• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious.

Why are you asking these questions and not your son?

If he cannot handle this himself, he's going to have a hard time in flying training.

One of you, at a minimum, has to cut the umbilical cord and develop some independence.

Have three possible times for Aircrew Selection at the end of the month, I find out which one I'm loaded on to very soon! Feels great to finally be near the end of the road  :)

Near the end of the driveway, maybe.

So I appliedfor pilot and ACSO, when I called today to ask about the test I have to write for ACSO, they said my file was being reviewed somewhere and when that's done they'll book the test. Will this stop my application for pilot from being looked at during the first round? Any advice please?

Loachman- I agree with you that he should be asking questions, not me. He is just very busy with school work and his Cadets.  He tells me that "Relax, last year my friend did his ACS in May and was selected".

I hope that he is right and I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Loachman said:
I am curious.

Why are you asking these questions and not your son?

If he cannot handle this himself, he's going to have a hard time in flying training.

One of you, at a minimum, has to cut the umbilical cord and develop some independence.

hopefulpilotdad said:
Loachman- I agree with you that he should be asking questions, not me. He is just very busy with school work and his Cadets.  He tells me that "Relax, last year my friend did his ACS in May and was selected".

I hope that he is right and I am keeping my fingers crossed.

With this type of selection process your son cannot go by last year's results. If his friend got selected in May, he might have been lucky. There is no guarantee that your son will receive an offer in May, just because his friend did. As the positions get filled up there are fewer and fewer spots available, so he will be competing against more candidates for fewer spots. I wish your son all the best in the selection process, hopefully he'll be merit listed soon.

Thanks StudentPilot.

We know that it is going to be hard but he/we tried everything in advance-applied early-submitted whatever they asked on time. Then also if someone at CFRC Toronto has 'dropped the ball" as mentioned by DAA, do we have any choice.

He told me that there were many applicants waiting for ACS  at CFRC when he went for medical. We just hope that they will be fair to all those applicants. It is not their fault that Toronto office gets more applications than other centers.

BTW- Recived call yesterday that our Doctor forgot to ask for Urine Microscopy ??? So went to Doctor again and hopefully will get results on Monday! Now who to blame-just unlucky that things are delayed somehow at every step! First CFRC nurse gave wrong form for Orthodics instead of Orthodontist so had to go again to pick that form and now our old Doctor!

StudentPilot23 said:
With this type of selection process your son cannot go by last year's results. If his friend got selected in May, he might have been lucky. There is no guarantee that your son will receive an offer in May, just because his friend did. As the positions get filled up there are fewer and fewer spots available, so he will be competing against more candidates for fewer spots. I wish your son all the best in the selection process, hopefully he'll be merit listed soon.

Hello

I was wondering if anyone had the link to this:

ROTP standardized letter of reference

For the pdf download.

Many thanks

I just got off the phone with my file manager. She notified me that the selection period had been extended by about a week, and that CFRC London is expecting offers to roll in after Easter weekend or even closer to May. The wait feels eternal  :(

StudentPilot23 said:
I just got off the phone with my file manager. She notified me that the selection period had been extended by about a week, and that CFRC London is expecting offers to roll in after Easter weekend or even closer to May. The wait feels eternal  :(

:( not good. My teacher's college offer expires around that time, which was my back up in case I didn't make the cut for nursing officer.

OblivionKnight said:
:( not good. My teacher's college offer expires around that time, which was my back up in case I didn't make the cut for nursing officer.

I can only speak for CFRC London man. Your CFRC might be getting acceptances a little earlier. Give your file manager a call  :)

StudentPilot23 said:
I can only speak for CFRC London man. Your CFRC might be getting acceptances a little earlier. Give your file manager a call  :)

I didn't know until know that selection timeline differs for each CFRC.

OblivionKnight said:

Truth is, when you apply for ROTP, regardless of your occupation choices, it is expected and assumed that you have also applied to other Civilian Universities.

ROTP is not just an application to the CF but also an application to RMC/CMR.  So if for whatever reason RMC/CMR doesn't accept you, you can still be offered acceptance to the CF for attendance at a Civi U.

Mind you in this case, RMC does not offer a Nursing program along with a few other select degrees, so Civi U is the only venue available.

StudentPilot23 said:

CDFALRMAN said:
I didn't know until know that selection timeline differs for each CFRC.

The selection dates are ALL the same.

Yeah I agree, the selection dates are the same, it's just my file manager told me that she'll usually hear from the selection board a week or so later than when they say they're going to notify her. Sorry if I spread a bit of misinformation there.

@OblivionKnight

Accept your offer for Teacher's college, usually you can cancel an acceptance before the school year starts with almost no penalty, except some administrative fees.

a-ulrich said:
Hello

I was wondering if anyone had the link to this:

ROTP standardized letter of reference

For the pdf download.

Many thanks

Anything they require from you for the application you would have received in your initial email or your continuing contact.

I have been talking with the taekwondo Coach at RMCC and he told me that the selection board was scheduled to meet on Monday April 14 to make the selections. Going to be waiting just a little bit longer.

Chelomo said:
@OblivionKnight

Accept your offer for Teacher's college, usually you can cancel an acceptance before the school year starts with almost no penalty, except some administrative fees.

Thanks for the advice, that is exactly what I will do. I just called my CFRC and was informed that I have been removed from the merit list because the 4-year nursing programs I applied to were "collaborative" and therefore ineligible for ROTP. So it's the end of the line for me, but good luck to everyone waiting for the offers!

OblivionKnight said:
Thanks for the advice, that is exactly what I will do. I just called my CFRC and was informed that I have been removed from the merit list because the 4-year nursing programs I applied to were "collaborative" and therefore ineligible for ROTP. So it's the end of the line for me, but good luck to everyone waiting for the offers!

Sorry to hear that man. Good luck on you next step though! :salute: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back