• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sign longer contract to start as Cpl?

Ok dokie enough with agreeing with me.  :p

I made the initial reply as a joke, but this many people "backing me up" makes it look like I was being argumentative.  Don't you people get me in trouble!  :D

Toodles!

MedTechStudent said:
Ok dokie enough with agreeing with me.  :p

I made the initial reply as a joke, but this many people "backing me up" makes it look like I was being argumentative.  Don't you people get me in trouble!  :D

Toodles!

You get yourself into trouble :p kay I'm done hijacking.

I wouldn't wanna start as a Cpl... I don't know anything so I deserve to be the lowest on the food chain.  Though that's a tough situation... financially... Though I have cell phone/car and a major shopping problem and I just worked a little min-wage job for 3 years plus school... I don't know the situation fully... but CF wage is a heck of a lot better than min-wage.... Or sitting at a desk (PR) for the rest of my life...

George Wallace said:
The more I see this comment, the more I laugh.  Why should all young kids today want to be officers?

The people at the CFRC need to stop bringing it up as soon as they see 80's and 90's on high school transcripts...I told them I'd make a great career cpl

popnfresh said:
The people at the CFRC need to stop bringing it up as soon as they see 80's and 90's on high school transcripts...I told them I'd make a great career cpl

Recruting centre pers have to, it's their job.

George Wallace said:
The more I see this comment, the more I laugh.  Why should all young kids today want to be officers?

Hey!! I resent that remark. It's not always about the money, sometimes it's about easing your family entourage by making them believe that it's an immensely better job. ;D

MedTechStudent said:
Ok dokie enough with agreeing with me.   :p

I made the initial reply as a joke, but this many people "backing me up" makes it look like I was being argumentative.  Don't you people get me in trouble!   :D

Toodles!

There's nothing wrong with being argumentative.  >:D

Drew, I see you made it here from bcsb.

Call cpl Fan at 604-666-4031.

Or pm me here or on BCSB.

George Wallace said:
Has anyone in the position of  "Recruiting"  seen that in the job description?
Unfortunately we had to give them all of their options, even if a guy was set on being a NCM.

well I cant sell the home cause I just bought it, and if i were to sell it right away I'd lose a whole shit load of money to stupid fees....plus it's a nice place and really want to live there once im out.  I could eliminate the bike/van insurance and gas once I'm shipped out, internet could be gone, cell I'd pretty much need to keep, too much of a convenience.  Unfortunately my strata doesnt allow rentals, but I think theres a bc strata council bylaw that supersedes a specific law defined by our council, which would allow a family member to rent off me...and my sister is wanting to move out soon so that could work.  Could someone explain to me what kinds of expenses I can expect as a full time infanteer?  I wanna work this out down to the dollar, cause I really want to make it work.

dothedr3w said:
Could someone explain to me what kinds of expenses I can expect as a full time infanteer? 

The same expenses as a full-time garbageman.....WTF do you think !!!!

Dear lord  ::)

dothedr3w said:
.....  Could someone explain to me what kinds of expenses I can expect as a full time infanteer?  I wanna work this out down to the dollar, cause I really want to make it work.

Beer...taxi....pizza....repeat

dothedr3w said:
well I cant sell the home cause I just bought it, and if i were to sell it right away I'd lose a whole crap load of money to stupid fees....plus it's a nice place and really want to live there once im out.  I could eliminate the bike/van insurance and gas once I'm shipped out, internet could be gone, cell I'd pretty much need to keep, too much of a convenience.  Unfortunately my strata doesnt allow rentals, but I think theres a bc strata council bylaw that supersedes a specific law defined by our council, which would allow a family member to rent off me...and my sister is wanting to move out soon so that could work.  Could someone explain to me what kinds of expenses I can expect as a full time infanteer?  I wanna work this out down to the dollar, cause I really want to make it work.

No extra expenses.  You may need to buy Kit once in awhile but nothing that will break the bank.  Goodies for the field, few extra pieces of clothing and maybe a piece of kit for your Tac Vest or Two.  If you have any other questions PM me.    :)

The same expenses as a full-time garbageman.....WTF do you think !!!!
dude im obviously talking about military specific expenses....use your head.

According the the Forces website the base salary for a first year Private is 2585...which is $1292.50 every 2 weeks.  I just want to know how much I will walk away with in my pocket every 2 weeks!!  I don't know how much EI, CPP, Tax, will take from that.  On top of that I'll obviously be getting medical coverage, how much is that?  I am a single male and own a home, I've heard someone mention owning a home exempts me from paying $80/mo or something to live on base, and I've also heard that by being married or having a common law (how long of a relationship defines common law??) will result in more money per check.  How much are rations?

You're asking the wrong people.  Call the CFRC, or better yet just walk into one and I'm sure someone there can help you with your situation.

dothedr3w said:
I don't know how much EI, CPP, Tax, will take from that. 

If you are asking people here how much those will be you will get 13 different answers. One for each province and territory.

On top of that I'll obviously be getting medical coverage, how much is that?

ZERO

How much are rations?

Depends on what base you are on

dothedr3w said:
dude im obviously talking about military specific expenses....use your head.

According the the Forces website the base salary for a first year Private is 2585...which is $1292.50 every 2 weeks.  I just want to know how much I will walk away with in my pocket every 2 weeks!!  I don't know how much EI, CPP, Tax, will take from that.  On top of that I'll obviously be getting medical coverage, how much is that?  I am a single male and own a home, I've heard someone mention owning a home exempts me from paying $80/mo or something to live on base, and I've also heard that by being married or having a common law (how long of a relationship defines common law??) will result in more money per check.  How much are rations?

You'll walk away with $870 in your pocket apparently according to your buddy who has made it to Battalion. Medical coverage is nothing. Owning a home exempts you from paying for quarters, go see the clerks with proof of your ownership and you will not be billed for it. Common law relationships are defined as 1 year of living together (with proof). If you are common law (or married), you will not pay for rations either, and will get separation expense, which is a couple hundred bucks a month. Until she moves to be with you.

Run away gun said:
You'll walk away with $870 in your pocket apparently according to your buddy who has made it to Battalion. Medical coverage is nothing. Owning a home exempts you from paying for quarters, go see the clerks with proof of your ownership and you will not be billed for it. Common law relationships are defined as 1 year of living together (with proof). If you are common law (or married), you will not pay for rations either, and will get separation expense, which is a couple hundred bucks a month. Until she moves to be with you.

All subject to you having filled the stipulations for each. 

I'd like to go PPCLI so what would the rations cost in either Shilo or Edmonton.  Also how much do quarters cost in either of those place?

dothedr3w said:
I'd like to go PPCLI so what would the rations cost in either Shilo or Edmonton.  Also how much do quarters cost in either of those place?

What you would "like" and what you will get have a good chance of being 2 different things.

Back