• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

September 2008 Reg Force BMQ ALL Loations

commingsoon

Inactive
Reaction score
I am looking to find people that are coming to Borden for a BMQ starting September 2ND 2008. I am going to sign my papers on August 28Th in Fredericton New Brunswick and it would be nice to talk to some people that either come from here or anywhere else!

I hope there is a few.

Hey, I am actually going to Borden for my BMQ as well on the 2nd, signing my papers on the 27th in mississuaga ON, so the base really isnt that far from where I live. Im excited about this whole thing, hopefully it all goes well.

That is wonderful what trade and element are you going as? I won't be very close from home but as long as I can keep in touch it will be fine!

hey also just found out that i am going to borden sept 2nd, reg force navy here, see ya there

I joined Reg force Army Sig op. how about yourself?

I joined as air force RMS Clerk!! This is exciting to see people that are coming!!!
Anybody have tricks to get better at running within the next 2 weeks I need really need good advice??

Try reading the suggestions in some of the topics on "Running" or "Physical Fitness".  There is lots of good advice already posted in those topics.

We now return you to the September BMQ thread.

So I called my CFRC today to inquire about Sept BMQ and I was told that Sept spots are not open yet.  Man, I hate misinformation.  Either on my or her part...because obviously, there are spots open.  I am really hoping to do my BMQ at St Jean not Borden, but either way, it'll be great because I'll be on my way to becoming a soldier!  The recruiter also told me that they will give me at least 2 weeks notice before my training starts so I guess I won't be seeing you all on Sept 2.  Good luck to everyone though, and I hope your experience will be a blast!

Well from what i understand the course for sept 2nd is actually full ( from the looks of things training in Borden doesnt take as many people as ST. jean anyways ), maybe she ment the next course isnt open for enrollment yet.

I will be there as well, Coming in from Ottawa so it will be far enough from home. St.Jean would have been closer for me but I cant complain. Going Infantry Reg. I cant wait......now if only I could quit smoking.......

Nice. I m going in as an Armor crewman on Sep 2nd, I sign my papers on August 28th. Hope to see you guys there. :salute:
picking on the pace for my exercise recently.

I got my call this past friday and I will be joining you in Borden for Sept. 2. I joined as a RMS Clerk-Army.

Are any of you taking the bus out there? and if so when do you actually arrive???

hi, just wondering if anyone knows if Borden gives that pay advance like they do in st.jean and how much cash you should bring with you, thanks

Borden, arriving sept 6, starting on the 8th.

I'm heading out on September 7th to start the course on the 8th.  I'm coming from Ottawa.

What to bring/not to bring
this is the list for BORDEN, St.Jean may be different.

What to bring
-------------------------------
a.Razor and blades
b.Shaving cream.
c.Toothbrush and case
d.toothpaste
e.shampoo
f.deodorant
g.Laundry soap
h. Starch for shirts(e.g.EZ glide)
i.Underwear-minimum of 5 pairs (same style)
j.Shoe shine kit to include,kiwi clothx2,Black Kiwi shoe polish,boot brushx2(soft and stiff), and a case for all of it.
k.lint brush and roller
l.3combination locks
m.10-12 plastic hangers of the same color
n. thread(black white khaki blue and green)and needles in a kit
o.shower sandals- aka athletes foot protection
p.running shoes of your choice(non marking soles)**will be running a lot**dont cheap out on these,get a decent pair.
q.if you wear glasses bring a black safety band for them
r.bathing suit-NO SPEEDO STYLE ONES!!!
s.5x7 picture frame, it says optional but really recommended.Bring a pic of the wife or kids, or mom.
t. sports gear.....I tried to get clarification on what this means but didnt get too far. maybe jogging suit/running shorts ect.
u.3 pairs of white gym socks------bring more
v. Iron-optional... if you cant afford one or forget I am sure your buddy will lend you theirs.
w. towel
x. face cloth.

Female recruits are to bring these as well:
a.2 sports bras for Physicall education
b.hair net
c.Hair clips
d. one peice bathing suit (conservative in style)

What not to bring
--------------------------------------
a.walkmans
b.knives
c.scissors
d.cherished valuables
e.radios
f.stereos
h.computers laptops or accessories

*****a clock radio will be provided

Thanks for posting this Dyno.  I swear in on the 4th and leave on the 7th.  It'll be a mad dash to get some shopping done. :)

Back