• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Royal Marines Recruiting Ad

The CF needs to display ads showing recruits and soldiers going through the hardest training the average civilian could possibly think of.

Instead of showing someone looking around on a ship with some bino's, we should see clips of sleep deprived soldiers crawling in the mud with tracers flaying inches from their bodies and artysims blowing up everywhere.

To have a really effective recruiting campaign, the commercials will need to evoke emotions and a sense of elitism,,, everthing else, Tradition, Pride, Honor and Courage can be developed in boot camp and is a constant throughout ones military career,  Think about these ads,,,

Royal Marines "99.99% need not apply"  states basically that you are not even good enough to apply

US Army "Army of One" to me it says the Army is one (whole and complete) or maybe every soldier is the Army???

US Army "Be all that you can be"  your best effort will be brought out in the army

US Air Force "Aim High"  set your sights high,

US Navy "You and Navy Full Speed Ahead"  with the Navy you can Accelerate your life???

US Marines "Do you have what it takes to be One of the FEW, THE PROUD, THE MARINES?"  Asks a question, but it is more of challenge

Now these are only my interpretations of Recruiting Ads,  The the reason the Royal Marines ad is so good that it will evoke emotion and elitism in its target audience, instead of a recruiter trying to convince the applicant to sign up,,,, the applicant has to convince the recruiter he is that 00.01%

Steven Ghazi

The Royal Marine add is perfect at targeting the sort of person they are looking for. People who will push themselves, who will not quit because of temp pain or discomfort, those who will complete the mission. They are weeding out the people that look at that stat (99.99%) and say I'm not hard core enough.It's f-ing brilliant!!
The CF will never campain like that, they are happy to fill the holes with anyone that walks into a recruiting centre. Besides we don't have any elite units besides the SHHH jtf2. The CAR attracted that calibre recruit. Having an aggressive unit like that is not PC.The fiberals see us as peacekeepers not peacemakers. Great ad. By the way the CF adds feature troops running around not really doing anything and the couple of infantry troops you see are not even armed.

m_a_r_c said:
where is the link for the ad??? it may just be my computer but i dont see the link for it anywhere??

Try this
http://www.royal-navy.mod.uk/static/pages/141.html
scroll down to "featured videos" and click on "ROYAL MARINES"

Hi, Ive downloaded the ad, but have so far failed to run it. Neither Quick Time nor RealPlayer seem to be able to play it. Is there another way or another link to download from a version that works? Tnx and best regards to all!

Awsome Video, that video made me so pumped....lol

Candian forces should create an add similar to that and what is currently out their and show both aspects, the rough and tough elite part and the current parts.

Back