• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Self Evaluation and Preparing for Fitness Test & Course.

I'm 5.8 and I believe I am about 117 lbs no idea about my fat%
I know I'm slightly underweight for a female but I'm gonna be honest
I always had a good appetite... and NO i do not follow some sort of  diet to get slim and never did
so I don't think IL get any bigger because I already eat pretty healthy

I dont mean in my previous post that I am a couch potato.. I move a lot.. but never went to a gym before

Just a question for anyone that has completed or has been nominated for the Basic Para course.

I know the standard for the Pre Para course PT test is
: 7 Chinups
: 33 situps
:and a 1.6km run in 7 min.

But how competitive would my numbers be:

~ 15-25 Chinups
~ 50 situps or more
~and the run in about 6.5min for the 1.6km.

I just worried that those numbers wont be good enough. Any other insight would be helpful aswell.

Thanks.

Push ups.....I have had a very hard time with these for the past few years.  I t seems I have developed a nagging tendon issue or other gremlin that makes my wrist joint in my left arm hurt like a bugger when pressure is applied when down in the prone pushup position.  funny thing is it does not bother me at all any other time except when the hand is pushed back as is required during pushups. 

I do not know if wearing a wrist brace or some kind of tensor wrap will be accepted at CFLRS during testing.  Anyone else have this kind of problem, and how was it overcome.  trying hard to improve my number of pushups but after 15 or so it gets too painful to push through.

d_edwards said:
Push ups.....I have had a very hard time with these for the past few years.  I t seems I have developed a nagging tendon issue or other gremlin that makes my wrist joint in my left arm hurt like a bugger when pressure is applied when down in the prone pushup position.  funny thing is it does not bother me at all any other time except when the hand is pushed back as is required during pushups. 

I wouldn't be trying to do BMQ with an injury like that already, you'll be at the MIR first day. Pushups are a big part of recruit training, lots of pain doing them will just add to the stress of your course. Go see your doctor and get it checked out.

Need to post this.
Why do you guys say "U need to be able to run 5km 3 times a week t be able to pass the exam"?

I tried doing the fitness test myself and run the required distance in 11 minutes (1 minute faster than the required time)
So, whats the point say for me to run so much anymore? (I don't see it)

Also, I noticed people give a lot f advice to run run  run, but I think doing strength training is just as important and sometimes an even better method for improving not only strength, but also cardio.

The CF likes to run. A better question for you is, do you want to show up to BMQ with the minimum standard, or actually be fit enough to complete training? You don't get to run 5km and then do nothing all day afterwards to recover.

PuckChaser said:
The CF likes to run. A better question for you is, do you want to show up to BMQ with the minimum standard, or actually be fit enough to complete training? You don't get to run 5km and then do nothing all day afterwards to recover.

:ditto:

There's also the question: are you going to spend your whole career doing the minimum requirements for everything? A very poor outlook for someone who wants to be a member of the CAF.

Back