• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks muse, just making sure.

No calls here yet, despite all the time waiting at the phone...I'm not sure if anyone around here got a phone call yet...

There have been alot more civvie U offers than RMC offers. I wonder what's up with that.

Hi fellas,

I have been keeping an eye on this thread for a few weeks and appreciate all the info; although, I'm sure some of you will agree, it has been slightly misleading at times.

I was tossed aside by the first selection board, but I am still under consideration for the second round. If I had not emailed my case manager, directly, then I would not have received any information regarding my application status until mid-April. So, like many of you guys and gals, I would still be waiting for a phone call or letter that would, ultimately, not be coming for at least another month or so.

I would suggest contacting your particular case manager/recruiter if you have yet to receive an offer or rejection: It certainly beats checking your messages five times a day for a call that might not be coming for another month.

Regards.

Thanks everyone for the good information in the thread.

My son who is now Gr12 in secondary school received a phone call from local CFRC in western Ontario today at 1:30 pm and was accepted ROTP at RMC for serving of as a aerospace engineer.

I would appreciate all of the information and wish you the best of luck in the near future.

Radius said:
Here's a question for all those that were accepted into ROTP at civvie U; Were you told that you were going to do IAP this summer or some other training?

I was just informed that 59 anglophone (no problem with franco's) current first years (Kingston and St-Jean) and prep years will not be able to go on course this summer for our BMOQ due to a lack of instructors/room. Therefore, I wouldn't hold your breath on getting to do basic this summer even if they changed the policy on when you do basic.

I have no idea on whether the Civi U ROTP types will get to do basic this summer or not.

I was informed that I'll be contacted again in June/July for the official offer. So there's no time left after that for training before Civy U.

My son who is now Gr12 in secondary school received a phone call from local CFRC in western Ontario today at 1:30 pm and was accepted ROTP at RMC for serving of as a aerospace engineer.

My congrats. :salute: I originally applied for that but accepted an offer to RMC for land engineering. I received no other information in the call other than that I have no basic this summer but to come in mid August. I was also told as a side not that a few dorms are being renovated, but that isn't particularly important.

I was accepted on Friday for Civy U, lands ops.  I already have first year university done and I was also told I won't be doing basic training this summer.  They told me my enrollment ceremony will be sometime near the end of August.  This is from Charlottetown, PEI.  I already posted here saying all of this but I have a question.  On the letter they sent me it said I was accepted as land engineering, I called and talked to them and they said it was a mistake and it is supposed to be land operations as I applied for infantry, artillery and armour.  I'm still a little worried, if my recruiting centre told me it is a mistake, they would know right? 

Rgallant13 said:
I was accepted on Friday for Civy U, lands ops.  I already have first year university done and I was also told I won't be doing basic training this summer.  They told me my enrollment ceremony will be sometime near the end of August.  This is from Charlottetown, PEI.  I already posted here saying all of this but I have a question.  On the letter they sent me it said I was accepted as land engineering, I called and talked to them and they said it was a mistake and it is supposed to be land operations as I applied for infantry, artillery and armour.  I'm still a little worried, if my recruiting centre told me it is a mistake, they would know right?

Do you know the first thing about contracts?  When you go into the CFRC to sign your offer......READ IT VERY CAREFULLY ...........ASK QUESTIONS if you have to............DON'T SIGN ANYTHING YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH......MAKE SURE YOUR NAME IS SPELLED CORRECTLY..........MAKE SURE THAT THE OFFER THAT THEY GIVE YOU IS WHAT YOU WANT........It is your future.  Learn to take care of yourself.  You say you are going to university.  Act like it.

Hey guys, I have been following this for a while, just registered, I applied late, about 2 weeks after Jan 15th, I applied for ROTP RMC, Air Engineer. I got past the medical and interview they said if my file is good to go by march 15th it would on the list of names for the selection committe to look at but I havent been able to confirm that my name made it in the personnel in charge of my application arent answering their phones and they arent responding by emails either. so I'm just waiting to find out if I will even be on the list for second round of selections. wat do u guys think about chances of being selected in round 2?

Doesn't matter what we think.

It depends on a lot of things that are beyond anyone's control here.

Be patient, thats all you can do.

Just called in.

I was accepted as a Senior to RMC for Land Ops. Ofcouse I accepted the offer.

This is the greatest thing to happen to me so far  ;D.

congrats to everyone who got accepted. Just out of curiosity, for what term do you have to serve in the military for? I'm going into computer science in Civi U and i was selected for Land Engineering grouping. I was told that I would have to serve for 13 years (inlcuding 4 years of university) that would leave me 9 years more after the university. This seemed a little too long. Not that I mind serving in the military for a long time but just wondering how many years you guys were told that you have to serve?

krkbl said:
congrats to everyone who got accepted. Just out of curiosity, for what term do you have to serve in the military for? I'm going into computer science in Civi U and i was selected for Land Engineering grouping. I was told that I would have to serve for 13 years (inlcuding 4 years of university) that would leave me 9 years more after the university. This seemed a little too long. Not that I mind serving in the military for a long time but just wondering how many years you guys were told that you have to serve?

Depending on the Trade you go into and the Education required to get you into that Trade, every person entering the CF will have Variable Ingagements. 

For my year, the VIE for most was 13 years although pilots and a few other cases with extended training have longer VIEs.

Just got the call.

ROTP at RMC for MARS Officer.

I'm in Victoria, so the west coast should be getting their calls soon.

Good luck to everyone.

Just got the call....

Got accepted for Sea trades and for Civ U.

Now just waiting to hear back from Civ Us, on weather i get in with them or not  :-\

Congratulations!

It's like a huge weight gets lifted and you feel like all the waiting(up to this point anyways  >:D) has been worth it.

It's just so good to see so many people from this topic being accepted.

To those who haven't been accepted, don't lose hope. There are more selections to come. Just hang in there and you may be surprised(in a good way hopefully).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back