• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

September 2008 Reg Force BMQ ALL Loations

Good luck to you!, I leave this Sunday and training starts on the 2nd for me.

I am also going up from Ottawa:)  also the info I have is that we do receive an advance but recomended to bring extra with us.

It seems that quite a few of us are coming from Ottawa.

Who knows, some of us may recognise each other. It will be nice to have other people from the same area though, it will be almost like home......

Hey guys (and gals). :)

I hear that the RC in Ottawa is really busy right now.  I guess they're having fun processing everyone and doing their selection boards.

Dyno - did you get your Borden Joining Instructions when you went in to sign everything or did you have to download it?  The follow-up is do you know of the link to get the Borden package?  I read the one from St. Jean but am curious as to whether there are any differences.  I'd try and poke around to find the link myself at Bordens site, but I'm out in the country and don't have access to high speed.  To say that my internet connection is S-L-O-W would be an understatement. :p

I don't know if this answers your question, but when I called about the package, they said the Borden one wasn't available online...

The Recruiting centre gave us all the instructions as we were finalizing our documents. And I havent been able to find the info online.

Try this link for Borden Joining Instructions

http://www.navy.forces.gc.ca/cms_images/navres_images/units/bmqjoining%20instrjun08.pdf

Thats for the Naval Reserve Training Division.

Thanks for the info folks.  Ya, it's not too big of a deal.  I was just hoping to get them with a little more than 3 days to spare.  I can't see there being too much of a difference between Borden and St. Jean.  I guess we'll find out soon enough.

So I live in Barrie and am going to the September 8th BMQ in Barrie. I am a Naval Electronic Sensor Operator or as it is called NES OP. (Get used to these acronym!lol!) I was doing basic in St Jean but had to vr cause of a family issue. but now am ready to rock and roll. Not quite sure what Borden holds for us but am definitely looking forward to it! ;D

i ask mainly because i get sworn in this month and i am wondering when my reserve bmq would start

grmpz1 said:
i ask mainly because i get sworn in this month and i am wondering when my reserve bmq would start

That is something that your Reserve Unit will have to tell you.  They will first have to process you, get you kitted with uniforms, and also get you issued with a Temporary ID Card.  You may not see a BMQ Crse until late Fall or January.  Until then, they will have indoctrination to do with you.

tovasshi said:
Thats for the Naval Reserve Training Division.

NRTD is the mounting unit for the reg force BMQ crses run through CFB Borden.

As for the earlier question about pay advances, yes it will be available to you in Borden, in fact it will be available to you at any point during your military career once you show up at your BMQ location.

well I leave in just under 24 hours to go to Borden and I have to say that I am excited/nervous/happy/sad. Its all good though because this is the beginning of the rest of my life. To all the guys and Gals going to Borden this month I wish you all the best of Luck and can't wait to meet you all there.  :cdn:

Back