• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sound off: What are you doing right now? Aside from the obvious being on here..

Waiting for the final 2 and 1/2 hours to go by so I can stop getting these stupid last minute leave passes for Christmas.  Considering the bloody thing comes every year you would think people would have their passes in already, especially since they were reminded a month ago.

here's my leave pass, it starts tomorrow and I am flying home so when can you action it and give me my copy?  Right now, bend over you ***!!!

Boy, do I need my leave to start - or maybe a timmies run.

kratz said:
Drove right past Oromocto on our way to Quispamsiss. The roads were clear of snow and traffic. For most of the drive we were one of only a few vehicals on the highways. About 20cm of snow was dumped on us today though. The return trip to Borden will be far busier.

I think she was home by the time you posted  ;D BTW The roads were clear on the 12/13 (at least they were as of 1350 on the 13th) in the Oromocto/Freddie area anyway.

Spending the night doing laundry, packing and all that jazz before Christmas Leave starts tomorrow @ 1200ish.  Unit Christmas party tomorrow in Bayers Lake so I'll make my appearance (who has their unit party the last day before leave????), and then off to Moncton to 9'r Ds place, until we are head home to the Island the morning of Christmas Eve.  Still trying to figure out how to fit in Christmas turkey at 2 homes/families who have the same plan that are 45 minutes away from each other.  *scratches head*  There is snow down here in Halifax and in Moncton...hopin' for snow Christmas Eve/Day on PEI just like there always used to be.

Congrats to Celticgirl and the others who may have taken the big step today and joined the *big family*...congrats!!

To everyone who is travelling home to see family and loved ones this coming weekend/next week, safe travels!

To our folks who are deployed, on duty, not able to be at home over the Holidays, our thoughts are with you.  Stay safe!

:cdn:

merry_christmas_1024.jpg

Here in the EME Control Office doing paperwork.

Christmas holidays start in 1h 45 mins.

Projected high of 37C today and sunny. Only 0945h now, and hot as the surface of  the sun.

I love the air-con in this office, 23C and celining fan is on  ;D

OWDU

Oh I am, my first full on Christmas break in 3 yrs.

06 was in Iraq, 07 I was RDO from end of Nov to mid Jan.

08 - Look out here I come, off to Hervey Bay early in the week for 2 days if things go to plan. 3 weeks off and looking forward to it. Stocked up on CC and food.

Regards,

OWDU

Overwatch Downunder said:
Here in the EME Control Office doing paperwork.
I love the air-con in this office, 23C and celining fan is on  ;D

OWDU

Arte et Marte at it's best  ;D

"By skill and by fighting!"

Or "Twist to Open", which I like better, and yes a cool, no, cold, ice cold XXXX Gold or Pure Blonde would taste great.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh,

OWDU

EDITs abruptly: Pure Blonde is a type of beer here  ;D

Eye In The Sky said:
Congrats to Celticgirl and the others who may have taken the big step today and joined the *big family*...congrats!!

Thanks, EITS! Today was a very proud day for me and one I won't soon forget! Bring on BMOQ!!!  ;D

Doesn't even feel like the holiday here, although I have a month off and was intending to enjoy it, but I unfortunately, screwed up my lower back, so I am down for the count for a few days at least, got to love it. Ah well, pain killers, Crown Royal, and scotch it is.

Overwatch Downunder said:
Projected high of 37C today and sunny.
Heh, we had a high of -2 today, wind chill made it feel more like -12 or so. Tomorrow we will be blessed with almost 50 knots of wind (1 knot = 1.5 miles per hour [IIRC]), along with a high of -4, not factoring in wind chill there.

Wes, you want a son?

;D

The Beaver said:
Heh, we had a high of -2 today, wind chill made it feel more like -12 or so. Tomorrow we will be blessed with almost 50 knots of wind (1 knot = 1.5 miles per hour [IIRC]), along with a high of -4, not factoring in wind chill there.

Wes, you want a son?

;D

My neighbour has a hot daughter who prances around shamlessly in short-shorts and an cheap poor excuse for a top. I think she is about 22 or 23, long blonde hair etc. Typical Bribieislander beach loving chick. Perhaps she needs a boytoy with an accent??

OWDU

Finally home for the holidays. Went to my son's High School's musical last night. Good show. Just waiting now for my trucks appointment at the dealership.

Accent, eh?  Funny, I can pull off two seperate accents being a Quebecois you know?!

I'd love to be able to come down and visit Wes, it will happen one of these days... Let me see how much a ticket is in January...what airport do I put down?

Currently sitting at home during a major blizzard.
It's now -4C with heavy snow. Winds from the east at 45 km/h gusting to 60 km/h. Visibility near zero.

Back