• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to everyone who got offers, that's pretty exciting.

Which Recruiting Centers have you all been contacted by?

Rgallant13 said:
I'm going in as a land engineer... which I guess is a fancy word for infantry.

I thought they ask you a few questions in the interview about the MOC's you chose to make sure you have an idea of the job you are (sort of) applying for? I did my interview a couple years ago now I guess though.

Rgallant13 said:
I got a call today as well.  Rotp at a civilian university.  I'm already doing my year of university so they will next year.  I'm going in as a land engineer... which I guess is a fancy word for infantry.  She told me I will receive a letter tomorrow or Monday which will give me a lot of information and I can call them if I have questions from there.

On an unrelated note, people keep using the word MOC... what does that mean?  I'm assuming it has something to do with what trade people chose?

Land engineering is a group of three MOSIDs, 00181, 00187 and 00341 which are Engineer, Electrical and Mechanical Engineer and Signals respectively.  As Mr. Wallace says, you should really do some research as if you don't even know what you applied for or were offered, there's no way you know what you are going to be doing.  If this is the case, I'm very surprised that you made it through the selection process.  When I applied 9 years ago the officer at the CFRC asked many very specific questions about the MOC (now MOSID) I was applying for to ensure that I knew what I would be doing as a job and that I was prepared for what that entailed (deployments, etc).

Does anyone know what you need to score on your CFAT for the pilot trade?

Arcany said:

No.

Scores are not advertised.  You aren't even told your score.  You will be told if you have the aptitude or not for the Trades you applied for.

Arcany said:

The same as all other officer trades with the exception of AEC.

I know very well what I applied for, infantry, artillery and armour.  The girl that called me said that "land engineer" is infantry.  That is what the problem is... I've researched infantry and what I applied for... I just had no idea what land engineer was.  So either we miscommunicated or something.  I don't see why the would sign me up for a land engineer when I never applied for anything even related to that.  I have researched the combat arms very heavily and I have spent hours reading information on the infantry.  I don't know anyone in the military besides the recruiters I talked to so if I am misled it is because of what I am told.  Anyways, I will call them tomorrow and straighten things out. 

Hi everyone! I'm a new member here! Congrats to everyone who's been accepted into RMC; I just recieved my phone call yesterday and accepted my offer for ROTP: Pilot. Hmm... now just waiting on aircrew selection! Hope all goes well with applications!!

Machina said:
Hi everyone! I'm a new member here! Congrats to everyone who's been accepted into RMC; I just recieved my phone call yesterday and accepted my offer for ROTP: Pilot. Hmm... now just waiting on aircrew selection! Hope all goes well with applications!!

For Pilot or Air operations?

Sorry, probably air ops. (Haha, I didn't really listen to the recruiter who called me because of the adrenaline rush!)  My first choice was pilot, but I haven't done ACS yet, so I guess it's not really a shoe-in.

Ok, you scared me for a bit, I am in the ROTP since last year (going for pilot too) and I had another interview to get my trade assigned today. I would have found it unfair if you had your trade assigned before me. But anyway, congratulation on your acceptance!

Didn't mean to scare ya. So, this is your second year in ROTP? Is that when trades are assigned to the each of the cadets?

Haha, don't apologize for this. But yeah, the interviews have to be done by the end of march and my guess is that there is going to be a selection board that'll take the final decision.

Ok, you scared me for a bit, I am in the ROTP since last year (going for pilot too) and I had another interview to get my trade assigned today. I would have found it unfair if you had your trade assigned before me. But anyway, congratulation on your acceptance!

How did it go? Was it as involved as the first interview?

I'm still waiting for my interview. Can't wait

Ya..I'm in my last year of high school, I applied for rotp 2009-2010 Pilot this year, but i didnt have time to get my grades up I'm sitting at and average around 85%, math 81%, chem 89%, bio 90%, physics 80%.......So i guess i'll just take a year off school and work on getting my grades higher cause i really want ta go to the RMC....The recruiter at my CFRC said i have a good chance cause i just passed ACS on feb 7th and was told that i dont have to do it again when i apply for rotp 2010-2011.....I'm pretty sure it was my grade that was the reason for not getting selected this year cause I play lots of sports and have a good amount of volunteer hours. I was kinda stupid cause i choose engineering as my major but see i should have choosen a General sciences degree or something....

As for questions about aircrew selection we cant say much, I didnt have any previous pilot experience and still passed, I did buy that 400$ microsoft flight simulator to practice before and feel that helped SOOOO MUCH...........But they say that ACS is the real deal maker or breaker.......the acs intake the week before me only had 2 people out of 9 pass but dont get uppset about the odds cause i was right there, i thought i had failled for sure and then i was told i passed.....my intake had 5 or 6 out of 10 pass so it works both ways....

as for the guy wanting to pass air nav it's now called acso( air combat systems officer) i think........

oh by the way i dont kno if your able to do this but it would be nice if you could if you changed the topic of this thread to just rotp 2010-2011 instead of civi U

I just got the phone call today for ROTP offer. I got accepted at RMC for land engineering grouping..I'm ecstatic.  ;D
  Congrats to everyone else who got in as well!

Has anyone from the East coast heard anything yet?

Same in Halifax, and Newfoundland from what I gather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back