• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just east of Edmonton Alberta. In a town called Sherwood Park.

Thats awesome to those of you who have got the call, I wonder how long it will take them to get through the first round of calls.

PuffinFresh said:
Unfortunately I was not selected  :-\ oh well I'll just join the reserves.

How do you know you were not selected? Did they call you and let you know?

PuffinFresh said:
Unfortunately I was not selected  :-\ oh well I'll just join the reserves. 

Nothing wrong with that.  Many of us have paid our own way through Universities to get Degrees while holding positions in the Reserves.  You would have an advantage that many of us did not have, in that the Reserves now offer Education Reimbursement of up to $2000 per year for successful completion of Crses, to a maximum total of $8000.

George Wallace said:
Nothing wrong with that.  Many of us have paid our own way through Universities to get Degrees while holding positions in the Reserves.  You would have an advantage that many of us did not have, in that the Reserves now offer Education Reimbursement of up to $2000 per year for successful completion of Crses, to a maximum total of $8000.

Yea, I have been looking into some of these things since I am not sure if my whole RMC to CivvieU switcheroo will work when I am called (IF I am even offered in the first place). So I may look into this.

So I take it that most of you will not accept the NCM position if you dont get in to ROTP?

CEEBEE501 said:
So I take it that most of you will not accept the NCM position if you dont get in to ROTP?

Not right now, I want to give university a try.

I would like to be a Reg Force NCM if I don't get selected to be an officer.

I'm hoping I atleast get called tomorrow  ;D.

CEEBEE501 said:

If I get completely refused I may take my first year of Uni then apply again next year.

I just received my offer: ROTP Pilot, attending RMC, pending succesful completion of ASC (Mar 23).

The big gotcha for me is I didn't apply to RMC, so there's no program assigned. Tonight and tomorrow is going to be spent looking for something to major in. (The programs I initially applied for aren't offered at RMC)

Heff18 said:
I just received my offer: ROTP Pilot, attending RMC, pending succesful completion of ASC (Mar 23).

The big gotcha for me is I didn't apply to RMC, so there's no program assigned. Tonight and tomorrow is going to be spent looking for something to major in. (The programs I initially applied for aren't offered at RMC)

Congratulations on your offer ! That is exactly what I am waiting for ! Maybe there was a mix up !  :salute:

Hopefully see you in August

I talked to my File Manager today, saying I accept their offer. He said ok, we'll be in touch with you again around June/July, just keep doing what you were doing.

He was about to hang up, so I said "that's it? I thought I'd have something to sign or papers to fill out at this point".

He said no. They just want an idea of who will accept the offers and in June or July they'll take care of everything.

So still no date to give to my current Boss. Best I can give him is "In June/July, I'll know when I'll have to quit".

Oh well.

I got a call today,ROTP, Civi U, Logistics Air division !!!  But she said I would get an e-mail explaining it better, was I supposed to get the e-mail today as well? Because I haven't received it yet 

I got a call today as well.  Rotp at a civilian university.  I'm already doing my year of university so they will next year.  I'm going in as a land engineer... which I guess is a fancy word for infantry.  She told me I will receive a letter tomorrow or Monday which will give me a lot of information and I can call them if I have questions from there.

On an unrelated note, people keep using the word MOC... what does that mean?  I'm assuming it has something to do with what trade people chose? 

;D

Rgallant13 said:
I...........  I'm going in as a land engineer... which I guess is a fancy word for infantry. 

I would have thought that someone entering the CF and already in university, would have at least done some research into what they were getting into.

Rgallant13 said:
On an unrelated note, people keep using the word MOC... what does that mean?  I'm assuming it has something to do with what trade people chose?

MILITARY OCCUPATION CODE

I think you really should go do some research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back