• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulation cbuchan3.

And that's why we posted everything we possibly could; so we could answer questions that everyone else probably had.

Here's a question for all those that were accepted into ROTP at civvie U; Were you told that you were going to do IAP this summer or some other training?

I got the no good call. They said I was not selected yet for Pilot going to RMC. They said to hold tight for next selection at the end of this month.

My average is 84%, with plenty of volunteering and sports under my belt. Looks like competition is stiff !

Good luck to all still. I have my fingers crossed for the next round.

Radius said:
Here's a question for all those that were accepted into ROTP at civvie U; Were you told that you were going to do IAP this summer or some other training?

I was basically told to hold tight because that information would be coming in the near future. As of right now I have no future dates for anything yet.

Magic said:
I got the no good call. They said I was not selected yet for Pilot going to RMC. They said to hold tight for next selection at the end of this month.

My average is 84%, with plenty of volunteering and sports under my belt. Looks like competition is stiff !

Good luck to all still. I have my fingers crossed for the next round.

Tough one, good luck for the next round though. Did you get called today? I thought they would be closed on Saturday.

Radius said:

What I was told is that the offer is on the table and they'll contact me (probably the others too) in June/July and my first thing to do will be University. Nothing else before university. I was told to continue working or doing whatever I'm doing now until the very last minute before I start full time University.

It was also mentioned that the courses in May are all full of ROTP students from previous years. No room left at all and even the CEOTP recruits selected soon would only be going on course later this summer.

Later this summer as in the August course? or do you have info that an earlier date will be available?

I was told September. I don't have complete information about all the course though, so there may be an earlier one too.

my understanding is that instead of going to Basics before first year we will be doing a different course taking around the same time but they are saving basics for those who have completed a first year.

All those selected for RMC will go in mid-August for an introductory period before the start of the academic year in Sept.

hey guys, i got a call on last Tuesday from Ottawa Recruiting centre and i've been selected for ROTP eventhough i put RMC as my first choice. I'm very happy either way and good luck to people who are still waiting!!

krkbl said:
hey guys, i got a call on last Tuesday from Ottawa Recruiting centre and i've been selected for ROTP eventhough i put RMC as my first choice. I'm very happy either way and good luck to people who are still waiting!!

You mean you've been selected for Civilian University ROTP instead of RMC?

What element grouping were you selected for?

Got accepted for ROTP civvy U, crazy thing, i never applied to any civvy U. Waiting on second rmc selection. *fingers crossed*

Based on my "reply to your offer by this date", I would guess after 16 Mar 09.

I've been biting my fingers for the last month and I finally got the call today!

I was extended an offer for CivvieU ROTP - Land Ops,

I'm already in second year at Ontario IT, and they're picking me up for my last two years here.
The only problem that I have with this is that the officer that called me said I wouldn't be doing any training this summer (which I can't wait to do). I would be doing it next summer, and I'm doing my enrollment ceremony sometime at the end of July in Toronto.

Best of luck to the rest of you

I got the call today. Only problem is no one was home  ;D.

Gonna call in tomorrow when the office is open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back