• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sound off: What are you doing right now? Aside from the obvious being on here..

Wondering where the hell spring is......grrrrrr......Edmonton's spring suck!!!!!!

Baking cookies, banana bread, pumpkin loaf for my hunny...wouldn't want him to starve to death in Suffield on Ex.  ;D

I am also wondering where spring is... woke up last morning to snow on the ground  :-\

Right now I am taking my kids to their grandparents, my wife to the doctors, and going to talk to some lawyers

emailing back and forth with the hubby.  Don't think I'll be getting much more webcam time as he's taken to guarding his stuff after a rash of thefts.  :-\

Just found a decent job after 3 months of looking.  Hopefully I won't have to go through that again.

ILQ DL Assignment 2.  And am finding that Army.ca is a great break from reading, thinking, typing. 

Errrr of course I am doing that on here as well so where is the break?

"This is my Rifle, this is my Gun!!!

I'm preparing my liver (what's left of it) for Thursday, when I turn 19 and am able to obtain beverages in the 'proper' way. Not that I'll be in bars very often, but it's nice to know if I get bored enough I have somewheres to go.

Doctor's appointment for tomorrow was rescheduled for next week.

That's about all that's been happening with I lately.
Damn, I need a social life.

Oddball

I just pulled the old metal detector out of the closet for some action after a long break. I have a big yard and it could use a good going over again.

Well, its late Tuesday arvo, and we've had yet more rain. This am 70mm alone, and 180mm yesterday, overall 3 wks of rain.

So, I was hang'n to get into Morayfield to pick up my mircrowave oven, its about 25 km inland here from the island (Bribie Island where I live), but due to all the intense rain, the creeks and low ground are underwater (over 900mm of rain within 5 hrs the other day - its all coming down this way now).
The main highway (Bribie Island - Caboolture Road) contecting the island to Caboolture is underwater by at least 30cm in many spots, and fast moving too, so hence I am trapped on the island. The phone is out, but I have the ADSL working somehow.

It is bad, yet another 12 yr old kid drowned (while playing?) yesterday and missing on the Caboolture River which is infested with bull sharks the best of times.

Looks like I'll be entertained by CC and coke, my two Siamese freakshows, FOXTEL, and army.ca. Might even do some home made chook cordon-bleu tonight.

Regards from a rather wet day here in the tropics,

OWDU

Hey you are in Australia, on the other side of the globe, head upside down, one day head of us!  ;)

My dream, windsurfing on the Australian coast,  8) , warmer water than here (Vancouver). Rain nonstop? Oh yes, I understand you, leaving on the Canadian West Coast, I am now waterproof or I like to believe so.

I am enjoying the last bit of the long weekend, watching a Spanish movie that have won some europeen award (but I can follow the story without the sound, so I am going to listen to some radio talk show on CBC meanwhile watching the movie and polishing up my second master thesis that doesn't finish to finish (French expression, not sure that I am translating correctly)!

Well, to be honest, I am procrastinating right now, which is not good for someone that wishes to join the CF, so don't tell to anyone  ;)

Tomorrow, back to work and coffee, a lot !

From Cross Of Iron and relevent to all those of us living in Queensland, Australia, at the moment
Unteroffizier Krüger: I stay dirty for a reason. If you've been in the field as long as I've been, you'd know why.
Sargeant Steiner: Explain.
Unteroffizier Krüger: Natural body oils, combined with dirt, can keep you waterproof!

Thats settled it, no more washing for this little digger!

Hum, I am not sure that my girl friend is going to enjoy this waterproof tips, but I might plead my case using Unteroffizier Krüger quote when a cold beer comes before a shower after a good (dirty) mounting bike ride or football game, but only if it is raining !

I just wrecked myself doing pushups. My shoulder is still not able to support full weight (Physiotherapy is over and it didn't help), so I've called the CFRC and put another hold on everything.

A good day? 15 consecutive pushups (triceps might be weak too [in the sense that I don't use them enough], who knows?).

I'm losing my goddamn mind trying to study for this exam.  I'm back to my desk as early as 4am thanks to another week of messed up sleep.

Only three more days and my diploma is done.  Then I can look myself in the mirror, and make some decisions..

I watched my wife pull a dart out of her big toe yesterday. Her shot bounced off the board.
Just when you think you've seen everything.

ENGINEERS WIFE said:
Waiting, not so patiently, for UFC 97 ;D

LOL. I just made jagerschnitzel, spaetzle, wurst salad and Black Forest cake (for dessert - of course) for a whole crew that just trundled out of here ... at least one with plans to take in this blood-sport at  Griffins.

Now, I am sipping back the wine, alone ... and at peace for the first time this busy busy week!!

YAY!!

ArmyVern said:
LOL. I just made  (for dessert - of course) for a whole crew that just trundled out of here ... at least one with plans to take in this blood-sport at  Griffins.

Now, I am sipping back the wine, alone ... and at peace for the first time this busy busy week!!

YAY!!

Ohhhh, if I had only known.......I like jagerschnitzel, spaetzle, wurst salad and Black Forest cake too!!! LOL :)

I'm trying to study for my first Gunnery test tomorrow but my hangover keeps getting in the way. Its hard to concentrate when you feel like death...

being 41...acting like I am 25 and trying to enrol as DEO -MPO

also sweating Google as I try to find if having 'ear tubes' will disqual me from passing the medical

also drinking a beer! :)

Back