• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

September 2008 Reg Force BMQ ALL Loations

have fun in Borden, if you end up in Normandy PL consider yourself lucky cause its got a great staff

Leaving in about 3/4 hours for st-jean.. its prety the same thing as dyno im realy nervous and excited.. good luck everyone and have fun ! :salute:

Leaving for Borden on the 6th, start on the 8th, and suprise coming from Ottawa

Okay, the package says we have to be there before 8:00 am on Saturday... but someone I talked to in the office said it was 8:00 pm. And the person who gave me the call said it was 8:00 am. So, when are we really supposed to be there?

tovasshi said:
Okay, the package says we have to be there before 8:00 am on Saturday...

You have written orders in hand......carry on.

Once BMQ starts, you wont be able to log on here to question every fucking order you get.  ::)

At any rate, if you arrive at 8am and it turns out that it was supposed to 8pm...........guess what ?

You are early .

If you arrive at 8pm and it was supposed to be 8am, guess what ?

YOU'RE LATE !!!!

There's no need to be rude.

Edit: I called Borden, they said 8:00 pm, no one is supposed to arrive AT ALL before 8:00 am according to the woman I talked to.

I picked up the joining instructions for the bmq at Borden yesterday. I start on Monday. Yay!

Anyways to make a long story short on my joining instructions, not my  orders, it says  and i quote:

" You are to report to NRTD Borden no earlier than 0800 hrs on the Saturday preceding the course and no later than 1000 hrs on the Sunday preceding the course. This will facilitate the clearing in process and get you ready for the following day."

Now my question is who is right. these joining instructions or the people on the forum. is it 10 am or 10 pm?

oyie, if it was 10 pm it would be written as 2200 hrs. We like to use the 24 hr clock.

HA!
thats all i have to say
the instructions are clear,no early than 0800 on sat and no later on 1000 on sun
,so you can go any time in between

but i still have a new question,its a 5hr drive for me,what is the best time to arive at borden <i.e. noon or evening?

cheers

kadrury said:
Now my question is who is right. these joining instructions or the people on the forum. is it 10 am or 10 pm?

0800 hrs = 8:00AM

1000 hrs = 10:00AM

Arrive after 8:00AM Saturday but before 10:00AM Sunday.

The joining instructions (the booklet they gave me) says "Recruits should arrive before 0800 hrs (8:00 am) on Saturday or no later than 1000 hrs (10:00 am) the Sunday prior to the start of the course." The person who handed me the booklet said arrive before 8:00 pm.

I called Borden. They said NO ONE should be arriving before 8:00 am at all. She said arrive *between* 8:00 am Saturday and 10:00 am Sunday.  Apparently the "before" is a typo. Otherwise why would they say "arrive before X or before X"?

She also told me there will be signs posted all around base telling us where to go.

Cant wait to see what questions you ask on here when faced with something complicated...... ::)

Whats your problem? Seriously. Why are you so bloody condescending to new people? Someone made a bad typo on the package. If I'd have followed your advice I would have been screwed. I did my own research, and got the correction. Seriously, what is your problem?

oyie grow some thick skin otherwise you won't last long.

Take it from us, we know.

Calling somewhat out on their behavior doesn't mean I have thin skin. Being in the military doesn't give anyone a free pass at being a jerk to whomever they want.

A little clarification, it has been requested to the CFRG centers to have new recruits coming to CFB Borden on ground two days prior to start of the course.  For example, the up coming course is scheduled to start on Monday, 08 Sep 08, therefore, we would like the trainees settled into barricks on Saturday, 06 Sep 08.  The intake process will start at 1000 hrs on Sunday, 07 Sep 08.

tovasshi said:
Calling somewhat out on their behavior doesn't mean I have thin skin.

I'm sure you mean "someone".

As for the rest, if you used your head a little, i wouldnt have to lose my mine.

Like i said, i cant wait for your next panic.......be careful , they offer more than one meal choice at the mess.

I see, you are one of those guys.

If you think trying to work around a small problem caused by a typo is a "panic" I'd hate to see what your day to day life is like. You must be having meltdowns when you're unable to find your socks. No wonder you're condescending, you're trying to make up for something.

Back