• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then I would talk to admissions and tell them your situation.  That way you will only have to pay once to hold your seat.  All the places I applied to were understanding with me when I asked if I could extend my admission offer as I was waiting for my ROTP offer.  I found that they all loved the possibility of an ROTP student as they know that they will have no issues with waiting for tuition money etc.

Also, if you accepted the 2 year program and then came back later and said that the military will not fund you for it, and ask if you can still get into the 4 year program, they SHOULD be accommodating, as they are now going to be making a lot more money off of you. (this is what happened to me personally with UOttawa)

Thanks for the replies. I emailed the admissions office and was informed that most likely they would not be able to extend the admission offer expiry date because of how competitive the programs are. However I was told to contact the nursing program coordinator regarding this issue (which I did), and I'm waiting for a response. I think switching programs after enrollment would be difficult because in the 2-year program, the clinicals start during the first year whereas in the 4-year they don't. And as you mentioned, the 2-year program is a lot more rigorous and there is no room for electives, and the program runs through the summer months as well. I'm not too concerned about residence, since I can't afford that anyway (lol) so it's off-campus housing for me. I'll try maybe calling the university instead, as well as contacting my MCC. If it doesn't work out, I'll most likely accept the 2-year program as you mentioned. Perhaps I should have applied to UOttawa, as they seem a lot more accommodating than the schools I applied to  :-\

My results from the medical in Toronto came back and I was awarded an airfactor of 1, and have been merit listed for pilot!! Now all there's left to do is wait...

StudentPilot23 said:
My results from the medical in Toronto came back and I was awarded an airfactor of 1, and have been merit listed for pilot!! Now all there's left to do is wait...

Congrats man, good luck!

This might be a little stale now, but if you are still interested. I am a graduate from a forestry program before joining the CAF. It is an excellent degree if that is the route you would like to go down. I understand the importance of having that card in your back pocket upon joining the CAF and it doesn't go the way you had planned. The only downside to the program is most universities would like you to work in the industry during the summer session. In fact I had courses that I was required to finish during the summer for the program. Not sure if that is the case for U of A, but it is something to look into.

Had my CFAT, medical and interview today. I didn't score high enough to be competitive for ROTP, but I am plenty competitive for RMS Clerk so I've decided to go for that instead. All in all, its probably a better option for me anyways. :)

SarahRad said:
Had my CFAT, medical and interview today. I didn't score high enough to be competitive for ROTP, but I am plenty competitive for RMS Clerk so I've decided to go for that instead. All in all, its probably a better option for me anyways. :)

Are they not having you do a new interview for RMS clerk? I ask as its not only a different entry plan but also a different CAF role (i.e. NCM vs Offiicer). I would check on this if I were you.

Goose15 said:
Are they not having you do a new interview for RMS clerk? I ask as its not only a different entry plan but also a different CAF role (i.e. NCM vs Offiicer). I would check on this if I were you.

We actually did the interview for RMS Clerk instead of ROTP.  She said if I wanted to add other trades to my application I'd have to do a 15 minute phone interview for them, but otherwise all that's left is waiting for my medical to come back from Ottawa and my references to be called.

SarahRad said:
We actually did the interview for RMS Clerk instead of ROTP.  She said if I wanted to add other trades to my application I'd have to do a 15 minute phone interview for them, but otherwise all that's left is waiting for my medical to come back from Ottawa and my references to be called.

Okay cool, just wanted to be sure you weren't going to find an issue or delay with your application. Good luck :)

don't think I'm going to make for selections. At least the first 2, but hopefully for top up.
Medical okay, submitted my FBI check but they have yet to start my security or contact my references.

Well guys, I didn't make the first round. Why? One of the med techs forgot to give me a medical form when I went for my interview, CFAT, and medical. Circumstances conspired to ensure it wasn't sent off to Borden till Monday of this week, and now?  We don't even know if it'll get back in time to make the second board. I'm very disappointed and quite angry-- what kills me is that it was the CFRC that messed up here. I would have been merit listed too, according to my file manager.

My chances of getting in have taken a major hit, all because the system glitched. Great. Just great.

ZeiGezunt said:
My chances of getting in have taken a major hit, all because the system glitched. Great. Just great.

Welcome to the wonderful world of recruiting......

ZeiGezunt said:
Well guys, I didn't make the first round. Why? One of the med techs forgot to give me a medical form when I went for my interview, CFAT, and medical. Circumstances conspired to ensure it wasn't sent off to Borden till Monday of this week, and now?  We don't even know if it'll get back in time to make the second board. I'm very disappointed and quite angry-- what kills me is that it was the CFRC that messed up here. I would have been merit listed too, according to my file manager.

How do you know the first round is over? I thought the first round happens only in the first week of April. If this is true, you can still make it well within time.

ZeiGezunt said:

The first round is apparently during the first week of April, so you still have time to be merit listed. If not for the first, then at least for the second one.

Reference checks are still being completed before I can attend Air Crew Selection so I likely won't be meeting the date for the first round of selections. Is there any rough idea of when the second round takes place?

a.schamb said:
Reference checks are still being completed before I can attend Air Crew Selection so I likely won't be meeting the date for the first round of selections. Is there any rough idea of when the second round takes place?

My guess, probably about 3 weeks after the first round but definitely before the end of Apr.  Top ups usually take place in early May.

ZeiGezunt said:
Hey DAA,

Do you mind if I shoot you a PM regarding my predicament?

Doors always open to you and anyone else.    :cheers:

Hey all please post any good news! Really hoping for everyone's best! Good luck in the coming selections :cheers:

Good morning all,

Just thought I'd do an update; I've been in the process of a CT from PRes at 33 Combat Engineer Regiment in Ottawa, ON into ROTP for Pilot, AerE or ACSO.

Interview has been completed and deemed suitable, ACSO test passed and suitable, and I have an Aircrew medical appt. booked for 2-Apr and 28-Apr. I've been told that Aircrew selections are done EVERY week, starting the first week of April, so hopefully I'll be able to pass my medical, finish (and pass) the Aircrew selection and be offered a position :)

I'm not sure if this has any pull, I have a friend at RMCC and I was able to get contact info for the soccer coach, and he told me that with my experience that I've been put on a Athlete's list? Can anyone tell me if there's any pros or cons on that, or if it means much at all??

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back