• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Amazing Race in Esquimalt.

Watching Amazing race tonight, they were showcasing a challenge from Esquimalt. Where the racers had to put out one of the field tents from the Army. While having serving members around watching them, encouraging, etc.

Sounds great, but something about the show really annoyed me. The contestants were in standard cadpat fatigues, that part I didn't have too much an issue with, but looking closer they were all wearing ranks. I noticed a bunch of corporal and master corporal ranks. Not sure if there were others as I didn't watch the full episode.

Not only that, most of the cadpat was being worn haphazardly and looked really unkempt.

All of this annoyed me and it felt disrespectful, and AFAIK is against so many regulations. (Wearing rank you haven't earned, unkempt appearance of the uniform, etc)

Anyone else see this? I can't see how this was approved from staff. They did have at least one army Captain there yelling at the contestants.

Am I just not with the times, and is this now acceptable?

TL:DR; my issue is civilians wearing uniform with rank insignia they didn't earn, and were not shown how to wear it properly.

People still watch that stuff ?

Oh right. That.

Filming was in June. The strike ended a month earlier. So no one was crossing any picket lines.

Would the water be ideal at that time temperature wise? I have no clue.

Or maybe the film crew reached out and that particular CBG was tasked with whoever was available given current tempos.

Filming was in June. The strike ended a month earlier. So no one was crossing any picket lines.

Would the water be ideal at that time temperature wise? I have no clue.

Or maybe the film crew reached out and that particular CBG was tasked with whoever was available given current tempos.
So, you were there, then?

So, you were there, then?
No. But the strike ended before filming. Filming was in June. Or wereyou talking about another strike that happened after the PSAC strike? Not sure when the dock strike started if that would have an effect or not.

Edit. DOH! I was Looking at US amazing race film dates…Cdn one would have been during the strike so that could make sense. Apologies.

No. But the strike ended before filming. Filming was in June. Or wereyou talking about another strike that happened after the PSAC strike? Not sure when the dock strike started if that would have an effect or not.

Edit. DOH! I was Looking at US amazing race film dates…Cdn one would have been during the strike so that could make sense. Apologies.
Uh-huh.

No problem!

Back