• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

September 2008 Reg Force BMQ ALL Loations

haha .....".be careful , they offer more than one meal choice at the mess."...
when did this turn all emo?

Good thing I read this thread lol, I was told to show up at Borden AFTER 10:00 on Sunday, no earlier.  The end result of that wouldn't have been too good lol.  Guess I'll be showing up on Saturday.  8)

im sure most by now have got there orders
no later than 2000hrs sat for me!!
see you all there !

Got the call today!!  I begin BMQ on September 29th.  Finally, after such a long process, it is happening.  I couldn't be more excited. (although my little sister cried...aww!) And I'm coming from Calgary.

CFLRS St-Jean on Sept 29th coming in from Toronto!

Can't wait to meet you guys.  :salute:

Just curious, what jobs were you offered? I'm going as a med tech.  I can't wait to meet you!

JABAC said:
Just curious, what jobs were you offered? I'm going as a med tech.  I can't wait to meet you!

Armoured Crewman. Here's hoping our instructors don't resemble Gunnery Sergeant Hartman!

JABAC said:

Comm Rsch. I'm totally looking forward to waiting around on PAT for my clearance.  :-\

Congrats to all of you going in on the 29th, just a clarification on a recent post; What you need to bring:
a. Razor and blades
b. Shaving cream
c. Toothbrush and toothpaste
d. Shampoo and soap
e. Deodorant
f. Shower sandals
g. Running shoes (a very good pair and already broken into if at all possible)
h. 5x7 Picture(s) of a loved one
i. White gym socks and underwear
j. Towel and face cloth
k. A good iron (if you don't want to buy a cheap one or use someone else's)
l. A couple of sets of "civvies" and a jacket

Female should bring 2-3 good sports bras as the Canex does not offer a good choice and/or all sizes

And really that's all you need to bring (besides your pocket money and a little extra) because you will be given time to buy all the required stuff at the Canex and they want everybody to be the same.  Bottom line just pack your stuff as you would for going away for the weekend (a short one !).  Don't bring any over the counter medicine as it will be confiscated.

cosein said:
Comm Rsch. I'm totally looking forward to waiting around on PAT for my clearance.  :-\

haha, no PAT for you, PRETC inBorden more likely and that's not until after your BMQ anyhow!

I should be joining you guys on the 29th of September @ CFRLS. I'm recently recovered from an injury(and therefore waiting on the dreaded PAT platoon) and just waiting for here to be an open course here to join.

Buddy336 said:
  Don't bring any over the counter medicine as it will be confiscated.

Does that include allergy meds (Reactine) and Ibuprofen (Advil)?

L2C

Luvs 2 Curl said:
Does that include allergy meds (Reactine) and Ibuprofen (Advil)?

L2C

More than likely.  If you need those meds, they will send you to the MIR (or whatever they call it now) to get it.

Back