• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Scary black guns for legal sale.

Strike said:
Not black, but hubby just bought an SKS.  We just finished cleaning all the grease off it.  I'm no longer scared to touch it with my bare hands.  ;D

A Chinese or Russian SKS?

Got my "new to me" tripod for my 1919 this week....gonna go play tomorrow!

recceguy said:
There seems to be a lot of trouble (hangups, FTE, FTF) with those. I don't have any personal experience with one though.

However, my KelTec KSG holds 15 rounds (2 3/4") in two mag tubes. 24 if I use the Aguila 1 3/4" Minishells, and hasn't had a single hiccup in the approx 1000 shells put through it so far. It's even fun to shoot skeet with using my EOTech on it. It is also quite a bit shorter and less bulky than the UTS. It's also true ambidextris, ejecting out the bottom.

One day I'll take a picture of my own.

Their is quite a waiting period for a KelTec KSG right? 

I find it ridiculous that my Jaeger .22 with a 15 shot magazine is restricted, yet I can have a 12-gauge with a 15 round magazine non-restricted. Who ever made these so called "gun laws" should be fired. Just because a gun even remotely resembles "That black machine-gun thing that the army uses" doesn't mean it should be restricted... especially when you can get a Ruger 10/22 with a 50-round magazine that's non-restricted. Even just thinking about these nuisance laws makes my head hurt.  :facepalm:

Never, ever, apply logic to our gun laws. These laws were written by non gun people, vetted by some police official who's assumed knowledge of guns was a course of fire with a .38special revolver 20 years before. All with the intent on finding any loophole possible to remove guns from law abiding Canadians.

After seeing the pick of the Kriss Vector earlier in the post, I had to get one... "But Hun, it fell into my trunk"  I was home on two weeks leave and bought 3 guns. The best part is that it is non restricted... so I walked out of the store with it :)

Kriss Vector in .45 ACP, Bushnell Holosight, Fab Defense grip/bi-pod, Surefire light, Glock 21 10/30 round magazines.

482528_10152571030210537_1616118198_n.jpg
\

Cheers
Pop

ObedientiaZelum said:
Glad I could help  ;)

Thank OZ, we can go to the indoor range on a Wed night during their pistol shoot and ask is we can zero our Glocks... then pull out the Kriss  aka "Thumper" and my KPOS... and watch their heads explode....

KPOS kit for Glock 17/19/34/35... with Burris FastFire II sight.  I do have to zero both of these as well as my Colt AR 15 match competition and also test fire a few pistols (10) :)

554012_10152578860770537_19845386_n.jpg

Cheers
Pop

For those interested in the KRISS, I'd consider a less expensive, non-res, pistol calibre carbine, such as the JR carbine which has ARish ergos:

6436.jpg

OR

For those wanting the perfect gun to throw under the seat of the truck:

3562d1337486170-beastlys-sub-2000-build-img00476-20120519-2223.jpg

719056_01_kel_tec_sub_2000_9mm_glock_640.jpg

DirtyDog said:
For those interested in the KRISS, I'd consider a less expensive, non-res, pistol calibre carbine, such as the JR carbine which has ARish ergos:

For those wanting the perfect gun to throw under the seat of the truck:

3562d1337486170-beastlys-sub-2000-build-img00476-20120519-2223.jpg

As long as you remember to put the EOTech on the top rail after you unfold it ;)

;D

It appears that the rail can be rotated after unfolding. I not the much heavier duty front sight as well. I find mine adequate, but not a relaible gun at high volumes, very picky about ammo and starts to extract poorly after about 200rds.

Anyone have any experience/comments/knowledge of the T97 NSR?

http://www.theammosource.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2118

Robert0288 said:

The RCMP still haven't issued a FRT# for it yet, as far as I know. They are still not available for import or sale until they do.

Robert0288 said:

I thought I saw on the gunnutz site back in the spring it was deemed non restricted. Your best bet thought I would say is contact the RCMP/CFO

It's too bad the SCAR was deemed prohibited.  And strange too how the ACR is just restricted.

I'm thinking of picking up the XCR-M in .308 
XCRMSBR1.jpg

After dealing with weird range rules, range elitism and also range cancellations when it's not an open range having  non-restricted rifles is really appealing to me.

Beautiful rifle, but the price tag of $2,600+ on average is a bit too much to take.  The new Norinco type-97 for under $1k is a little easier to take, the major downsides being the bullpup style and fixed carrying handle on the top.

ObedientiaZelum said:
It's too bad the SCAR was deemed prohibited.  And strange too how the ACR is just restricted.

I'm thinking of picking up the XCR-M in .308 
XCRMSBR1.jpg

After dealing with weird range rules, range elitism and also range cancellations when it's not an open range having  non-restricted rifles is really appealing to me.

Looks good, Probably has a good shoulder kick ala FN C1

Back