• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

(SGT?) Franck Gervais (split from Walts, posers)

cryco said:
When veterans wear their uniforms, say for remembrance day, do they require permission?
This guy's offence is for wearing a combination of stuff he hasn't earned/wasn't a part of, or just wearing the uniform as a ex-military/civilian, even if everything he wore made sense?

Yes they do, most though prefer to wear blazer with unit crest, tie, or a nice jacket with headress and medals if so entitled. As to what this individual's "offence" is exactly, aside from a confirmed CC section 419 violation for the unauthorized MB, the rest is still under investigation by several sources as noted.

General Disorder said:
Infantry Sgt in The RCR without sash?  Walt.
RCR Sgt with maroon beret but no brigade or div patches means he's not in 3 RCR.
He's not at the Canadian Army Advanced Warfare Centre. 

These two things mean "Walt"

Cyprus ribbon with NATO medal?  Walt.

Waltasaurus Rex :)

I rewatched the CBC interview...he did have a 2 CMBG patch on his shoulder - caught a glimpse of it as he wandered away.  Odd how he'd remembered his red sash (on wrong) for that wedding picture (with an armoured regt's brass on) but not with his wannabe RCR Para Coy get up.  Bad researcher  :nod:

Be interesting to see what happens if the Airborne Association finds him before the CBC and or the Police do...

MM

X_para76 said:
https://www.facebook.com/#!/franck.gervais.9?fref=ts
An update - as of this post, this site doesn't seem to be working - tick, tick, tick ....
AnimatedStopwatch.gif

Sheep Dog AT said:
http://www.gg.ca/honour.aspx?id=80605&t=3&ln=Gervais

Same guy?

Besides the names not matching, Franck vs Roy; doing the math, not likely.  That was 16 years ago.  What age did he have posted on his FB page?  He would have been a whole ten years  of age or so.

cudmore said:
Folks,
I'm working on a story about this guy.  Please feel free to send me any intel/info.  I'm also looking for an ex-RCR pathfinder who would be willing to go on the record and help me establish how we know he's not a soldier.
Best,
James
james.cudmore@cbc.ca

For those not following this on other means and internet forums, James is looking to interview SME's from RCR, Airborne and/or medals for his coverage of these infractions and possible criminal acts.

One of the DND Employees I work with (ex-Tel Op Sgt) saw someone on the bus yesterday heading to South Keys after the ceremony downtown yesterday.  He was a early 20's "soldier", by his rank a no hook Pte, wearing a SOF beret.  He had his CD, SWASM with bar and Campaign Star with two rotation bars.  As she had imbibed in a couple of beverages after the ceremony, her husband would not let her confront him.  I will get the name off his name tag from her tomorrow.

211RadOp said:
One of the DND Employees I work with (ex-Tel Op Sgt) saw someone on the bus yesterday heading to South Keys after the ceremony downtown yesterday.  He was a early 20's "soldier", by his rank a no hook Pte, wearing a SOF beret.  He had his CD, SWASM with bar and Campaign Star with two rotation bars.  As she had imbibed in a couple of beverages after the ceremony, her husband would not let her confront him.  I will get the name off his name tag from her tomorrow.

Husband Fail!  :nod:

General Disorder said:
Cyprus ribbon with NATO medal?  Walt.

Cyprus (UNFICYP) Medal/Ribbon came with "numerals" ONLY for multiple tours.  Seeing as Canada has not had a significant presence in the mission since 93, the chances of this guy earning it, is slim and nil.

medicineman said:
Be interesting to see what happens if the Airborne Association finds him before the CBC and or the Police do...

MM

AND...his mother-in-law  ;D

:p

I feel sorry for the people he lied to...and this pic shows why he might want to runnnnnnn while he can.  Add anyone from 35 CBG unless my eyes are seeing that Brigade patch incorrectly.

But...if I were him I might be scared of the brides mother the most.  :blotto:

Eye In The Sky said:
AND...his mother-in-law  ;D

Why would the Airborne Association want to find his mother-in-law?

I suppose they could have the good intentions of introducing her daughter to some real soldiers after the divorce.

211RadOp said:

There were a few Army officer types wearing pips&crowns yesterday; is it possible he was an officer (and she didn't check the epaulettes, because no one is used to looking for officer ranks there yet)?  If he went the MilCol route, he could have joined at 16 - and thus be early 20s with a CD and a fair bit of time deployed...

Only Cols and above are authorised to wear the pips and crowns at the moment.  Also, the SWASM qualifying time ended in 2009.

Even if he were a 2nd year Capt at age 26, he would have been wearing rank insignia he is not allowed to yet, and would not have been out of MilCol in time to earn the SWASM.

Not that it makes a substantive difference, but I believe the first medal Sgt(?) Gervais is wearing is the MMV, not MB.  MB has three thin stripes of blue on a maroon field.  MMV is three white stripes on the same maroon.

Update: so it looks like he got married with a MMV, but upgraded to a MB shortly thereafter...maybe he'll upgrade to a VC after his mother-in-law gets done with him? :nod:

G2G

211RadOp said:
Only Cols and above are authorised to wear the pips and crowns at the moment.  Also, the SWASM qualifying time ended in 2009.

Even if he were a 2nd year Capt at age 26, he would have been wearing rank insignia he is not allowed to yet, and would not have been out of MilCol in time to earn the SWASM.

I'm aware of who is authorised to wear pips&crowns, and also know what I saw yesterday - there are some discrepancies.

And I'm proposing a possibility; I'm not saying is a probability. 

211RadOp said:
Only Cols and above are authorised to wear the pips and crowns at the moment.

That certainly didn't stop two Captains sitting in the Kent Street Legion here in Ottawa yesterday. 

dapaterson said:
There were a few Army officer types wearing pips&crowns yesterday; is it possible he was an officer (and she didn't check the epaulettes, because no one is used to looking for officer ranks there yet)?  If he went the MilCol route, he could have joined at 16 - and thus be early 20s with a CD and a fair bit of time deployed...

Naw, the video clearly shows Sgt rank.

Back