• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sgt.'s Miok & Taylor, Cpl. McCormack, Pte. Chidley and Michelle Lang-Dec 30/09

Thoughts and prayers to the families of our fallen and Michelle Lang, may you rest in peace, gone but never forgotten

:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :piper:

CRAP!!!!
RIP to the fallen, and our thoughts and prayers to those left behind.

My sincere condolences.

Condolences to the family, friends and colleagues of the fallen.  :'(

RIP Heroes.  Sincerest condolences to family, friends and comrades of the fallen.

Chimo!

Prayers and condolences to the families of the fallen soldiers and the Lang family. :salute:

This is very terrible, wasn't prepared to hear that when I turned on the news. I hope that they may all rest in peace, it must be very hard on the families, even more so since this will most likely negatively impact their future holidays.

EDITED

Longer statement by the GG following the release of the names of the fallen.

Message - Deaths of four soldiers and one journalist
December 31, 2009

Message from Her Excellency the Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean, Governor General and Commander-in-Chief of Canada, on the occasion of the deaths of four Canadian Soldiers and Canadian journalist Michelle Lang

OTTAWA—We have once again been hit with devastating news and cannot imagine a worse ending to the year. Four of our Canadian soldiers, Private Garrett William Chidley, a member of the 2nd Battalion Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry, based in Shilo, Manitoba; Corporal Zachery McCormack, a member of the Loyal Edmonton Regiment, 4th Battalion Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry, based in Edmonton, Alberta; Sergeant George Miok, a member of 41 Combat Engineer Regiment, based in Edmonton, Alberta; Sergeant Kirk Taylor, a member of 84 Independent Field Battery, Royal Canadian Artillery, based in Yarmouth, Nova Scotia; and Michelle Lang, a journalist with the Calgary Herald, were killed Wednesday when their armoured vehicle hit an improvised explosive device during a patrol four kilometres south of Kandahar. Four more soldiers and an official member of Canada’s civilian personnel were also injured in this attack.

This new tragedy is shocking. It reminds us of the underhanded, blind, daily violence facing our Canadian soldiers, journalists and humanitarian workers in Afghanistan, who are working alongside the local population already hard hit by decades of terror.

Whether they are soldiers so bravely answering the call and giving their all to protect and secure communities in danger, or journalists who also take risks to inform us and keep us up to date on what is happening on the ground, these men and women all share a desire to help, in their own way and at the height of their profession, build peace in this troubled region of the world.

May the families, loved ones and colleagues of the deceased, all inconsolable right now, know that Canadians stand by you, that our thoughts are with you, and that you are not alone. The entire country joins those left behind in their mourning. We also wish the injured a swift recovery.

Michaëlle Jean

- 30 -

Media information
Julie Rocheleau
Rideau Hall Press Office
613-998-7280
jrocheleau@gg.ca

www.gg.ca
www.citizenvoices.gg.ca

Thoughts and prayers to the families of the fallen and the wounded. 
I know families, friends and other soldiers often find their way to this website during middle of the night internet searches and I want you to know your loved ones will NEVER be forgotten, may they rest in peace 
:salute: :cdn:
Thanks to everyone that takes the time to post a message in these forums.

Can someone please PM the names once they are released? I have very good friends with the unit they are deployed with. My prayers hope they are ok and my thoughts and condolences go to the families. May their souls rest in peace.

"And When He Gets To Heaven,
To Saint Peter He Will Tell;
One More soldier Reporting Sir,
I've Served My Time In Hell"

My love to my brothers in arms.

Four ISAF soldiers from Canada and one Canadian reporter were killed in an IED strike in Kandahar province, Dec. 30.

The incident occurred 4 km south of Kandahar City at approximately 4 p.m., as a result of an improvised explosive device attack on an armoured vehicle during a patrol.

"We are deeply saddened by this tragic loss of life. Their commitment to the mission and to the Afghan people is a tremendous example for the rest of us," said Navy Capt. Jane Campbell, IJC spokesperson. "Their sacrifice will not be forgotten, and our thoughts and prayers are with the families at this very difficult time."

The names of the soldiers are being withheld pending notification of next-of-kin.

http://www.isaf.nato.int/en/article/press-releases/four-isaf-soldiers-1-canadian-civilian-killed-in-ied-strike-in-southern-afghanistan.html

our condolences to the families and friends of the fallen.......our thoughts and prayers are with you....... :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends of the recent fallen.  Semper Fi.  :salute: :cdn:

I feel a tremendous wave of pain when I hear that another soldier has been killed overseas. When I hear that it's four I just don't know what to think, I have a few friends overseas and every time that I hear this type of sad news I just don't know how to feel other than tremendous sadness for the loss of them and for the pain that their families must be feeling.

You all have done your duty. Thank you for your sacrifice.

And may those who are left serving overseas, please keep safe.

R.I.P  :army:

I was shocked to read the news this morning. 
My condolences to family and friends to the slain soldiers and journalist.

RIP soldiers

RIP Michelle Lang

:'(

Back