• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

skipping boot camp

N

nuforc

If I skip the coming boot camp and get in in the next one, when would that be? someone told me ther was one starting soon and one in september. I would like to do this just in case my fisrt choice opens and it will also give me the opportunity to get in shape.
ps:contrary to some of the advice on this panel, the agent focused a lot on the details involved in my trades, ALL 3 of my chosen trades.

does anyone know a good army chat line?
theres the cdnarmy.ca chat

look in the annoucnment forum i think it is, tels you everything you need to do to connect to it

pssssstt!!!! Just some advice.. We don‘t have boot camp in Canada. It‘s called Basic Training here..

One of the info sheets I got at my recruiting center refers to it as boot camp.

Hello everyone,
my interview was last week, will they call me to let me know i‘m accepted or when there is an openning for my trade
thanx

pssssstt!!!! Just some advice.. We don‘t have boot camp in Canada. It‘s called Basic Training here..
I agree. Don‘t let your instructors hear you
repeatedly call it "boot camp"

Besides, the term "boot camp" only applies to the
USMC. The US Army also uses the term basic training.

Basic sounds better anyway. :fifty: :D
Boot Camp sounds like it‘s for convicts.

Anybody else find the winter training in the army interesting? Band of brothers episode with Bastogne i believe it was where they‘re in the snow, that‘s scary man. Where u gotta fight an enemy and the cold. :eek:

Anybody else find the winter training in the army interesting? Band of brothers episode with Bastogne i believe it was where they‘re in the snow, that‘s scary man. Where u gotta fight an enemy and the cold.
But you don‘t fight enemies in basic training do you?

lol sorry, i guess i made it sound like they‘re together, should‘ve separated the two comments.

i like the long trench coat type of uniform some of them in band of brothers wore, in bastogne. looks good.

In WW2 alot of german soldiers joined up because the uniforms were so good looking. I can imagine, i‘m also attracted to a good uniform, they just look so bad @ss some of them. too bad they didnt have winter uniforms.

In WW2 alot of german soldiers joined up because the uniforms were so good looking.
And all this time I thought it was because Germany had mandatory military service.

Originally posted by Danjanou:
[qb]
In WW2 alot of german soldiers joined up because the uniforms were so good looking.
And all this time I thought it was because Germany had mandatory military service. [/qb]
lol

maybe he was referring to the germans voluntering for the SS

Originally posted by ARTY AYGUN:
[qb] In WW2 alot of german soldiers joined up because the uniforms were so good looking. I can imagine, i‘m also attracted to a good uniform, they just look so bad @ss some of them. too bad they didnt have winter uniforms. [/qb]
the germans did have winter uniforms

Back