• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"Send Up The Count" [Please read and send out the word]

muskrat89 said:
Send Up The Count has gone out from Dominion HQ to every ANAVETS Unit in the country...
Belated well done!
Danjanou said:
And totally ignored by the Royal Canadian Legion  ::)
Maybe that'll change after they see it on TV?  ;)
Brihard said:
SEND UP THE COUNT: CTV News Interview, Saturday 7 December

Send Up The Count has been contacted by CTV news, and will be doing a live interview tomorrow, Sautrday 7 December, for national broadcast with anchor Brad Giffen. C.F. veteran Brian Harding, one of the people behind 'send up the count', will be on air explaining what the initiative is, why it's important, what we're asking veterans to do and the response that we've received.

The interview will be at or shortly after 3 PM Eastern Time, or 12 Noon Pacific. This is an important opportunity to help spread the word farther, and to generate interest among veterans in contacting their buddies and finding those slipping through the cracks so they can become success stories in overcoming the challenges that have been causing them to suffer.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/453918921380630/
Good stuff!

Danjanou said:
And totally ignored by the Royal Canadian Legion  ::)

Brian ggod to hear re the CTV interview

Thanks. BC/Yukon command out a blurb on their website and Twitter I think.

Most importantly- we have a confirmed life saved out of this. An injured and released vet who was going to kill himself did not as a result of seeing so many people opening up. He did not, and called his padre instead. He told me this first hand and have me permission to mention it.

All the work is well worth it.

Brihard said:
Most importantly- we have a confirmed life saved out of this. An injured and released vet who was going to kill himself did not as a result of seeing so many people opening up. He did not, and called his padre instead. He told me this first hand and have me permission to mention it.

Good to hear.

Brihard said:
Twitter for sure.

Bri - If one person's life is saved from this then it's a success.  BZ!

Brihard said:

Fucking good on ye!!!!

I saw this movement explode over the last few days, and to hear that it has done some good to at least one of our brothers is outstanding.

Hopefully, there are more that We can do some good for as well.

The Ruxted Group said:
If nothing else works, call 9-1-1 and explain what you're going through, or what whoever you're worried about is going through.  Someone there will help you.

For 9-1-1 callers in Toronto, there is a "Warm Transfer Line".

The Distress Centre has a partnership with Toronto EMS in the provision of a dedicated line for at risk callers. When callers have provided their location, the dispatcher transfers the call to the Distress Centre for support until paramedics arrive ( if required ).

Also, on subway platforms, callers can push the blue button on the payphones. They are then assessed for their level of risk, and a decision is made as to whether Transit Control should cut the power to the third rail. 

There are also hotlines on the Bloor Viaduct.

Brihard said:

"From caring comes courage."
Lao Tzu

Strike said:
Bri - If one person's life is saved from this then it's a success.  BZ!

:ditto:

I know Brihard will protest that he didn't do it alone, and while that's true ~ we never do much that's really worthwhile alone, do we? ~ he took the initiative, he took the lead and that's what made it all happen. BZ, indeed!

E.R. Campbell said:
I know Brihard will protest that he didn't do it alone, and while that's true ~ we never do much that's really worthwhile alone, do we? ~ he took the initiative, he took the lead and that's what made it all happen. BZ, indeed!
:nod:

I co-taught a first aid course today at an army reserve unit and the CO (on course) insisted the CSR chapter be covered.

With the most instructional experience, I took the lead on covering it and drove home the message
to look out for each other, speak up and the help, support is there.

kratz said:
I co-taught a first aid course today at an army reserve unit and the CO (on course) insisted the CSR chapter be covered.

With the most instructional experience, I took the lead on covering it and drove home the message
to look out for each other, speak up and the help, support is there.

Send up the count  :salute:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1055930

Good job, Brihard.

-----

Edited at add: And thanks to CTV News for helping to tell Canadians about this.

E.R. Campbell said:
Good job, Brihard.

-----

What he said.  :nod:

E.R. Campbell said:

Good job, Brihard.

-----

I echo both sentiments!  :salute:

E.R. Campbell said:

Good job, Brihard.

-----

Fantastic!  :nod:

We see what is happening here and on Facebook; I thought I would share a glimpse of what else is going on at the grassroots level. I spoke with my parents today who are both very active in Unit #95 ANAVETS. As you may recall, Dominion HQ has sent "Send Up The Count" to Units all across Canada. Anyway, Unit #95 e-mailed it to every member; understanding that not all of their members are into e-mail or Facebook, they are handing out hard copies to all members at the next meeting. It has also been circulated to the Town Police Department and Ambulance service, RCMP Detachment (who were also sending it to Division HQ in Fredericton), 89th Field Battery (the local Militia Unit) and lots of other entities as well. It has been well-received and everyone involved is actively distributing through their respective networks...

Back