• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

So should all us army folk have CadPat now?

AlphaCharlie

Inactive
Reaction score
I read a notice down in my local QM that as of June 1st (today) every CF member was to have CadPat?

So I can go down and get it tonight if I wanted? Or did I miss something?

I'd like to have it for when I go on course this summer....

Everyone is suppose to have it, I got mine early, I just showed up for a Gerber and flashllight and walked out with Cadpat too.

Personally I think they should keep the old OD's for recruits.  When I was on my BMQ seeing the instructors wearing cadpat while I had OD really intensified the fact for me and the others in my platoon that we really were nothing more than recruits.  It makes the recruit standout more of a recruit than the cornflake can do alone.

IMO if your not in the Cmbt Arms you shouldn't get them until they are well circulated throughout the Cmbt arms.

I was measured in in Cadpat sizes on Thurs and they said I'd be getting Cadpat. Personally I don't care, I'm just proud to be wearing a uniform soon .. if I have to wait 8 mths to get CadPat ah well!  :cdn:

It probably depends on your unit for CADPAT issue, everyone is different. I haven't heard anything about every CF member has to be in CADPAT byJune 1st.

In my unit, you need to have your BMQ/QL2 completed before you can get CADPAT, and others you need QL3, etc

I agree on the fact that BMQ should get ODs and then you get CadPat once you finish basic, but it would be a logistics nightmare.

Do I need an appointment or should I just waltz on in?

AlphaCharlie, make an appointment. Don't just show up, your CQ/QM might not like that.

D-n-A said:
It probably depends on your unit for CADPAT issue, everyone is different. I haven't heard anything about every CF member has to be in CADPAT byJune 1st.

In my unit, you need to have your BMQ/QL2 completed before you can get CADPAT, and others you need QL3, etc

I read it on the official memo taped to my QM's desk.... straight from the top.

My unit requires you to have your DP1 completed before you are issued CADPAT, but this Sunday's D-Day March has helped me along. The entire 32 Brigade has been issued CADPAT early so we're all turned out the same for the march... I guess i just lucked out.

My buddy who is in 32 brigade, 25th Service asked about people getting CADPAT at BMQ and was told that no one will be getting the old OD now, not even on basic, just straight to CADPAT.

I have no idea how it works on a unit to unit level though.
I dont really see a big difference with CADPAT and the old OD's.  A uniform is a uniform is it not?  It's not what you where, but what you do.

Yes, that's true. However, people confusing you with cadets would get a bit annoying.

I ask you how many people are going to snipe at you with IRScoped Rifles in the middle of the city?

And this is revelant to the parade how???

It would be so much easier if they just gave you CADPAT once and for all.

:cdn: When you first join the canadian army and you go for your basic whether it be reserve or regular forces everyone wheres the OD's then when you are done your basic for the regular for you get your cadpat when you get to battlion if you are reserve you get cadpat after your done your 6 weeks by then you have finished basic and SQ so you get cadpat when you get back to your unit where ever you are from.

hope this helps you
MCPL Boucher

Tuff_Little_Girl said:
:cdn: When you first join the canadian army and you go for your basic whether it be reserve or regular forces everyone wheres the OD's then when you are done your basic for the regular for you get your cadpat when you get to battlion if you are reserve you get cadpat after your done your 6 weeks by then you have finished basic and SQ so you get cadpat when you get back to your unit where ever you are from.

hope this helps you
MCPL Boucher

That I know for a fact is wrong, because my BMQ was the last one in the country to be issued ODs. Everyone gets CadPat now.

How would it be if people stopped making absolute, blanket statements like those made in the last two posts?  Such statements are wrong all too often, and they do nothing but confuse others.  I'm sure that at this point there are some BMQ courses that are all in CADPAT, and I'm equally sure that there are others that are all still in the old combats, particularly in some of the more remotely located reserve units.  Alpha Charlie, if you just finished BMQ, then sorry, but you don't know nearly enough about anything to make any sort of claim to know exactly what's going on at the national supply level.

I have not seen any CANLANDGEN or CANFORGEN about this issue.  Maybe there is a unit policy in some unit somewhere that dictates that June 1st is 100% CADPAT day, but don't confuse that with a message that actually is "straight from the top".

Well, june 1st must have some significance, because it was passed down the chain that as of June 1st, people with their SQ course were entitled to CADPAT in the Thunder Bay Garrison (38 bg)

Ironically I got it the day before, because I came off an SQ final ex as the enemy force and needed clean clothing to change into  

00.jpg

Heeeelllllo Ladies  8)

We were quite surprised to see some new recruits arrive at our unit in 41 CBG clad in CADPAT.  We do still have troops wearing the ODs, and I can't speak for what the supply routines are - but at least two new people here got their CADPAT.

AlphaCharlie said:
Tuff_Little_Girl said:

hope this helps you
MCPL Boucher

That I know for a fact is wrong, because my BMQ was the last one in the country to be issued ODs. Everyone gets CadPat now.

Im going on basic july 5th, does that mean im getting Cadpat??

Da_man said:
Im going on basic july 5th, does that mean im getting Cadpat??

You should when you get kitted. You *might* get a nice orange jumpsuit, but that's only due to lack of uniforms.

Back