• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
OblivionKnight said:
Thank you for the reply. So basically I can be given an offer for ROTP Nursing Officer even though I have not yet been accepted into a nursing program?

Also, I have completed the interview and was deemed 'suitable'. I took the CFAT in 2012, and completed a thorough medical (for Aircrew) in April 2013. My Background Check was also completed during that time. My MCC told me that my CFAT score was quite high, but that I would have to complete another medical, and fill out another form: http://cdn.forces.ca/_PDF2010/PersonalDataVerification.pdf

From my understanding, the medical is valid for 1 year. Do I have to complete an updated medical before I can be merit-listed (assuming I have not been merit-listed already)?
Also, how long is the background check/security clearance valid for? The reason I ask is because last year, I used my friends as references. However this year, my MCC told me that I need to provide professional references, and that I should try my best to get these professional references to prevent any 'problems' that may occur. How important is it for me to provide an updated list of professional references?

That's right, see the post by nursekatrina as this is exactly the way it will work.  If you get an offer it will be "conditional" and then your responsibility to obtain acceptance into a recognized nursing program.

The Medical and Background Checks are usually good for a year, so you WILL require an update very shortly.  So keep a list of "references" handy, in case you need to provide new ones or if the old ones are still available, just use those.

Thanks for the responses. I guess I just have to play the waiting game now and hope for an offer!

DAA said:
That's right, see the post by nursekatrina as this is exactly the way it will work.  If you get an offer it will be "conditional" and then your responsibility to obtain acceptance into a recognized nursing program.

The Medical and Background Checks are usually good for a year, so you WILL require an update very shortly.  So keep a list of "references" handy, in case you need to provide new ones or if the old ones are still available, just use those.
nursekatrina said:
OblivionKnight,

I was one of, if not the first person on this site last year to receive an ROTP offer, April 17th I believe.  I received it under the conditions that I was accepted into a suitable Civi U Nursing program.  I did not receive my acceptance letter from my 3 three schools of choice until end of the end of April and early May.

Cheers, K

It seems they're really pushing through ROTP applications.
Last Tuesday I was told not to expect interview/Medical scheduling call for another month but got scheduled for everything a week after CFAT  :D
Not enough time to look at job descriptions in detail unfortunately. 

Quick question for the applicants in this thread who probably know the answer to this:

When is the deadline to be merit listed this year for ROTP applicants? Thanks.

As long as selections are still being made for your occupation there is no true deadline. ASAP is obviously best at this point though.

Goose15 said:
As long as selections are still being made for your occupation there is no true deadline. ASAP is obviously best at this point though.

Thanks, when I applied for ROTP back in 2012 (didn't make it), there was a deadline to be merit listed. If you didn't make the initial deadline, you weren't considered when the board met for selections during the 1st round. I think there were 3 rounds of selections, could be wrong on that last one though.

matthew1786 said:
Thanks, when I applied for ROTP back in 2012 (didn't make it), there was a deadline to be merit listed. If you didn't make the initial deadline, you weren't considered when the board met for selections during the 1st round. I think there were 3 rounds of selections, could be wrong on that last one though.

Nope, you are right.  Last year there were 3 rounds of selections (Initial, 2nd and then Top Ups), so this year should relatively be the same.  If memory serves me correct, then 1st round ROTP Selections are usually in mid to late Mar or possibly early Apr.

So while the forces.ca website states "The Regular Officer Training Plan application deadline is January 31 for admission the following September and basic training at the end of your first academic year. The Regular Officer Training Plan application deadline for Military Police Officer is January 15 for admission the following September"[/color]  you can still apply for ROTP "after" this date, HOWEVER, there is no guarantee that your application will be processed in time for Merit Listing and selection.

DAA said:
Nope, you are right.  Last year there were 3 rounds of selections (Initial, 2nd and then Top Ups), so this year should relatively be the same.  If memory serves me correct, then 1st round ROTP Selections are usually in mid to late Mar or possibly early Apr.

So while the forces.ca website states "The Regular Officer Training Plan application deadline is January 31 for admission the following September and basic training at the end of your first academic year. The Regular Officer Training Plan application deadline for Military Police Officer is January 15 for admission the following September"[/color]  you can still apply for ROTP "after" this date, HOWEVER, there is no guarantee that your application will be processed in time for Merit Listing and selection.

:goodpost:

This is what I was getting at but this is a more in-depth explanation.

Does anyon know if RMC has a bell curve for grades like other universities or is it a different system?

Thanks!

I emailed my recruiting centre this morning because I hadn't heard anything since I submitted the AQ and transcripts on Nov 18.
Well I got a really quick email back and I'm academically approved for CivvieU only which is exactly what I wanted and I'm so stoked!
I can't wait to get things going for the CFAT etc!

StudentPilot23 said:
Does anyon know if RMC has a bell curve for grades like other universities or is it a different system?

Thanks!

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that RMC is a you get what you get institution. I do not believe RMC or the CAF is interested in adjusting grades to match a particular pattern like some civvie universities do.

OblivionKnight said:
Cool, which occupations did you apply to?
I only applied for Logistics. It was the only officer occupation I could see myself really enjoying.

SarahRad said:
I emailed my recruiting centre this morning because I hadn't heard anything since I submitted the AQ and transcripts on Nov 18.
Well I got a really quick email back and I'm academically approved for CivvieU only which is exactly what I wanted and I'm so stoked!

Good for you!  If you hadn't tried to contact your CFRC, who knows what would have happened! 

SarahRad said:

Thanks for the feedback ^_^

Goose15 said:
I am going to go out on a limb here and say that RMC is a you get what you get institution. I do not believe RMC or the CAF is interested in adjusting grades to match a particular pattern like some civvie universities do.

Good point. Thanks for the answer!  :salute:

StudentPilot23 said:

Thanks!

No offence to any of you guys here, but as a second year student the idea of a bell curve is a bit of a myth. While yes, I have heard of certain courses and subjects being belled(engineering mostly). The vast majority of arts courses and more general courses you get what you get. You have to earn your marks, and yes teachers and professors are there to help but you have to put in more then your fair share of effort for your grades.

KerryBlue said:
No offence to any of you guys here, but as a second year student the idea of a bell curve is a bit of a myth. While yes, I have heard of certain courses and subjects being belled(engineering mostly). The vast majority of arts courses and more general courses you get what you get. You have to earn your marks, and yes teachers and professors are there to help but you have to put in more then your fair share of effort for your grades.

Word, I've never been belled for either first year and second year courses. Plus, 3rd year and 4th year courses are often smaller. Though a word of advice, building up a relationship with your profs when you're doing liberal arts can pay hefty dividends when that same prof evaluates your term paper.

Although it is true you need to work for your marks here every second you get (as well as the other 3 pillars), I can say the bell curve does exist at RMC.

And I thank the Lord everyday for it.

So I`ve finished my interview and physical, now I just need to get all my forms done for my medical. Does anyone know if we need copies of the tests done for only the blood-work/ urinary tests or both those and the tests done by our optometrist/ eye doctor.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back