• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
alx12345 said:
So i have learned a bit more about CEOTP, and i think i would be much better off in that, but there two thing that i am not sure about.

The CEOTP pilot requirement are. (Source from Forces.ca)

English (ENG4(U))
Mathematics: Calculus and Vectors (MCV4(U), or Que 536)
Mathematics: Advanced Functions (MHF4(U))
Physics (SPH4(U))
One additional science course/credit

I have no idea what these means, but i was wondering if its the same requirement for ROTP, Or if i have to change my current high school program that was aiming for ROTP?

And i know that i likely cannot join ROTP when i am in regular forces, but is it possible for CEOTP?

Thanks

I commend you on finding the general requirements. For your other questions try this next time :)

It will lead you to here so you can obtain your answer immediately :)

Rams96 said:
I recieved a job offer for armoured officer, and to study for a bachelor of arts at RMC last friday! Although I am extremely excited about the prospect of training to become an armoured officer, I would prefer to study for a Bachelor of Science. Although I wrote down Bachelor of Arts as my first choice when submitting my application, I have since grown to like calculus and mathematics. Is there any way to change my degree before arriving at RMC? Or will I have to wait until going there to speak with the respective Deans of the faculties of Science and Arts?

Question: did you have the prerequisites to be qualified for a Bachelor of Science?

If the answer is yes speak to your CFRC and they will be able to instruct you further.

Congrats :)

Goose15 said:
I commend you on finding the general requirements. For your other questions try this next time :)

It will lead you to here so you can obtain your answer immediately :)
That wasn't a really helpful answer. And your second link didn't work, it should go to http://www.rmc.ca/adm/ua-epc/ceotp-pfoep-eng.php

CEOTP should not be considered a viable option for an in-service selection option to you in the future.  The intent of the program is to fill positions in occupations that are very short in personnel, but there have been no pilot CEOTP selections for pilots in the last three years.  In the years when there was an internal intake, it was normally limited to around 2 per year.

UTPNCM is the internal program that parallels ROTP, providing a subsidized university education.  Again, slots are limited, but there have been selections in the last few years.  There's a few threads on here about each, as well as for becoming a pilot in the CAF.  Have a look around, and use Google to search the forum pages.  To do this, enter "site:army.ca CEOTP" or any other keyword you're looking for.

Hope that helps a little more.

Hmm, there are a bunch of options but it seems that only ROTP will work for me for now, though my requirement will be completed in about 2 years, so i can only hope that more doors will be open at this time.

And thanks for the answer guys.

Goose15 said:
Question: did you have the prerequisites to be qualified for a Bachelor of Science?

If the answer is yes speak to your CFRC and they will be able to instruct you further.

Thank you! I have the academic prerequisites to be qualified for a bachelor of science, so I will follow your advice and speak to my recruiter when I call in to accept my offer!

Does anyone know what to expect from the Assessment Period in August prior to attending school in the fall?

I'm really just curious about what it will be like, what type of stuff we will be doing, what we will receive, etc.

P.S. I will be attending civvie u in September if it makes any difference. Thanks in advance!

Fox0594 said:
Does anyone know what to expect from the Assessment Period in August prior to attending school in the fall?

I'm really just curious about what it will be like, what type of stuff we will be doing, what we will receive, etc.

P.S. I will be attending civvie u in September if it makes any difference. Thanks in advance!

Check out this thread: http://army.ca/forums/threads/101727.0

Hello everyone, just a quick question about selection; I noticed that almost everyone who posted about getting an acceptance to the ROTP and/or RMC (Congrats to all of you by the way  :salute: ) were selected for pilots. Is this normal, and if so does anyone have any idea when I (assuming I get accepted or denied in this selection) will hear back? My trade choices are 1: Infantry O. 2: Combat Engineer O. 3: Armour O. If this has any relevance, my file is in CFRC Vancouver at New Westminster but I currently live in the States. Thank you in advance for any advice and good luck to everyone else that hasn't heard back yet.  :cdn: :)

n.bro199 said:
Hello everyone, just a quick question about selection; I noticed that almost everyone who posted about getting an acceptance to the ROTP and/or RMC (Congrats to all of you by the way  :salute: ) were selected for pilots. Is this normal, and if so does anyone have any idea when I (assuming I get accepted or denied in this selection) will hear back? My trade choices are 1: Infantry O. 2: Combat Engineer O. 3: Armour O.

