this book last year, and only started reading it recently.

Cheers,

Wes

Today I tried out my new shoes; they did great throughout the workout and I'm very pleased with them.  My old pair simply had the bun and I needed to give them the boot because they were chewing me up.

I just finished watching a movie called, "Stone of Destiny".  It is based on a true story regarding some of Scotland's history.  The movie was slow, but interesting. However, the movie was worth the rental.
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vnBvDPXZk0
Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_of_Destiny_%28film%29
I don't know what has got into me; I have watched several movies over the past short while, which is not usual for me.

We sure haven't had much of a summer; I think there has been only a few to handful of warm days all summer and spring was more like winter (cold and snowy).  There was a rabbit enjoying the front yard this morning and part of his back end had already turned white, sigh.

Have a good day everyone.

I'm supposed to be sleeping... Don't tell the duty staff.  F***ing insomnia

Better try though hour of PT in the AM

Back