• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

SIC Scale of Issue/Entitlements (merged)

ArmySailor said:
The nature of our job and component makes us a lower priority and this should be understood by our branch. It does not make us lesser officers (despite some people's needs to feel that way) but one with different priorities, functions and tasks. 

Totally Agreed.... not sure what Corps / Sqns you people work with where this attitude isn't the overwhelming majority.

ArmySailor said:
If that means the suptech hands generation 1 Cadpat to me and some new pants to the pres member next to me? I'm just happy I have pants!

Now that is the attitude of the officers I've worked with. We're all quite pleased with our Gen 1 CADPAT. 

ArmySailor said:
And that the suptech didn't throw them at my head some guy did one time that I had to get a new jacket because it ripped on some left over barbed wire.

Okay IMHO you're a little too easygoing when it comes to counterservice.

For the record: COATS are not PRes.  Different sub-components of the Reserve Force.  Anyone who claims otherwise needs to re-read the CFAOs...

myself.only said:
Totally Agreed.... not sure what Corps / Sqns you people work with where this attitude isn't the overwhelming majority.

Now that is the attitude of the officers I've worked with. We're all quite pleased with our Gen 1 CADPAT. 

Okay IMHO you're a little too easygoing when it comes to counterservice.
[/quote

Not necessarily my corps but I have seen it happen - I have worked at several CSTCs, the HQ level, etc. We are our own worst enemy in many ways.

Not too easygoing ,just know when to pick a battle and when not to.  Sometimes its best to  let the chain of command deal with things in a more appropriate setting.  My dealings with supply folks have been overwhelmingly positive other than the one occasion. There's a difference between asking if one is entitled (and asking if one is entitled as per scale of issue, why it is not being issued) and demanding that a suptech issue it to you.

ArmySailor said:
... There's a difference between asking if one is entitled (and asking if one is entitled as per scale of issue, why it is not being issued) and demanding that a suptech issue it to you.  , or lying to get something you're not entitled to.

Finished that off for you; Bang on the point.  :)

Well it seems we're all in agreement with what is the appropriate approach.
But I can't speak for CSTCs and HQ staff, hopefully someone there would be providing clear guidance on this.  And I don't mean the sup techs, I mean the supervisors of these CIC officers.

ArmyVern, with so few CIC having access to DIN I'm afraid you'll be stuck having a monopoly of information WRT entitlements and when operational personnel have been taken care of and CIC can get issued any specific piece of kit.

And somewhat more in line with the original topic, at least I can rest assured that if in due course I get my hands on the ICU, well by then maybe it'll be clear whether or not I should blouse the pants.  ;D

myself.only said:
Well it seems we're all in agreement with what is the appropriate approach.
But I can't speak for CSTCs and HQ staff, hopefully someone there would be providing clear guidance on this.  And I don't mean the sup techs, I mean the supervisors of these CIC officers.

ArmyVern, with so few CIC having access to DIN I'm afraid you'll be stuck having a monopoly of information WRT entitlements and when operational personnel have been taken care of and CIC can get issued any specific piece of kit.

Well, would it surprise you to learn that most of the jr members of the RegF infantry don't have access either; that's why there's little inventions called printers and circ slips ... for those supervisors that you mentioned to use.  Most places still post a hard copy of routine orders onto their boards as well.  ;)

ArmyVern said:
Well, would it surprise you to learn that most of the jr members of the RegF infantry don't have access either; that's why there's little inventions called printers and circ slips ... for those supervisors that you mentioned to use.  Most places still post a hard copy of routine orders onto their boards as well.  ;)
The problem is getting that information out to the Class A contingent at corps and squadrons: very hit and miss whether relevant CANFORGENS and the like make it (on implementation) from the DWAN to anything accessible by the Class A member or remain anywhere easy to reference.

Thats why we have O Gps - to pass on information and orders.

quadrapiper said:
The problem is getting that information out to the Class A contingent at corps and squadrons: very hit and miss whether relevant CANFORGENS and the like make it (on implementation) from the DWAN to anything accessible by the Class A member or remain anywhere easy to reference.

Jim Seggie said:
Thats why we have O Gps - to pass on information and orders.

Even if Det staff held OGps, I don't think there'd be many Corps / sqns that could send a rep to travel into the city to HQ during the day to receive the info.

myself.only said:
Even if Det staff held OGps, I don't think there'd be many Corps / sqns that could send a rep to travel into the city to HQ during the day to receive the info.
Ever hear of the telephone?

I'm sorry friends (CIC folks).  I'm not buying the "i don't know what we're entitled to", "that information doesnt make it to me".  Our trade is unique sometimes from the stand point of comms, if we just sat around and waited for some of this information to make it to our LHQ level, we would still be waiting.  I know the scales are readily distributed in Ontario (not through DWAN) and the last time when i wasn't sure about something, i emailed my C of C and asked for the latest scale and had it in 5 minutes, it's your own due dilligence.

cheers,

PV

PViddy said:
I'm sorry friends (CIC folks).  I'm not buying the "i don't know what we're entitled to", "that information doesnt make it to me".  Our trade is unique sometimes from the stand point of comms, if we just sat around and waited for some of this information to make it to our LHQ level, we would still be waiting.  I know the scales are readily distributed in Ontario (not through DWAN) and the last time when i wasn't sure about something, i emailed my C of C and asked for the latest scale and had it in 5 minutes, it's your own due dilligence.

cheers,

PV

That reeks of responsibility or something!

I hope others can follow your example, but the excuses seem to win out

PViddy said:

cheers,

PV

Well, that's not been my experience in Ontario at all.

But my point was if a CIC officer enters clothing stores looking for an item that he or she is not entitled to, it might just be an honest inquiry rather than a scheme or trick because they should know better.

ArmyVern said:

Well with the supervisors of the CIC officers lying about their branch to get what they're not entitled to, I think it's ethics not info that is in short supply and leadership they need. 
Printers, boards and circ slips notwithstanding.

ArmyVern said:

You mean that random printed piece of knowledge that no one pays attention to? Just because it's posted up doesn't mean people take personal initiative to look.

bananaman said:
You mean that random printed piece of knowledge that no one pays attention to? Just because it's posted up doesn't mean people take personal initiative to look.

The one that is a "Chargeable Offence" not to have read.

George Wallace said:
The one that is a "Chargeable Offence" not to have read.

ahahahahaha.  Would love to see that one.  Just a sec I have to laugh some more about how silly that sounds.

Back