There really isn't a "normal" for who or what gets calls. Part of what you are seeing is simply lots of Pilot applicants on this site and this thread in particular.

n.bro199 said:
If this has any relevance, my file is in CFRC Vancouver at New Westminster

All depends on the ever-changing protocols. I wouldn't count on it creating a big difference either way though.

n.bro199 said:
I currently live in the States.

Don't worry about this. That will not be a problem as long as they have proper up-to-date contact information.

n.bro199 said:
Thank you in advance for any advice and good luck to everyone else that hasn't heard back yet.  :cdn: :)

Good luck to you! :)

In the last few years they are accepting more positions at RMC versus Civi U. I think that getting a Civi U position is unlikely unless you are alreay enrolled there or the program is not available at RMC (nursing for example).

You can almost be assured that the position is for RMC.

curious22 said:
In the last few years they are accepting more positions at RMC versus Civi U. I think that getting a Civi U position is unlikely unless you are alreay enrolled there or the program is not available at RMC (nursing for example).

You can almost be assured that the position is for RMC.

In the past few years, there were more positions assigned to Civi U due to construction being done at RMC to renovate and construct new quarters for students.  Now that this is completed, the policy will return to normal with the majority of candidates being housed and schooled at RMC.  This is not anything new or unusual.

alx12345 said:
Hmm, there are a bunch of options but it seems that only ROTP will work for me for now, though my requirement will be completed in about 2 years, so i can only hope that more doors will be open at this time.

And thanks for the answer guys.

As far as getting some flying lessons. Flight training may help you with Aircrew selection but does not guarantee a pass. The only advantage that a commercial pilots license will give you is a bypass from PFT in Portage. Those who are selected and have a commercial license can go directly to BFT in Moosejaw.

I got a call last wednesday that I was accepted to CMR Saint Jean for a BSc and for MARS Officer. I have a couple questions though. First off, is it possible that my acceptance can get revoked? My midterms were strong in Math and Physics but I am almost failing Biology :-\. Can the CF see that mark and revoke my acceptance even though I've accepted the job offer? Also my both of the recruiters I talked to didn't say anything about going to RMC Kingston after Saint Jean, however it doesn't mention full university degrees on the CMRSJ website. Finally is there somewhere that I can access statistics on the applicants this year? (eg. how many people applied to which programs from where?) Im just interested is all. Im wildly excited to start this summer and I'll see some of you there ;D.
Thanks in advance for any response. 8)

Won't be heading to RMC this year, reapplying for next year. In the meantime I'm headed to Mount Allison and continuing training in PRes. Congratulations and good luck to all of you that have been accepted!

Lettheledout said:
I got a call last wednesday that I was accepted to CMR Saint Jean for a BSc and for MARS Officer. I have a couple questions though. First off, is it possible that my acceptance can get revoked? My midterms were strong in Math and Physics but I am almost failing Biology :-\. Can the CF see that mark and revoke my acceptance even though I've accepted the job offer? Also my both of the recruiters I talked to didn't say anything about going to RMC Kingston after Saint Jean, however it doesn't mention full university degrees on the CMRSJ website. Finally is there somewhere that I can access statistics on the applicants this year? (eg. how many people applied to which programs from where?) Im just interested is all. Im wildly excited to start this summer and I'll see some of you there ;D.
Thanks in advance for any response. 8)

I do believe that at some point in time and prior to enrolment, you will be asked for a copy of your final highschool transcripts and diploma.  If I was you, I'd start hitting those Biology books some hard and if you need to get a "tutor", get one now!!!  You may very well have the same type of courses at CMR or RMC and they only get harder!!!

HDay said:
Won't be heading to RMC this year, reapplying for next year. In the meantime I'm headed to Mount Allison and continuing training in PRes. Congratulations and good luck to all of you that have been accepted!

What makes you think this?  ROTP selections are still ongoing and will be for sometime.

So I've been put on the merit list once again after being persistent. Although I'm not entirely sure how many spots have already been filled. Is the likelihood of receiving an offer slim at this point?

Good afternoon,

I'm also an R.O.T.P. candidate for Nursing this year, attending Dalhousie this fall for the four year program.

I spoke to my recruiter yesterday and she says the offers are just starting to come in and will continue to do so up until the possibility of August, due to people turning them down or not meeting necessary qualifications to continue.

Congrats OblivionKnight!  That is great news!  I know every year is different but out of the 6 ROTP Nursing people from last year that I have talked to I received the earliest offer in Mid April and the rest didn't hear until late May-June and one didn't hear until a week before INDOC last summer which was the the second week of Aug.  Fingers crossed for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back