• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Journeyman said:
The people who send out the acceptances are also members here.....and they're just dragging this out for the entertainment of watching you folks squirm every day.

>:D

i wouldn't doubt it ..... we will just be pests and call in response !

martr said:
I just got my call. Seriously.

Conditional Offer for ROTP - still need to bring my medical papers for eye surgery and breaking my neck several years ago.

I'm extremely happy about this!!!

Congratulations !! May I ask for what MOC ?

martr said:
I just got my call. Seriously.

Conditional Offer for ROTP - still need to bring my medical papers for eye surgery and breaking my neck several years ago.

I'm extremely happy about this!!!

Ah, so it begins. good.

ACEC said:
For most of us... hopefully :p

Quiet you. I hope they call me before you now. My luck I will not be home haha. Oh well.

To the person who was called already, how did the call go? What do they talk about?

From reading a few of these posts: For this year, are you guys learning of your final MOC before you start school?

Or are you still just slotted into "Air operations" etc until end of 1st year?

if you are going to the RMC ...i believe you are slotted as air op. I am not sure as for civy-u

Corey Darling said:
From reading a few of these posts: For this year, are you guys learning of your final MOC before you start school?

Or are you still just slotted into "Air operations" etc until end of 1st year?

From what the recruiter told me at the Halifax CFRC, we have assigned groups, like air ops, land ops, etc....and that we would be given an offer following the first year of university.  I think it's similar to last year's serial, from what I hear.

Apparently there are to many transfers amongst cadets in the first year(s). After a year, I believe you get selected into your final MOC within your occupational group.

Not quite clear on this process.

Magic said:
Apparently there are to many transfers amongst cadets in the first year(s). After a year, I believe you get selected into your final MOC within your occupational group.

Not quite clear on this process.

This is what I was told too, it seems as though you can switch everything after first year, as long as the military has openings and the first year of university goes well.

The call went well and it was to the point:

"I have good news for you, we have a conditional offer for you for Land Operations. We have approved you for ROTP at a civilian University. After you complete your first year, then we'll tell you exactly what you'll end up doing, but I see here you wanted Infantry. You'll know around April/May after your first year."

Something similar to this since I don't recall the exact words, adrenaline/excitement and all.

I have until mid march to say if I accept the offer or not and I figure when I say yes, I'll get further instructions. I'm just being a good boy and talking to my wife before I give the definite "yes".

I asked a question and was told my Military Career Counsellor would be in a better position to answer and to call him instead and that was it.

The caller sounded in a bit of a hurry. He probably kept it short and to the point since they have many calls to do today.

Thanks for the congrats!

edit:  The caller also indicated that after your first year, when they tell you what they want your MOC to be, you have the option of saying "no" and dropping out of the program with no negative consequences (financially). He indicated that if you drop out after that grace period, then you have obligations towards the CF.

That rocks martr ;D, I hope we are all as fortunate.

We can't all be as fortunate. That would destroy the purpose of the selections ;D.

Congratulations martr.

I just received my offer a few hours ago. I was offered ROTP for civilian university and MARS(Sea Operations) however that was my third choice...I will probably take the offer but I'm not certain as I would have rather received an offer for Infantry or Armour. Not sure whether chancing it for the second round of selections is a good idea.

The point of this new system is to wait a little while before choosing occupations so that you can see what else there is in the CF, thus it should be relatively easy to ask for Infantry or Armour when you selected your trade next year. I suggest taking it, instead of chancing second round.

Good to know. As I said I'm probably going to take the offer. I just want to sleep on it and make sure I'm making the right decision.

derael said:
Good to know. As I said I'm probably going to take the offer. I just want to sleep on it and make sure I'm making the right decision.

Where are you located?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back